• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Resurrection of the Night: Alucard's Elegy

a1416770337_16.jpg

I found out of the existence of this album by pure chance. Apparently there was a kickstarter for this project in 2017 and they released it a few weeks ago. I gotta say this is absolutely extraordinary work. The production quality is top notch, as professional as any official material, and the arrangements are genuinely beautiful, haunting and just truly fantastic. The pieces are sometimes quite involved mixing different themes together.

An all-new musical journey through Symphony of the Night's iconic soundtrack crowfunded to include live performers and choir courtesy of Materia Collective!

Materia Collective is pleased to announce the release of Resurrection of the Night: Alucard's Elegy. Thanks to a successful Kickstarter campaign to fund live choir sessions and other live performers, Alucard's Elegy breathes new life into what amounts to the upside-down castle companion to 2017's original Resurrection of the Night album. Fan-favorite tracks including the serene "Lost Painting," soulful "Wandering Ghosts," and series tradition, "Bloody Tears," are featured alongside ten other selections. The project is arranged and produced by Wayne Strange and Tim Stoney.

All of the music can be sampled for free at bandcamp:

A few tracks:

(Blood Relations)

(Black Banquet)

To me this stuff is just unbelievably good for a fan project. I don't know how much interest in this kind of stuff here, but I felt like sharing.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Not an orchestra, unfortunately (they didn't raise enough money) but the live choir really does make a difference. It's a nice album.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Not an orchestra, unfortunately (they didn't raise enough money) but the live choir really does make a difference. It's a nice album.
Oh you're correct. It still sounds really good, and I think there is some live instrumentation still.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
For the full experience alternate Finale Toccata and Lost Painting five times before playing Bloody Tears.