• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So is this not curse of Darkness? Or did they just decide to do away with Hector being the protagonist to give the audience more Trevor and Sypha? I'm thinking this specific trailer is Trevor/Sypha focused for initial impressions, and will be more Hector-focused on actual release or latter trailers.

They'll probably split the arc between Trev and Hector overall. They barely even covered Hector and Isaac at all in prerelease media for S2 and they played a pretty big role.

Is Alucard a minor part of the new season? He didn't seem that prominent in the trailers unlike Trevor and Sypha.

He's kinda gotta hang out in the castle and make sure nobody steals its power. So yeah, expect his loneliness to be a subplot rather than a driving focus. At least until Richter's arc starts.

Oct 25, 2017
Yo that cool Japanese female vampire is back somehow
latest

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looking good. Can't wait for more. Here's hoping Netflix keeps the show going so we can get future storylines as well.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't watched the show at all yet (which I know is a crime).

But if I'm understanding this right, Hector has stayed with Dracula's remaining brood/lieutenants, and Isaac went off? Isn't that completely the opposite of Curse of Darkness?

I hope that's not a permanent change, as Hector basically taking the exact opposite choices of Dracula after the same things happen to him is one of the reasons why I enjoyed his story as a protagonist in CoD.

OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

But if I'm understanding this right, Hector has stayed with Dracula's remaining brood/lieutenants, and Isaac went off? Isn't that completely the opposite of Curse of Darkness?

I hope that's not a permanent change, as Hector basically taking the exact opposite choices of Dracula after the same things happen to him is one of the reasons why I enjoyed his story as a protagonist in CoD.

Hector is not really choosing to hang out with the Vampire gang.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15

They change a lot of stuff. Still amazing and worth watching though.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Has Trev used holy water yet? I can't remember. He's used knives and the cross at least.

OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if Mega Man or Castlevania were my first music loves, but it was certainly close (even the non VRC6 version is awesome).

to be honest, I prefer a lot of the NES versions to the VRC6 stuff. They are a lot punchier and clearer sounding, I just post the VRC6 ones to avoid people complaining at me

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
They're not really hiding the cosmic theme with some of those monster designs. It seems very much this is the season that deviates the most from the games.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
to be honest, I prefer a lot of the NES versions to the VRC6 stuff. They are a lot punchier and clearer sounding, I just post the VRC6 ones to avoid people complaining at me

I do still enjoy the non-JP version, but you certainly can feel where the extra sound channels got cut out. A mashup with the regulars square wave limitations but with the added sound channels would certainly be interesting.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The closest I can think of was Legion's design and maybe...

Saint Germain if you consider time travel to be cosmic.

Yeah, Legion's design was definitely VERY Lovecraftian (especially its final form...).

Also...

Don't forget about fighting Dracula in the Death Dimension.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if they can match the last episode of season two because that was just perfect, but that looks way better than I thought it would.

In theory they could hold their own against Dracula so I would imagine that the lower vampires shouldn't be much of a problem but lets see what happens.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know if they can match the last episode of season two because that was just perfect, but that looks way better than I thought it would.

In theory they could hold their own against Dracula so I would imagine that the lower vampires shouldn't be much of a problem but lets see what happens.
Eh...
They pulled their weight, but even as a three-on-one fight against a severely weakened Dracula who hadn't been feeding, they were still clearly outmatched. Alucard pulled his weight and even he wound up on the losing end of that fight. Dracula really only was defeated because he lost the will to continue after he realized he was killing his own son, allowing himself to be slain.

We'll see how things go this season...

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Ahh so excited to see where they take this!
(more game music pls)

Alucard shouldn't be in this much right?

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
why does sypha even keep trevor around, shes like the strongest character in the show or something

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cool trailer. I like how fast and loose they're playing with Castlevania lore (not that it really matters all that much, lol).

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Man that trailer is giving me some major Curse of Darkness vibes. Trevor has the darker clothing and now has the scar. Besides that we also clearly see him utilizing an Item Crash, which is VERY CoD as Trevor is the only pre Richter Belmont to utilize em. Finally I think Isaac is preparing to become the master of the Castle in some scenes cause that looked a lot like the Death Dimension, its a curious thing that hellscape. Beyond that interesting that they are introducing a full on Vampiric War after Dracula's Death considering in game its considered he was still the leader during it, probably setting up for Isaac's leading role as I said.

Fun bonus round: Totally calling it that the girl Alucard is fighting is Sonia Belmont and Trevor isn't the last Belmont.