• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In all seriousness, Saturn SOTN extras would be nice, voice options, soundtrack options (and it better be uncompressed), would all be good. But for $20, I'll take standard perfect ports.

Although scanlines are a deal breaker, they must be in there.

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh 20% off for ps+??? Bought day.. now I am pre ordering this right now can't wait for it to unlock.

Deleted member 19739

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to finally have confirmation! SOTN is my all time favorite game! I can finally play it on a modern console, although I wish Konami put more effort into this collection. Also, it is amusing that it is exclusive to PS4. I am not sure if it has to do with it running on a PSP emulator, maybe?

Does this mean the rumor is true and the Switch is still getting that brand new game?

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
PS4 exclusive and releasing on the same day as Red Dead 2, for $20

Why does Konami hate this IP so much lmfao

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Ooooh neat. Assuming there's a platinum trophy I might actually be encouraged to finish Symphony of the Night finally.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Same day release as Castlevania season 2 on Netflix? I see what you did there, Konami.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS4 exclusive and releasing on the same day as Red Dead 2, for $20

Why does Konami hate this IP so much lmfao

PS4 is by far the most popular console around, and not everyone is interested in cowboy stories. I'm not touching RDR but I'm day one for Castlevania. It's the perfect release date, an antidote to Rockstars mainstream microtransaction fest.

And at a cheap price. Your stance is baffling.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Im stokes about this. Actually missed out on Sumphony of the Night, and challenging me for a platinum trophy. Sign me the fuck up.

The last time someone said the plat would be hard, it turned out to be like a 2/10 20 hours lol (No Man's Sky, Sean Murray said it would be tough live on E3 stage)

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I wanted: a physical copy, both Rondos, and SotN's original dialogue. I should have known better than to get my hopes up. Oh, Konami. Fuck me, is that price amazing though! I'll see how long I can hold out.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Due to time restraints on gaming for me and my overall general lack of motivation, it does help. Had this happened five years ago I would have blazed through it before it released... somehow.
But if your time is constrained wouldn't simply finishing the game take a lot less time than seeking the Plat? Unless by finish you meant totally finish as in 100% the game lol.

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't played Symphony Of The Night but I know the status it has well enough.
But hot dang Rhondo Of blood is the shit.
That game is sooooo good.
BTW did the Saturn version ever get ported or its extras added to any re-release?
Oh and while the Snes version isn't as good as the original version its still really good.
Except for speedo satan....that dude can go back to hell.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Thought it would be the PSP version of SOTN, since its not I have no reason to purchase as I could just fire up my 360 or dig out my PS1 to play it again.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seperate trophy list?

There should be a bingo card every time these re-releases get announced. So far we have "it's too expensive", "cheap and lazy", "perfect for Switch", "physical", what else am I missing?

Anyway I'm pretty happy Symphony of the Night is on modern platforms as god intended. Rondo is a nice bonus though.
Seems like fair criticisms though

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played Symphony Of The Night but I know the status it has well enough.
But hot dang Rhondo Of blood is the shit.
That game is sooooo good.
BTW did the Saturn version ever get ported or its extras added to any re-release?
Oh and while the Snes version isn't as good as the original version its still really good.
Except for speedo satan....that dude can go back to hell.

The Saturn version of Symphony? Not really. They did add a Maria Mode to the PSP version but it wasn't the same as the Saturn's. She had a different moveset entirely. And the new areas exclusive to the Saturn version I believe are still stuck there.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Never, in fact with Dracula X Chronicles instead of incorporating those Saturn features like playable Maria like a bunch of fans were asking them to do, Iga and team made their own (inferior imo) version of the character exclusively for that game, without having the new areas, items and music from the Saturn release.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't need another copy of SotN but it'll be hard to resist Rondo. Here's hoping it's a nice, polished release.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
A shame it's not coming to PC, but that 20% PS+ discount for pre-ordering makes the sting easier. Will get it and save it for the Christmas holidays.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
I really hope it's the psp version of SoTN.

It's the worst version, translation aside.

The pixel scaling is all jacked up. During gameplay the screen is stretched to nearly 16x9 widescreen with no way to change it. The pause menu and title screen are the proper aspect ratio (or close to it).

I'm going to assume it's going to be that messed up PSP version, as that would be par for the course with these kinds of releases. These publishers don't give a fuck, most recent example being the Belt Action Collection with no scaling or filtering options.