• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Cool. I would have preferred a Switch version but I know the urge to get all those sweet trophies for two of my all time favorite games would have been too strong and I would have double dipped. So at least I'm saving money. Strange decision though, considering the Smash hype.

I hope the Trophy list will be good. The Achievements in SotN 360 were alright, they're the reason I did a Richter playthrough and that was so much fun.

I wonder if we'll get the original dub or the PSP re-dub for Symphony.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
You kinda have to sway the no port begging rule here lol, how is Ritcher in Smash but this PS4 exclusive?

bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
Damn, ever since it got rated in Korea I was thinking about the possibility of acquiring it on Switch, it's the platform I'd enjoy it the most to play these... I just don't enjoy playing games like these on the TV.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I think this confirms that Playstation All-Star Battle Royale 2 is happening and Konami wants to make sure Alucard gets properly represented on the console beforehand. Makes sense to promote your character when they're soon to be featured in a big crossover game.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, might have to pick this up. Never ended up playing Symphony of the Night despite it being highly praised.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
i also just realized it's coming out the same date as season 2 of the Netflix series, i guess they want to try and tie it in with this

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth every time I have heard this game mentioned, it was not as an exclusive.
Times exclusive I can live with. I'll just play it on Switch later.

Anyway great to see this re release. I've never played Castlevania before so once it's on switch I'll definitely pick it up.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Day one can't wait.

When will console whining be looked at the same as port begging because it really is the exact same thing.

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
I'm not even particularly mad this ain't on Switch or PC, I'm just baffled more than anything. Why the hell is this exclusive?

Deku_o4a

Oct 27, 2017
Hope this leads to ports of the gba and ds games. Not going to get it though, as I'd rather play these on the go.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This will likely come to other systems down the line...still weird to have it as an exclusive for this Holiday season.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is it the enhanced version from Dracula X Chronocles or have the Dreamcast extras?

If it's just a port then only having two games is honestly kind of lame. Especially since one is ridiculesly easy to get on other systems. Especially when we have stuff like Bloodlines that still hasn't been re-released.

Like I already have the PlayStation classic version and Dracula X Chronicles, not much motivation to get this.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Odd choice for an exclusivity deal. At least SOTN is already on Xbox One through backwards compatibility, but Switch would have been nice. Oh well.

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland
Maybe Sony was trying to get symphony for the PlayStation classic and konami said give us a little more money and we'll port it to PS4 as well.

That would the only explanation really. Unless Sony has given them a lot of money to do this it's no doubt in my mind a Switch version would sell the better of the 2.
I'm sure it will come to the Switch eventually but... ya.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Console warring. History of infractions for being hostile towards other members.
> Make a collection to promote the netflix show
> Do not include the game said show is based on
> Don't release it on all platforms where it would have made actual sense

why is konami doing his best to shoot themselves in the foot everytime
tenor.gif

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
That is the worst trailer for a retro compilation that I ever saw.

Cropped footage, too short, not using some awesome remix, title animation super lazy.....

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The salt is gonna be unreal with the PS4 exclusivity, what the hell Konami. Richter in Smash and this would make sense but Noooo, just one platform is fine.

ADee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm not mad since I'll play it on the PS4.
But for a business perspective please explain how this makes sense...

I just can't understand..... either Sony paid them or Konami has some weird producers..

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Ah, good to see these officially announced at last. I keep meaning to get to playing Symphony of the Night, but to my shame haven't yet done so. I think that it may finally be time!

Edit: has anyone found a store link yet? It would be good to know the price.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a lazy-ass 15 second trailer. Surely they could've done something better.

Also; they're making this coincide with the Season 2 of the Netflix series are they not? Cause that would actually be a smart move.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Sums up a lot of posts in this thread.
Not everything has to do with Salt...do you really think none of us have the option to play these titles in some way and form ? Just from a Business sense it seems weird to go exclusive with such a release. Especially when CV is featured in Smash now as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.