• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How much you wanna bet if this underperforms they'll pull the "well guess no ones interested" bullcrap.

tenor.gif

What exactly are you celebrating here?

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Still play SotN like once or twice a year, so this might be a good pick up when that time comes.

At first I thought they only announced the PS4 version, buy lol, they actually said exlusive! Not to port peg, would pick it up on PS4 even if was multi platform, but what's the point of this being exclusive?!

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
Exclusive why? Either Konami hates money or Sony spends it on bullshit (not saying the games are shit, Rondo is GOAT Castlevania).

Sp1

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
all further switch ports are cancelled because of Bowser hentai, sorry.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But then why not pack it in with Castlevania III which the serie is based on.

Why not make an actual fucking collection?

Like maybe Capcom has spoiled me but only two games seems like a rip.

Heck they had a collection with these two on it already, AND had a complete remake of one of them.

JumpCancel

Oct 26, 2017
Ctrl+F "Switch" = 15 hits on the first page.

As usual it isn't enough to celebrate the release of 2 classic games, one of which wasn't released in the west originally. Everyone needs to wine about them not coming to a particular platform. I for one am thankful that Rondo of Blood gets to be played by millions of people who never got the chance. In my mind, it's the best Castlevania ever made.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ guys, can we have this thread about the actual game instead of half of you whining why there's no Switch version? It's really tiring to see this pattern whenever a new old school game is announced.

Back on topic: it's strange they used in the trailer the art for the PSP remake of Rondo and yet this collection only includes the PC Engine original?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I have beef with the way they are naming this.

Like I know SoTN is the bigger game here...but as it is basically a Direct Sequel to Rondo, sure Rondo should be first on the cover and the Title?

It'd be like if we got a Zelda pack called "Majoras Mask + Ocarina of Time".

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Nooo....

No speedruns please.
I doubt it.
Probably just a mix of "beat each game with every character, find every item in SotN and unlock the full map, save everyone in Rondo and play every variant of each level."
If there's a speedrun trophy it'll probably just be for SotN and that game can be broken so easily.

ADee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

As usual it isn't enough to celebrate the release of 2 classic games, one of which wasn't released in the west originally. Everyone needs to wine about them not coming to a particular platform. I for one am thankful that Rondo of Blood gets to be played by millions of people who never got the chance. In my mind, it's the best Castlevania ever made.

Read the thread, people are not whining (wining?). We are just baffled

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would've bought if it was a comprehensive collection with 1-4 (with Japanese version of 3), Bloodlines, Rondo, SOTN, the GBA Igavanias and the N64 titles, but that's the only way they would've had my attention. This is classic low-effort Konami in full display.

I've already got SOTN on my Xbox One. Try harder, Konami.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Richter in Smash is literally the perfect gateway to sell a bunch of people on this collection, not being on Switch is incredibly stupid.

rubidium

Oct 25, 2017
So this is PSP emulated and kinda proofs PSP emulator exists for PS4. However it isn't that surprising since PSP emulator existed from PS3 days (though it was hidden).

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
This entire thread is going to be portbegging. Considering the last thread was still speculation, it was all right. But at this point the game is officially announced and confirmed so this shouldn't be allowed whatsoever. I hope moderators take action because this is going to get ridiculous if you just want to discuss the collection here.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
More than anything, I'm just confused why they thought this was a good idea. And I'm disappointed it's only two games.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I would've bought if it was a comprehensive collection with 1-4, (with Japanese version of 3), Bloodlines, Rondo, SOTN, the GBA Igavanias and the N64 titles, but that's the only way they would've had my attention. This is classic low-effort Konami in full display.
Someone sounds easy to please.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Day 1, but exclusive is silly.

To celebrate Simon and Richter in Smash, we're proud to announce Kid Dracula exclusive for Ouya!
- Konami 2018

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I'm thinking this is literally just Dracula X Chronicles without the main game. As in those exact versions emulated

Let's see how the emulation is

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Because it's likely to be PSP emulation.
It's not. It's based on the TG16/PS1 originals, as confirmed by the PS blog.
Both games are the originals emulated for the PlayStation 4, with several updates that take advantage of the new hardware.
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...sics-exclusively-to-playstation-4-next-month/

I'm guessing it's using the EN vocal track from the PSP version though, since the original was JP exclusive.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone

I hate to be redundant but Rondo was on wii and topped the chart the moment they announced VC was going away. Like everyone says it would have made sense as a tie in with smash.

Dont get what it has to do with the netflix series aside from brand.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Only got a couple of hours into SotN on Vita, but wasn't a fan of playing it on that system.

Would prefer to have it on Switch, but I'll jump in on the PS4 version anyway, though not for a while as the 26th is Red Dead 2 day!

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
So.. is it just re-releases of the game or? I would very much like to play a new version of Rondo of Blood.
I'll get it either way depending on the price ofc.

Also, it's definately weird this is an exclusive. Looks like a missed opportunity to me.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Are we really doing this "Sony paying companies off" bs again? Because it gets proven wrong and you all look like lunatics time and time again.

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody moaning about no Switch version needs to get over it. Be happy with what we have, which is the PS4 version at least.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Some people are just dismissing others point by calling them salty but it's a damn good question. I don't own a Switch and I'm asking why it's not on there.

I'm split 50:50 between Playstation timed exclusivity and Konami being incompetent.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if this is just the psp being emulated, like with locoroco and parappa the rapper etc.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ guys, can we have this thread about the actual game instead of half of you whining why there's no Switch version? It's really tiring to see this pattern whenever a new old school game is announced.

Back on topic: it's strange they used in the trailer the art for the PSP remake of Rondo and yet this collection only includes the PC Engine original?

This isnt just about a missing Switch release...but also no PC/Xbox.
Its just weird to have such a re-release of a big IP not being multiplattform. We would get the same reaction if Mega Man or any other classic re-releases would be exclusives.

But yeah its best to let it go now and focus on the actual announcement...it was just surprising i guess heh.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Castlevania has such a rich history and this is the best they can do? I'm really baffled at this collection.

At least Rondo of Blood is part of it. What an amazing game.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
Hope it included more feature than just port. more line what X legacy collection do. Rookie mode, More challenge mode. But we will see.

This is perfect opportunity to release compilation collection (classic one + wiiware one + gba) with the hype of Castlevnia Netflix and they ruined it.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
It's not. It's based on the TG16/PS1 originals, as confirmed by the PS blog.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...sics-exclusively-to-playstation-4-next-month/

I'm guessing it's using the EN vocal track from the PSP version though, since the original was JP exclusive.

The originals were on the PSP version too. At no point their wording indicates they're emulating the original PS1/TG16 titles but the original games. Which means it's emulation and not a port. Emulation of what, we don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.