• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
YouTube trailer is now up.

Made some .gifs

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

In short, <3 Sypha so much

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sypha lookin' great, hope this trailer is indicative of how much screen time she gets

OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really want a 16:9 version so there can be gifs of Sypha's icebending/sliding.
I love that this season is looking slightly more action-adventure than the last. I enjoyed S2 a lot, but IDK if Vampire politics can be as interesting without daddy Dracula himself

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
EDIT: I was wrong here lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll ever move on to one of the other Belmonts or just stay with Trevor.

Symphony of The Night is too big of a deal to NOT adapt. I assume and hope this is the last season with Trevor. As for what they do between this and SoTN? I hope they cover Simon and give Richter some proper showcasing too before his cameo presence in SoTN.

PMS341

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if they'll ever move on to one of the other Belmonts or just stay with Trevor.

In terms of game canon, it would be a while. They are setting up for Curse of Darkness-era plotlines I imagine. Simon would probably be the next one who makes sense, though it would be hundreds of years later.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Helllllllllllllllllllllllll fucking yeah!

They're totally going to bring back Dracula for the greater good or some shit so he can control all the evil losers running around in his absence.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Looking good. I'm guessing there will be a clash between Camilla locking down an entire region to use as a blood farm and Isaac trying to destroy humanity altogether with Trevor and Sypha caught in the middle.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Oh yes, I'm so in :)
Really looking forward to where they move next, but I swear to God if this gets canceled before they reach SotN I'm gonna cry.
Also please more game music. Thank you.

OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like this will take some cues from Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (PS2, X-Box). Makes sense considering that Hector is the main character with Isaac and Trevor also having prominent roles in that game.

Hopefully this is Trevor's last season so we can pave the way for a new story with new Belmonts.

This trailer gives the vibe that Hector will be taking a backseat this season, So I'm curious as to how much from Curse of Darkness they'll actually take.

Curious, Hector is the one character I feel they directly adapted the original design as closely as possible

hector_4.png
latest
th

Sypha, Dracula, and Alucard certainly look like their game counterparts, but the designs themselves seem new and updated. Trevor Belmont looks way better in this show than he ever has anywhere else, and should be the standard baseline for him going forward.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Still a lot of made up monsters in that trailer, but cool they are still slipping in regular Castlevania monsters like the Malachi at 1:29. Big draw for me with those games was always the monster designs and music so the more they put in the better.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Woo time to see which version of the trailer they went with

We aren't actually--

Frederator doesn't actually do the animation for a lot of their shows afaik. Castlevania's is handled by Powerhouse Animation.
You are correct :)

Very little *animation* is done in the states anymore. Writing, boarding, designs, layouts, timing, editing, VA work etc is usually done here at the studios, but the actual animation is usually done overseas unless there's something very specific a director or team wants to do themselves. Edit: For television anyway, some feature stuff is still done here like Disney movies.

PMS341

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You are correct :)

Very little *animation* is done in the states anymore. Writing, boarding, designs, layouts, timing, editing, VA work etc is usually done here at the studios, but the actual animation is usually done overseas unless there's something very specific a director or team wants to do themselves. Edit: For television anyway, some feature stuff is still done here like Disney movies.

Thank you for the details!

OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still a lot of made up monsters in that trailer, but cool they are still slipping in regular Castlevania monsters like the Malachi at 1:29. Big draw for me with those games was always the monster designs and music so the more they put in the better.

Were there a lot of new monsters in the last two? I don't remember.

Seasons 1 and 2 had these guys in it

latest
latest
latest

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What can I say? Looks incredible.

Greatest video game adaptation still looking like it holds the crown.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Were there a lot of new monsters in the last two? I don't remember.

Seasons 1 and 2 had these guys in it

latest
latest
latest

They keep using like generic vampire beast monsters, but yeah Slogra and Gaibon along with the Cyclops boss from 3 have been in. I just want to know what I gotta do to see a skeleton throw a bone at someone.

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
Looking good. Kind of ished they kept syphas power level lower. It feels like She should be able to instantly kill anything from the powers she shown, but we'll have to waitand see how it plays out. And I still wish we'd seen more iconic monsters. I wonder if they're purposely avoiding them for som reason.

We don't know, but probably not.

You're probably right, but there's one voice in the trailer that would sound exactly like I'd want grants to sound.

For some reason, Grants absence has been unreasonable annoying me.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You're probably right, but there's one voice in the trailer that would sound exactly like I'd want grants to sound.

For some reason, Grants absence has been unreasonable annoying me.

I remember Ellis had an idea for him when he was still going to adapt CV3 as a comic, but I guess he fell out of love with the idea once it became a movie and then a TV series.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So is this not curse of Darkness? Or did they just decide to do away with Hector being the protagonist to give the audience more Trevor and Sypha? I'm thinking this specific trailer is Trevor/Sypha focused for initial impressions, and will be more Hector-focused on actual release or latter trailers.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
This trailer gives the vibe that Hector will be taking a backseat this season, So I'm curious as to how much from Curse of Darkness they'll actually take.

Curious, Hector is the one character I feel they directly adapted the original design as closely as possible

hector_4.png
latest
th

Sypha, Dracula, and Alucard certainly look like their game counterparts, but the designs themselves seem new and updated. Trevor Belmont looks way better in this show than he ever has anywhere else, and should be the standard baseline for him going forward.
I doubt that they would make such a mistake after all the time they spent in Season 2 setting him up to be an eventual hero.

They made a point to show us his forge master skills and spent a lot of time on dialogue scenes between him and his team, setting up a conflict with Isaac.

The trailer shows him locked in a cage? I expect he'll break out and be a major player. Maybe I'm giving the show too much credit but all that build up in Season 2 felt very deliberate. His role is not done.

OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt that they would make such a mistake after all the time they spent in Season 2 setting him up to be an eventual hero.

They made a point to show us his forge master skills and spent a lot of time on dialogue scenes between him and his team, setting up a conflict with Isaac.

The trailer shows him locked in a cage? I expect he'll break out and be a major player. Maybe I'm giving the show too much credit but all that build up in Season 2 felt very deliberate. His role is not done.

I hope you're right.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is Alucard a minor part of the new season? He didn't seem that prominent in the trailers unlike Trevor and Sypha.