• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Drink of choice

• Beer (I go steady)

Votes: 200 44.9%
  • Whiskey (Classy matters)

Votes: 82 18.4%
  • Wine (I'm better than everyone and I know it)

Votes: 54 12.1%
  • Vodka (I drink as intense as I game)

Votes: 40 9.0%
  • Other

Votes: 69 15.5%

• Total voters

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'll usually have a glass of Whisky on the rocks if I'm doing something chill or with several breaks. Otherwise water.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Lol I am about to turn on Red Dead Online with whiskey. Johnnie Walker black label mixed with coke for once. I usually drink it pure. I usually drink a couple of beers though when casual gaming.

I get all fuzzy inside... (I am not an alcoholic i swear 🙇🏽‍♂️)

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Voted other since I tend to switch between whiskey, rum, or vodka depending on funds and what I'm feeling at the time. Then it's either onto raiding in XIV or playing a multiplayer game like Battlefield, CoD, or Apex lol

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whiskey, wine or beer all go well. I limit myself to 2 max on weekends now though since I usually have to wait until after 10 when the fam is asleep...right now my mother in law is with us for a few months so gaming and drinking late night in my underwear on week days isn't a good look ;)

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
Playing while smoking pot is one thing, but I don't understand drinking and playing a game.

One helps you focus and get immersed while the other gets you tipsy and makes it harder to focus.

To each their own

the_korben

Oct 27, 2017
Whiskey and adventure games, FMV games or visual novels work really well together. Right now I'm playing Steins;Gate Elite and a few nights a week I'll have one or two glasses of whiskey with it when I feel like it. Though tea works well too. ;)

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
If I drink alcohol when I game i can't concentrate and get sleepy.

coffee for me

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Playing while smoking pot is one thing, but I don't understand drinking and playing a game.

One helps you focus and get immersed while the other getses it harder to focus.

To each their own
Pot is not legal in many places.

Casual drinking is fine. Focus is not the goal. Taking the edge off is. Immersion really?

Who needs POT for focus or immersion?? I'd say that is not healthy lol.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
Usually a beer. But sometimes I'll go a whiskey on rocks. Sometimes I'll go alcohol free and have a matcha green tea or a coffee.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
Pot is not legal in many places.

Casual drinking is fine. Focus is not the goal. Taking the edge off is. Immersion really?

Who needs POT for focus or immersion?? I'd say that is not healthy lol.

Pot helps put aside stressors in life that might keep you from enjoying things, hence immersion and focus. See: *checks notes* "Taking the edge off".

Nov 25, 2017
Finland
Whisky, whiskey, scotch & bourbon. Occasional craft beers. Red wine if left from cheese nights.

I seem to ingest whisky every evening I play. Max 2cl in a glass that I sip.

Actually wrote a... err... blog? on a gaming site. About how well a new game and new beer went together with scoring and all.

Then moved to writing a blog on my own site about whiskies and cigars.

Yeah.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
If not beer, I'll mix a daiquiri or margarita (fresh limes ONLY; I'm not a barbarian). It makes Overwatch tolerable when 90% of your teammates don't have friendly health bars or kill feed enabled lol

Oct 25, 2017
A beer or cocktail and Stardew Valley are a great way to relax
Or Stardew Valley with an edible
Or Stardew Valley and anything really

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Drinking is social to me.

I don't think drinking goes that well with gaming, I kinda begin to tune out and lose interest in something that requires constant input.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Orange Juice

What? there is no mention that it has to be alcohol in the OP,

Teetotal players Unite!

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
I used to just chill out and sip wine during my super long persona 4 sessions

but I quickly learned that turn based, dialogue heavy rgps and alcohol do not mix well

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I will absolutely demolish a bottle of white wine or maybe half a bottle of vodka/whiskey if I'm playing Overwatch with my friends on any given evening. Sometimes I get better as the night goes on, sometimes I get worse. Either way, still a fun time.

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
I rarely drink when I play games. Maybe when I'm playing a slow JRPG (recently finished off an old open bottle of Kikori I had lying around while playing Chrono Cross) but booze usually makes me too slow and unfocused to pay attention and appreciate the time.

Barberetti

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Beer and whatever game I'm into at the time. No Man's Sky is currently that game. Flying spaceships while drinking is always fun.

Just about to crack one open and load up now in fact.

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
When I still played multiplayer online I would down a case of beer on a Friday night playing with pals. It was a lot of fun, although by the end of the night I was usually drunk as shit and would blow everyone up by accident once or twice. Oops!

The beer wasn't anything fancy, just Yuengling. I do not drink when I play single player games.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Beer most of the time and mostly craft IPAs and sours. Occasionally some red wine.

I've been working on cutting back though as I'd fallen into to having 3-4 beers most week nights and 4-6 on weekends and that's just too much in general and was leading to a beer gut and love handles now that I'm older and my metabolism is finally slowing some.