• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Really dissapointed it's just the PS1 SOTN version. That means no extra Saturn areas and music and no playable Maria from the PSP Remaster.

So weird when they make these choices.
Would have been nice to get those extra things in (doubt licensing is an issue?).

Will pick up regardless.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Cool to see that they are going to have 4k support and a platinum

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
psp localization?
i also wish an HD version of the remake was included too, i enjoyed it. just a res bump would have been enough.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Suggestion: maybe you guys can also post the pics of the collection here, it's in the website. :)

Hey Ultros, about the last thread, someone noticed Alucard portrait in dialogues is equal to PSP version, the iconic voice acting may not be in this (It's kind a bummer, HAM lines all the way!!!).

But it's confirm that Maria is payable.

Day 0 for me now!!! :D

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
I think there's a genuine discussion to be had about how stupid it is to make the re-release of 20 something years old games exclusive but I'll refrain.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why they don't have psp games for sale on psn. Is it because if fucking trophies?

I guess so. Maybe because they also dont want people to ask about the PSP games they own digitally. This way, they dont need to provide support.
Sony has PS2 and PSP emulators which means people have a mean to play their PS2 classics bought on PS3 , PS2 dvds and PSP digital purchases.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I think it's refering to either the 3D background of SOTN or the backgrounds on the sides because the games are running at their original resolution resolution and aspect ratio.
the only 3D polygonal backgrounds i can remember in SOTN are the chapel room with the sword and also Castle Keep right outside where you fought Dracula in the Prologue (that Clock Tower is 3D). Other than that, those floating books in the library are polygonal too.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I think there's a genuine discussion to be had about how stupid it is to make the re-release of 20 something years old games exclusive but I'll refrain.

It's not stupid since it's not a rerelease. How do you release something that seems to run on the official PSP emulator for PS4 elsewhere ?

1_smith

Oct 25, 2017
Reposting the my post from the last thread with evidence I found that leads me to believe SoTN (and likely Rondo too) are both the same ports from the PSP DXC game:

So while the dialogue of the Librarian scene is the same in both PS1 and PSP, the formatting of the text is different and Requiem's looks like the PSP version.

Yep here is the psp version looks almost identical, even the background is the same.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
So weird when they make these choices.
Would have been nice to get those extra things in (doubt licensing is an issue?).

Will pick up regardless.

As someone that played Saturn version, the new content is nice but the quality is not as same as the classic version.

Imo the only two things that worth in Saturn version is Maria Boss Battle (She's really more challenging and her boss soundtrack Guardian is incredible) and her playable broken/overpowered version that shoots beams like Megaman.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
20 bucks? Yeah I'm in for that, but probably not on release day. Since you know, RDR2. Definitely looking like a good pick up in November though since there's not much else that month for me.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems to be though. It's the same background artworks. It seems to also be based on the PSP version according to the character portraits orientations.
if it was the psp iso running in an emulator it would also have the 3D remake, and have sotn and rondo be locked at the beginning. this clearly isn't the psp game emulated, there's more work involved.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Very interesting if it truly is exclusive due to them being psp emulated. I do believe they are straight up the psp versions of these games after seeing the screenshots.
For me any re-release of Rondo is worth it, I'd buy Rondo alone for $20 easily. Especially the DXC version of Rondo since it's properly localized.

Oct 27, 2017
if it was the psp iso running in an emulator it would also have the 3D remake, and have sotn and rondo be locked at the beginning. this clearly isn't the psp game emulated, there's more work involved.
It is possible they reworked the ISO like Patapon or Parappa.

It is clear they can change assets and stuff so it is possible they changed the menu to let you play the games without finding them in the remake since they removed it.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
SOTN is one of my favourite ever games and I've never played Rondo so I'm pretty happy with this release.

Sp1

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
PSP translation > OG. Don't care for anyone's nostalgia for crappy voice work, I also played Shenmue without the english voices.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

How isnt it the psp game ?
Same backgrounds, same portraits. So far, it seems to indicate PSP versions being used here.

And? The Megaman Legacy Collections uses NES roms even on PS4 and Xbox One.

And it required more efforts as to make an actual NES emulator. Do you see the difference ?
Capcom hired a company to make or use a NES emulator (a really old platform) to run on multiple platforms.
Konami used the official PSP emulator which already existed on PS4 to release PSP versions of a game that already exist.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Aw dang it it's the PS1 SOTN. I was really hoping it was the PSP one. I'll have to think about purchasing this some more.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's with the video having a cropped top and bottom?

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is possible they reworked the ISO like Patapon or Parappa.

It is clear they can change assets and stuff so it is possible they changed the menu to let you play the games without finding them in the remake since they removed it.
that may be true, i'm just saying these being originally on PSP didn't mean they couldn't have been on other platforms. we have NES games on xbo/ps4, ps2 games on switch, ps1 games on xbo, it's not that. this is just exclusive cuz they wanted it to be.