• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrT

Oct 27, 2017
First of all, do not kennel cats under pretty much any circumstance. They're not dogs and it will only succeed in making anxiety levels get worse.

Yeah see that was my first thought too (to be fair I thought that about crate training dogs too when I first heard of that) but strangely I've read a lot about it being used for anxious cats with great success, and it got me curious if anyone here knew anything about it.

We've tried pet remedy (valerian) and feliway but they don't seem to have much effect on her, so I've just bought some canicomplete/rescue rememdy to try next as it seems to have good reviews. Also got her booked in to the vets this weekend to check the areas she's overgroomed and see if there's anything medical going on (eg allergies).

Part of me is hoping the younger one is just young and playful and will grow out of it soon (or start to read the signals at least) but I do worry that's she's starting to do it as some sort of challenge.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had their cat put on Dasuquin by their vet?

My almost 14 year old cat is having some arthritis issues. I started it today, 2 pills opened and into his food but a few hours after he is lethargic and throwing up.

I called my vet who said not to give it to him again, watch him and he should be fine and that I could bring him in for a shot to help stop the vomiting if I wanted.

The vet said side effects are very rare but he was fine this morning. He is resting now but just looks very unhappy.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My Siberian, Grace just turned one. Love her so much :)

IMG20190810115021526.jpg

20190727103203.jpg

IMG20190809082933409.jpg

20190629090553.jpg

SirCheese

Oct 27, 2017

So an update on my newly adopted kitten Indy and resident cat Monie. They're now on supervised visitations and last night they were both allowed free range of the apartment during the night, including the bedroom. Still some hissing, growling and posturing from Monie, but they've touched noses twice so far. Here's hoping for a peaceful coexistence.

Deleted member 15447

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm covered in scratches and cuts with my 2 kittens! they will be 4 months old tomorrow!

They don't seem to be biting as much which is good. My arms are covering in scratches. Also, I've been waking up with cuts on my head so they must be running around on my bed and jumping over my face during the night lol.

I can't believe how quickly they are growing. Kirjava's fur is getting fluffier by the day. It's crazy. I'm definitely gonna need to try get her used to being brushed because it's gonna be a nightmare dealing with all that fur. Her tail is so bushy, her ears are fluffy, her whiskers are huge.

This is the most recent photo I have of them both:

2UHPlaF.jpg

Tiby is on the left and that's Kirjava lying on her back with her paws up. She loves sleeping on her back like this. So cute :)

Oh my, I love them! So cute!!!

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
this is my cat Kirjava (4 months old today) just chilling out on my lap while i'm sitting at my desk. she was watching me playing rocket league there lol. i just took this photo a couple minutes ago. she is still lying on me but she's away to sleep now.

rHwyIU8.jpg

K7WdSKM.jpg

These two pics in succession are so adorable. :)

Although you could use them in reverse for your own version of the "i sleep / real shit?" meme.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Anyone have any success stories with using a harness? Sometimes I feel kinda guilty that Jensen is cooped up in the apartment and I'd love to take him outside for fresh air.

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any success stories with using a harness? Sometimes I feel kinda guilty that Jensen is cooped up in the apartment and I'd love to take him outside for fresh air.
At the shelter my ex works at I'd often walk cats with a harness at events if it was safe to do so. You won't know if the cat likes it until you try. Just be warned that they often end up walking you.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
whats up, i have nothing meaningful to add, heres a picture of my cat, Allie.
20190813_093611.jpg

i swear she is not as fat as that perspective makes it look

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Grey tux, I like it! Our Chloe's a little bit extra different though, with her black love-heart nose. Only kitty I've found (on the internet, at least) that comes to mind is John van Ness' (of Queer Eye) kitty:

Oh, and Jake Rodkin's (of Idle Thumbs/Campo Santo) sadly late little one:

I have a memory for these things because they're so few and far between. But no less loveable than any other grey tuxedo kitty!

And I love the dark-coloured mouths of some, too (like yours). Grey mouth but white face always looks super, SUPER adorable.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
From the huge gallery linked at the OP:

Gunther, the cat we rescued near our home along his orange tabby brother:

AgdT0ym.jpg

AILjCVx.jpg

As an adult:

cbQI6b8.jpg

1QFtFX2.jpg

I think I mention it in the OP, but it's one of the ones that although eventually adopted from us, we have an extra special connection to, because he was very sick with panleukopenia as a kitten and nearly died. That was a truly harrowing experience!

Bonus: one of Tigris' sons, also adopted:

CpJvD5a.jpg

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Also update on kitty rescues: we're currently fostering / quarantining a kitty found tangled in a bush:
67951739_1206036726251417_6457694006271803392_n.jpg

67673410_1206036502918106_5475014065996693504_o.jpg

On top of that, she found and rescued another lost, starving kitty yesterday while walking back home. In other words, a Tuesday. :D

68791899_2595995870451760_2735858716891938816_n.jpg

67870916_2595995923785088_8628441555083984896_n.jpg

This last one went to a different foster home this morning since quarantining two different kitties separate from our cats AND from each other is beyond our long-term logistic capabilities. :D

Last edited:

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also update on kitty rescues: we're currently fostering / quarantining a kitty found tangled in a bush:

On top of that, she found and rescued another lost, starving kitty yesterday while walking back home. In other words, a Tuesday. :D

This last one went to a different foster home this morning since quarantining two different kitties separate from our cats AND from each other is beyond our long-term logistic capabilities. :D
Beautiful kitties.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

OMG so fuxking cute!

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Cute pictures and great advice make this one of the best threads.

Any thoughts on what to do with cats when going on vacation? I left her at home when I went to visit my mom for 4 days (somebody checked on her every day, but other than that she was completely alone). When I came back her voice was half gone and she absolutely wont leave my side for even a minute... making me think she was probably pretty miserable.

Now my father wants me to come visit him for five days and I'm kind of anxious about leaving our cat "alone" at home for that time (even if someone would check in on them daily).

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Cute pictures and great advice make this one of the best threads.

Any thoughts on what to do with cats when going on vacation? I left her at home when I went to visit my mom for 4 days (somebody checked on her every day, but other than that she was completely alone). When I came back her voice was half gone and she absolutely wont leave my side for even a minute... making me think she was probably pretty miserable.

Now my father wants me to come visit him for five days and I'm kind of anxious about leaving our cat "alone" at home for that time (even if someone would check in on them daily).

Cats are going to be bored if alone, that's kind of a fact of life. If it's only for a few days, and someone is checking on them, then it's manageable, although it's probably going to be somewhat traumatic the first time, as they don't know what's going on.

There are no magic solutions: you can either have someone spend more time with them, ask for someone to take them to their own home in the meantime (which depends on how the cat will adapt to that, and sometimes it can make it worse), or take it with you. The alternative is to get another cat, which will make her less lonely not just during vacation but anytime you're not home, but of course that's kind of a big decision.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Thinking of tracking down a little foam disc launcher next time I'm in the toy section of a store, thinking it might be a fun cat chase toy for Jensen.

My first idea was a knockoff nerf gun but I'm afraid those are gonna be too fast and not have a good enough airtime.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Honestly you should order it online, that way if the cat doesn't like the toy they can always enjoy the cardboard box 📦

Unrelated: I'm amazed at how clean my cat looks at all times. She may even smell slightly like coconut.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little worried about my younger cat. They're both indoor and last night we noticed she was sneezing some during the usual snuggles. I've seen both cats occasionally sneeze before and didn't think anything of it, but then I saw her doing it this morning and twitching weirdly. There was evidence that a cat vomited while we were asleep, and while neither my wife nor I saw it, we think the younger cat did it. It was mostly solid hairball. Then we fed them and usually both cats rush at their food, but the younger cat sniffed it and walked away, and the bigger cat kept trying to steal it (the bigger cat doing that is normal for him). We locked her in a bathroom with her food to see if she would eat. She wouldn't eat. So I called the vet and they could get me an appointment in a few hours.

The thing that worries me is the last time something like this happened to her, she vomited like 7 times in a row and it was all liquid (seemingly her food), so we took her to the vet that time immediately. It turned out that she swallowed a little rubber band that held a Razer mouse cable that she dug out of a trash bag, and she almost passed it on her own, but it had to be removed via surgery. Right now she's sitting on the desk next to me seemingly normal, I haven't heard any sneezes or anything for about 30 min or so now. I'm consider giving her some treats to see if she'll eat them. She's sitting on my desk next to my hand actually just kind of looking around, seemingly normal otherwise.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I'm a little worried about my younger cat. They're both indoor and last night we noticed she was sneezing some during the usual snuggles. I've seen both cats occasionally sneeze before and didn't think anything of it, but then I saw her doing it this morning and twitching weirdly. There was evidence that a cat vomited while we were asleep, and while neither my wife nor I saw it, we think the younger cat did it. It was mostly solid hairball. Then we fed them and usually both cats rush at their food, but the younger cat sniffed it and walked away, and the bigger cat kept trying to steal it (the bigger cat doing that is normal for him). We locked her in a bathroom with her food to see if she would eat. She wouldn't eat. So I called the vet and they could get me an appointment in a few hours.

The thing that worries me is the last time something like this happened to her, she vomited like 7 times in a row and it was all liquid (seemingly her food), so we took her to the vet that time immediately. It turned out that she swallowed a little rubber band that held a Razer mouse cable that she dug out of a trash bag, and she almost passed it on her own, but it had to be removed via surgery. Right now she's sitting on the desk next to me seemingly normal, I haven't heard any sneezes or anything for about 30 min or so now. I'm consider giving her some treats to see if she'll eat them. She's sitting on my desk next to my hand actually just kind of looking around, seemingly normal otherwise.

Let's see what the vet says. In general be wary of trusting cats "being normal", they are very good at hiding disconfort.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Jensen got his collar stuck in his mouth this morning while I was getting ready for work and that was frankly terrifying because I had no idea what was happening at first. I left it off while I'm at work for the day and I'll have to tighten it up a bit to try to prevent that happening in the future.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Jensen got his collar stuck in his mouth this morning while I was getting ready for work and that was frankly terrifying because I had no idea what was happening at first. I left it off while I'm at work for the day and I'll have to tighten it up a bit to try to prevent that happening in the future.

I'm sure tightening a length of leather or plastic around your cat's neck will prevent the possibility of any and all accidents in the future with no possible conceivable downsides, but please consider removing it altogether like every cat expert in this thread has been repeatedly saying.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I'm sure tightening a length of leather or plastic around your cat's neck will prevent the possibility of any and all accidents in the future with no possible conceivable downsides, but please consider removing it altogether like every cat expert in this thread has been repeatedly saying.

The collar is breakaway and if I wasn't there he likely would have gotten it off himself, but I'd much rather the collar with attached tag be there in case he manages to get out of the apartment someday.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The collar is breakaway and if I wasn't there he likely would have gotten it off himself, but I'd much rather the collar with attached tag be there in case he manages to get out of the apartment someday.

If he's chipped, a collar would only make a difference in the scenario overlap that is 1) he escapes, 2) the collar doesn't get detached in the meantime, 3) he gets by long enough to be rescued by someone, and 4) that someone would pay mind to a tag's address but would not bother scanning for a chip. This is a far less likely scenario than the collar causing disconfort, sores, allergies, itches or suffocation (frankly, "escaping" should be made as unlikely a scenario to begin with as possible, because getting run over by a car is a likely possibility after that, collar or no collar).

But, well, it's your cat. You do you.

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Jugg and my other cat BC had been more aloof than normal over the past couple weeks. BC started gaining weight in her abdomen to an alarming degree. Jugg meanwhile had been very, very lethargic and I hadn't seen him eat since Sunday. I took both to the vet, one at a time, starting with BC. After doing bloodwork they estimated that she either has FIP or is in the early stages of congestive heart failure. That mass in her belly was all fluid. They drained some and offered to do more tests but I was already over budget and took her home. If it's either of those then there's nothing you can do anyway except make her comfortable.

I took Jugg an hour later. After doing a blood test he quickly came back as FeLV positive (he was negative according to his records prior to me adopting him in March) and he has late stage blood cancer. The vet estimated that he has probably a week to live. Afterwards, the vet tested BC's blood and found that she is also FeLV positive, though not nearly as far along as Jugg.

I'm going to take the weekend and spend it with them. After losing Hungry, my previous orange tabby of 12 years, last November, I had really hoped that Jugg would fill that void (if only a little) and that he would be a good influence on BC in her later years. Now I'm about to lose them both.

I love my kids so much.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
My Siberian, Grace just turned one. Love her so much :)
20190727103203.jpg
She's a beauty. Purebred I presume?
I haven't met a lot of purebred cats. Shelters always have the choice of domestic shorthair or domestic longhair. You just don't see a lot of cats that aren't some sort of mix breed.
That's what's good about Youtube. You get to see purebreds that you don't normally see. I find the exotic breeds fascinating. Oriental shorthairs, Devon Rex, Sphynx. They can be some odd looking critters. There's a great channel called "The Dark Lord" where they have fun with their creepy little Sphynx. He's great.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Jugg and my other cat BC had been more aloof than normal over the past couple weeks. BC started gaining weight in her abdomen to an alarming degree. Jugg meanwhile had been very, very lethargic and I hadn't seen him eat since Sunday. I took both to the vet, one at a time, starting with BC. After doing bloodwork they estimated that she either has FIP or is in the early stages of congestive heart failure. That mass in her belly was all fluid. They drained some and offered to do more tests but I was already over budget and took her home. If it's either of those then there's nothing you can do anyway except make her comfortable.

I took Jugg an hour later. After doing a blood test he quickly came back as FeLV positive (he was negative according to his records prior to me adopting him in March) and he has late stage blood cancer. The vet estimated that he has probably a week to live. Afterwards, the vet tested BC's blood and found that she is also FeLV positive, though not nearly as far along as Jugg.

I'm going to take the weekend and spend it with them. After losing Hungry, my previous orange tabby of 12 years, last November, I had really hoped that Jugg would fill that void (if only a little) and that he would be a good influence on BC in her later years. Now I'm about to lose them both.

I love my kids so much.

I'm so, so very sorry to hear about that. It feels so unfair for you to have such bad luck. :(

Probably the last thing in your mind right now, but eventually you might want to investigate what the hell happened with Jugg's leukemia tests. If the shelter is giving away cats with wrong or outdated tests, that's something other owners should know.

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm so, so very sorry to hear about that. It feels so unfair for you to have such bad luck. :(

Probably the last thing in your mind right now, but eventually you might want to investigate what the hell happened with Jugg's leukemia tests. If the shelter is giving away cats with wrong or outdated tests, that's something other owners should know.

The adoption agency I got Jugg from offered to provide their services for free to see if they can do anything for him. If I think he's up to it I'm going to take him there in the morning.

I asked about Jugg's medical history and the doctor indicated that the "FeLV/FIV snap" test that is commonly used came back negative but that it was possible that the virus hadn't incubated enough to appear on the tests. She added that he wasn't given the FeLV vaccine since he had tested negative and that the vaccine could actually cause cancer.

I just wish there was something I could do beyond try to make them comfortable. I've been crying off and on all evening thinking that, every time I walk into my bedroom and see him laying on my bed, the next time I would go to give him attention, Jugg could be gone. He's been such a wonderful cat and he doesn't deserve this.

I feel terrible about keeping him around while he's suffering but I'm also so scared of the thought of euthanizing him and ending his life. That's what I did with Hungry when she was diagnosed with renal failure last year: I got to spend about 6 weeks with her but in that time she grew weaker and skinnier and I know she was hurting. One morning I found her hiding behind the toilet of my bathroom and I knew that this was it. I bundled her up in a blanket and we spent her last few hours together on the couch. I can't get out of my mind her eyes, looking at me while she was leaving, I can't help but feel like a monster for keeping her like that. I don't get the luxury of having that much time with Jugg and I want to do right by him but it hurts so much to think about seeing him die because I ordered a doctor to end his life.

I'm going to go to bed and spend the night with him.

Deleted member 15447

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She's a beauty. Purebred I presume?
I haven't met a lot of purebred cats.

Yep :)

The breeder was lovely, she let me into her home to see the various litters and I met my cats parents. So good to see a loving, caring breeder with a great environment for the cats.

My girl may have been the runt in terms of size. She is a lot smaller than Siberian cats usually are, especially given her parents were huge.

Not that it bothers me, she is perfect!

It was either a Siberian or a Maine Coon but I couldn't find any local breeders of the latter.

My cat is indoors only and she loves it. Never tried to escape, sits calmly on the internal staircase watching as I enter and leave. And in the year I've had her, has never once made a mess outside of her litter box. I'm very lucky.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The adoption agency I got Jugg from offered to provide their services for free to see if they can do anything for him. If I think he's up to it I'm going to take him there in the morning.

I asked about Jugg's medical history and the doctor indicated that the "FeLV/FIV snap" test that is commonly used came back negative but that it was possible that the virus hadn't incubated enough to appear on the tests. She added that he wasn't given the FeLV vaccine since he had tested negative and that the vaccine could actually cause cancer.

I just wish there was something I could do beyond try to make them comfortable. I've been crying off and on all evening thinking that, every time I walk into my bedroom and see him laying on my bed, the next time I would go to give him attention, Jugg could be gone. He's been such a wonderful cat and he doesn't deserve this.

I feel terrible about keeping him around while he's suffering but I'm also so scared of the thought of euthanizing him and ending his life. That's what I did with Hungry when she was diagnosed with renal failure last year: I got to spend about 6 weeks with her but in that time she grew weaker and skinnier and I know she was hurting. One morning I found her hiding behind the toilet of my bathroom and I knew that this was it. I bundled her up in a blanket and we spent her last few hours together on the couch. I can't get out of my mind her eyes, looking at me while she was leaving, I can't help but feel like a monster for keeping her like that. I don't get the luxury of having that much time with Jugg and I want to do right by him but it hurts so much to think about seeing him die because I ordered a doctor to end his life.

This is such a tragedy, and I'm heartbroken for you. I wish I could do something to help other than saying you have my full moral support. :( There's unfortunately no outcome that's going to feel right or guiltless, but if they're unequivocally suffering and beyond any possible recovery, you know euthanizing them is the right choice, because you're doing it out of selfless love for them.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
If he's chipped, a collar would only make a difference in the scenario overlap that is 1) he escapes, 2) the collar doesn't get detached in the meantime, 3) he gets by long enough to be rescued by someone, and 4) that someone would pay mind to a tag's address but would not bother scanning for a chip. This is a far less likely scenario than the collar causing disconfort, sores, allergies, itches or suffocation (frankly, "escaping" should be made as unlikely a scenario to begin with as possible, because getting run over by a car is a likely possibility after that, collar or no collar).

But, well, it's your cat. You do you.
Also the possibility of starving or being victim to predators, if he's lost and the collar is making any noise. I don't recall seeing a bell there, so that's good, however a growing animal with a tight thing around its neck is very dangerous, if he gets lost and isn't rescued quickly. [ maximumzero ] Love seeing the pics btw.

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

That is horrible news, for your cats and yourself. It's so unfortunate. I just looked it up and the FeLV vaccine is highly recommend for outdoor cats but not a core vaccine for indoor cats. It sounds from your description like one of them apparently passed the test while having it, which doesn't seem to make much sense, and it has then spread to your other cat. I know you have larger priorities right now, but I'd definitely want answers in your situation.

Easy for me to say, but you know the right thing to do when the time comes. It's not about ending their life, it's about saving their pain. You know how good cats are at hiding pain, so if they're obviously suffering you know it's bad. You have to do what's best for them, not for you.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
The breeder was lovely, she let me into her home to see the various litters and I met my cats parents. So good to see a loving, caring breeder with a great environment for the cats.
A reputable, registered breeder is a great place to get a pet. You know what you are getting when the parent's history is available and you can see their environment. You know their early years, health, and socialization are proper. Good breeders unfortunately get associated with bad breeders. Bad dog breeders are especially bad. Puppy mills should be heavily fined. They are terrible and all sorts of behavioral and health problems result from puppy mills. I don't think kitty mills are as plentiful as puppy mills.

You should never get a pet from a pet store either. Most likely they are getting stocked from bad breeders.

Not that there's anything wrong with shelters and rescue centers. Unfortunately there are plenty of pets who desperately need homes and shelters do a great job. Getting a purebred from a registered breeder just ensures you're getting a great pet.

MrT

Oct 27, 2017
A reputable, registered breeder is a great place to get a pet.

Probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I think it's completely irresponible for anyone to be breeding cats (or dogs for that matter) when shelters all over the world are bursting at the seams with dicarded/unwanted pets and so many are being killed through no fault of their own every single day. Not so much with cats but there are also "registered", "reputable" breeders who breed designer breeds with basically horrible mutations and inherent health problems just beacuse people deem them to look cute, but that's ok because they're a registered breed :(

I've now owned 2 dogs and 4 cats and have never "bought" any of them beyond giving a donation to the rescue they came from (nor will I ever buy a pet), and have all been amazing. I've also fostered a whole bunch of cats while they waited for adoption. I wouldn't have it any other way. I do get the desire to have your "favourite" breed and going to a breeder is the easiest way to get one, but I just don't agree with it. I love beagles, but I would only ever get one if it was from a rescue.

Sorry, rant over. It just really winds me up knowing how many animals are already out there needing homes, and some people keep bringing more in to the world for a paycheck.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I think it's completely irresponible for anyone to be breeding cats (or dogs for that matter) when shelters all over the world are bursting at the seams with dicarded/unwanted pets and so many are being killed through no fault of their own every single day. Not so much with cats but there are also "registered", "reputable" breeders who breed designer breeds with basically horrible mutations and inherent health problems just beacuse people deem them to look cute, but that's ok because they're a registered breed :(

I've now owned 2 dogs and 4 cats and have never "bought" any of them beyond giving a donation to the rescue they came from (nor will I ever buy a pet), and have all been amazing. I've also fostered a whole bunch of cats while they waited for adoption. I wouldn't have it any other way. I do get the desire to have your "favourite" breed and going to a breeder is the easiest way to get one, but I just don't agree with it. I love beagles, but I would only ever get one if it was from a rescue.

Sorry, rant over. It just really winds me up knowing how many animals are already out there needing homes, and some people keep bringing more in to the world for a paycheck.

Personally, I fully agree. I don't want to shame people for buying a pedigree cat, but even the best breeder is directly taking away potential adopters while both pedigree and non-pedigree cats languish in shelters or pounds. And most breeders simply don't have their animals in optimal conditions; the very fact that females are constantly breeding is extremely taxing for them.

Also, thank you so much for fostering cats. People like you are literal lifesavers. :)

MrT

Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I fully agree. I don't want to shame people for buying a pedigree cat, but even the best breeder is directly taking away potential adopters while both pedigree and non-pedigree cats languish in shelters or pounds.

Also thank you so much for fostering cats. People like you are literal lifesavers. :)
Oh absolutely, I wouldn't call anyone out or think less of them for it, I just find it really sad and it's something I would never do.

Kerrick

Oct 28, 2017
About to join the cat club and I have a couple of questions.
I'm moving into a new apartment with my 1 year old dog and will be picking up a 1 year old female cat that lives on the street which my friend takes care of. He says she's extremely lazy and cuddly so that's perfect for me.

I'm mostly afraid of her having to adapt to this new place and to the dog. Any tips I need to know?
Also, do I need to do anything besides neutering and vaccinating?

Here's some pics, sorry for the terrible quality but they're screenshots from a video.
Screenshot-20190819-230358-Whats-App.jpg

Screenshot-20190819-230329-Whats-App.jpg
Screenshot-20190819-230437-Whats-App.jpg

Last edited: