• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Got them a inexpensive tree off Amazon. I see why it was cheap lol

The hammock is so bad

UMkcS42_d.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you all. It's quite a shock.

One of the last pics I took, just a few days ago (I was sick with the flu all week and she'd jump on me to snuggle every day <3):

20200210_143106.jpg

I am heartbroken and numb right now. RIP poor little Arya, gone way too soon. 😭
Coming in way late, but I'm sorry for your loss. I love black cats...if you have any other pictures of her to share, if sharing helps you feel better, I'd love to see more of her.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Coming in way late, but I'm sorry for your loss. I love black cats...if you have any other pictures of her to share, if sharing helps you feel better, I'd love to see more of her.
Thank you. Still doesn't feel real tbh...

Here are some more though the quality is crap. All of those were taken while I was sick and she wanted to snuggle <3

b0eGMng.jpg

BbqtTlE.jpg

6p8389n.jpg

YVRsvkw.jpg

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
TrV6T5v.jpg

Luna's getting big.

Also, turns out Luna is a boy, whoops. He's keeping the name because fuck it really. Just weird the vet didn't correct us when he was brought in for his broken leg.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you. Still doesn't feel real tbh...

Here are some more though the quality is crap. All of those were taken while I was sick and she wanted to snuggle <3

b0eGMng.jpg

BbqtTlE.jpg

6p8389n.jpg

YVRsvkw.jpg
I just caught up and read what happened, I'm so sorry to hear you lost Arya :( It sounds a little similar to how we lost Spooky last year, she had developed a cough that we didn't think much of, and a month or two later but before we knew it we had to say goodbye :'(

Spooky was a snuggler as well, so I'm sure wherever they are, they're best of friends <3

I didn't realise it until now, but this is the last photo I took of Spooks:
oa6mnsCl.jpg

R33W6qYl.jpg

It's going to sting for a long fucking time (if not forever)... but you'll soon realise that while there'll never be another like her, there's comfort in having been lucky enough to know and love her while you could <3

Apologies if this post is basically just making it all about my situation, I just hope it helps to know you're not alone in what you're going through <3

If I may lighten the mood a little, Taika has suddenly taken to climbing on my back from his cat tree WHILE I'M CLEANING OUT HIS LITTER. Little fucker.

wfElbSvl.jpg
hf48d2Dl.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
If I may lighten the mood a little, Taika has suddenly taken to climbing on my back from his cat tree WHILE I'M CLEANING OUT HIS LITTER. Little fucker.

wfElbSvl.jpg
hf48d2Dl.jpg
That's adorable. I have an old futon standing against the wall. Osh uses it as her perch to watch over me or just sleep:
lmuRWht.jpg

j7ZcJ2U.jpg

Yes. She tore it up climbing it but I was going to toss it once spring came along anyways.

Also she still has a distinct fascination with my feet:
FxJnyb4.jpg

And yes, She's tiny. She weighs just above five pounds. The vet told she was healthy as can be so I don't have to worry about anything really.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I just caught up and read what happened, I'm so sorry to hear you lost Arya :( It sounds a little similar to how we lost Spooky last year, she had developed a cough that we didn't think much of, and a month or two later but before we knew it we had to say goodbye :'(

Spooky was a snuggler as well, so I'm sure wherever they are, they're best of friends <3

I didn't realise it until now, but this is the last photo I took of Spooks:
oa6mnsCl.jpg

R33W6qYl.jpg

It's going to sting for a long fucking time (if not forever)... but you'll soon realise that while there'll never be another like her, there's comfort in having been lucky enough to know and love her while you could <3

Apologies if this post is basically just making it all about my situation, I just hope it helps to know you're not alone in what you're going through <3

wfElbSvl.jpg
hf48d2Dl.jpg
Wow, we kinda look alike. I'm still working on filling out the beard, though.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
This picture kinda looks like I'm holding Jonesy down, but it's actually the opposite. He was getting really into the pets and was sliding off my chest. My right hand is keeping him from falling into the couch.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is a very wise move. I have too many scars from cats falling off somewhere and trying to get clawy purchase on me. :D

Adorable picture by the way. :)
Yeah, the missing right leg exacerbates the issue. He's not graceful about anything, and when he's trying to squirm his way out from that crevice it's a tornado of claws looking for something to latch onto.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
This picture kinda looks like I'm holding Jonesy down, but it's actually the opposite. He was getting really into the pets and was sliding off my chest. My right hand is keeping him from falling into the couch.
Hah, we have the same thing happen with Taika. He was super claw-y when we got him but learned pretty quickly not to use them as much. So he'll sit on my lap and slide off because he won't use his claws even just a little. Or maybe he just likes me holding him and uses it as an excuse.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
$50

hi. im ready for pictures
TWhbObq.jpg

okay. im not read yet.
f5iQvIe.jpg

we photo ready now.
8zzbB1P.jpg
These fluffy ones are never "cheap". If you have parasite problems, you can throw out the entire thing, instead of simply washing pillows.

I always advice to get those that are actually made out of wood and have removeable bedding.

A cheap alternative is the natural paradise line from zooplus. This one is a high quality product that would be worth its 120 Euro, but is often on sale for 100. https://zooplus.page.link/D2Pd

Kerbl Wandkratzbaum Dolomit XL, 185 x 115 cm: Amazon.de: Gewerbe, Industrie & Wissenschaft

Kerbl Wandkratzbaum Dolomit XL, 185 x 115 cm: Amazon.de: Gewerbe, Industrie & Wissenschaft
That does not mean there are no cheap ones on Amazon. We had gotten this one for 90 bucks, it arrived in a bit of disappointing state so we complained and got another 15 Euro off. It was an okay one for that price! All pillows are removable etc.

What i personally loved is the PetFusion. Yes its fucking expensive but well worth its money.

Last edited:

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys I had a question regarding wet food, specifically the Animonda Carny one my cats like.

My cats are ten and a half months old by now, and I had planned to switch to adult food by 12 months, but one of the two looks already a tiny bit heavier than I think he should be, while the other one looks normal. They're 4,2kg and 4,6kg. So I'm considering switching now already, because I assumed the adult food would have a bit less energy than the kitten food.

Now I read somewhere that for some brands there isnt any real difference in nutrients between kitten and adult food, and just a marketing thing. Anyone know if that applies to Carny wet food, or are there actual differences there? If not, I might need to look into cutting down the portions a little bit.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you all. It's quite a shock.

One of the last pics I took, just a few days ago (I was sick with the flu all week and she'd jump on me to snuggle every day <3):

20200210_143106.jpg

I am heartbroken and numb right now. RIP poor little Arya, gone way too soon. 😭

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Poor adorable kitty. I'm so sorry Morrigan.

Oct 26, 2017
I think our patience paid off. We had a few people interested in Rumple and Jerry as barn cats, but I was convinced they would be good house cats in time, and didn't want them back outside living in a dirty barn, getting fleas or what-have-you. Also had a few people who wanted one, but not the other, and we had to turn them away. Welp, we just had someone give us a decently firm "yes" that they want both, and they'll be coming by this week for a playdate with them.

I imagined these guys would be the easiest to give up, but I can already feel that they're going to be the toughest. I think it's because they took so much work, and to see where they are now compared to when we got them...Definitely going to miss them.

Rumple.jpg

My chair was in much, much better condition until these 2, but the chair (with a blanket draped over it) was the only place they felt comfortable in the room the first few weeks, so....it became a scratch pad too. Thankfully they've adapted to using actual scratch posts.

20200218-194549.jpg

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I think our patience paid off. We had a few people interested in Rumple and Jerry as barn cats, but I was convinced they would be good house cats in time, and didn't want them back outside living in a dirty barn, getting fleas or what-have-you. Also had a few people who wanted one, but not the other, and we had to turn them away. Welp, we just had someone give us a decently firm "yes" that they want both, and they'll be coming by this week for a playdate with them.

I imagined these guys would be the easiest to give up, but I can already feel that they're going to be the toughest. I think it's because they took so much work, and to see where they are now compared to when we got them...Definitely going to miss them.

Rumple.jpg

My chair was in much, much better condition until these 2, but the chair (with a blanket draped over it) was the only place they felt comfortable in the room the first few weeks, so....it became a scratch pad too. Thankfully they've adapted to using actual scratch posts.

20200218-194549.jpg

Wow, I never noticed, but those are some pretty hardcore ear cuts on them. Most vets just cut a bit of the tip and that's enough to tell they've been spayed, but at least in these pictures it seems like the vet chopped a good 1/4 of the ear.

Anyway, so glad they found a home! In contrast, we're going to have to get back two we gave away recently. The adopter just can't deal with them and is being frankly annoying about everything, including standing up my SO without warning when she was supposed to drive her to the vet to spay them and another cat we're fostering.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Wow, I never noticed, but those are some pretty hardcore ear cuts on them. Most vets just cut a bit of the tip and that's enough to tell they've been spayed, but at least in these pictures it seems like the vet chopped a good 1/4 of the ear.

Anyway, so glad they found a home! In contrast, we're going to have to get back two we gave away recently. The adopter just can't deal with them and is being frankly annoying about everything, including standing up my SO without warning when she was supposed to drive her to the vet to spay them and another cat we're fostering.
Oh yeah, that's a lot of ear gone. My local vet clipped a couple of outdoor cats I've looked after, and it was just a small triangular notch at the top taken. The cats here look nice but it's a shame they were done like that.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Is that a thing to indicate they were spayed? I don't think I've ever seen that with any cats I've ever seen in Australia. Seems needlessly cruel* :(

*Am aware of irony of this statement given we're discussing spaying.

SirCheese

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I didn't know that clipping ears was a thing. Both my cats have cool ear tattoos to indicate that they have been spayed/neutered.

Oct 26, 2017

This was my first experience with ear clippings, and when I first saw it, I was less than pleased. I had to be convinced why it was a good idea to do (surely there is a better way?) but what do I know....And by time I saw, it was too latr. But because I'd never seen before, I wasn't sure what a normal amount to cut was, but glad I'm not crazy in thinking they did a lot. In their "defense" at least, it was performed by vet students. Guess I should be happy they didn't lop the whole ear off....

Sorry to hear about the adopter being a pain. At least you're getting them back to make sure they get into good hands, I suppose? We always tell our adopters to contact us if it doesn't work out, and we'll gladly take them back. We have 1 foster we'll never hear from again because the adopter decided she didn't want anymore and then gave away to a friend of an acquaintance. Is it a done deal that the two are coming back, or still a chance for things to work out?

Yeah. I didn't know that clipping ears was a thing. Both my cats have cool ear tattoos to indicate that they have been spayed/neutered.
Ear tattoos sound way better. These clippings seem like they are done more for a person's benefit than a cat's. Easier to spot and ID if you are trying to trap and spay feral cats so you don't even bother catching. If we ever deal with ferals again, I'll specifically ask about tattoos.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Is that a thing to indicate they were spayed? I don't think I've ever seen that with any cats I've ever seen in Australia. Seems needlessly cruel* :(

*Am aware of irony of this statement given we're discussing spaying.

Yeah, clipping a bit of the tip of one ear is a common (and apparently universal) way to mark cats as spayed. This is most commonly done with street cats, so that TNR people know not to bother catching them. House cats meant to stay indoors aren't normally given a cut when their owners spay them, at least here in Spain.

Sorry to hear about the adopter being a pain. At least you're getting them back to make sure they get into good hands, I suppose? We always tell our adopters to contact us if it doesn't work out, and we'll gladly take them back. We have 1 foster we'll never hear from again because the adopter decided she didn't want anymore and then gave away to a friend of an acquaintance. Is it a done deal that the two are coming back, or still a chance for things to work out?

Yeah, getting them back and finding a more suitable adopter is the plan. She only wants to return one of them (of course she wants to keep the one that's more laid back and handsome), but we're not going to separate them just to humour her, and we're not risking her ending up fed up with them and abandoning them or who knows what. I was the one who told my SO to get them back, since she was still undecided about it, but in my experience it's better not to risk it.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
This is how it's supposed to look. As I said my vet did the triangle clip, as seen on the right here.

18157683_10158439798595161_142518773539116114_n_edited-1.jpg

www.neighborhoodcats.org

Neighborhood Cats | How to TNR | Eartipping

An eartip is the universal sign of an altered feral cat. Here you’ll find why it's done, one veterinarian’s eartipping protocol, a demo video and a sample photo.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
This is how it's supposed to look. As I said my vet did the triangle clip, as seen on the right here.

18157683_10158439798595161_142518773539116114_n_edited-1.jpg

www.neighborhoodcats.org

Neighborhood Cats | How to TNR | Eartipping

An eartip is the universal sign of an altered feral cat. Here you’ll find why it's done, one veterinarian’s eartipping protocol, a demo video and a sample photo.

In Spain it's like the left one pretty much 100% of the time. You don't even notice it unless you're specifically looking for it, but it's easy to tell due to the "straight" end of the ear. I personally also prefer it not just for aesthetic reasons, but because sometimes cats fighting in the street can lose bits of their ears, and a bite and tear can make it end looking a bit like the one in the right, while the straight cut is not something that they can do to each other.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Wow, the thread was unusually slow this week, heheh.

We're fostering a new cat as of a couple days ago (was returned by his family because apparently he gave massive allergies to one of its members), and I've fallen in love with him, so much I'm considering adopting him. He's a long-haired black cat, and the most instantly friendly cat I've met besides my own love Ratón. Literally the second I sat for the first time next to him, he hopped into my lap, then stood on his rear legs to hug me and kiss me. He keeps doing this every time we enter the room; he behaves like a stereotypical dog. The person that coordinated his previous adoption described this behaviour of him as "velcro", and since he's black that's what I've ended up calling him. :D

He's quarantined for now because he has giardiasis and a massive cold; we suspect the family kept him outside, because he was healthy when given to them just two weeks ago. I'll try to get some pictures or even a video to share here.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realized both kittens were outside the building after i left work yestrday

usually fridays i leave before everyone but hoping to at least lock up but they had some stuff that needed to go out so i wasn't there to make sure they stayed inside. a friend came back later to lock up but it was a couple of hours later when i asked if he saw the kittens and said he only saw one before he left but since he was nearby he went to check. he didn't see them either one. i figure they may have went upstairs or hid.

but when the auto feeder went off for the evening none of them came. sometimes they randomly don't eat when its time.

anyways, i came into work this morning and checked. the bowl was still full. went outside and start to call for them. they ended up sleeping in the shaded part of the parking area. thats the spot they usually played if they go out.

im glad they didn't run somewhere and got lost. i don't think they would survive since they were sorta "indoor" kittens.

what's odd is that when my friend said he saw the one before he locked up. did he sneak out while he was closing up or theres a spot in the building thats open. maybe its the same spot where they got in the first time.

i was watching them not too long ago on camera and they were sitting together on the cat tree. and now they are sleeping together.

i don't think they would survive without one another.

Oct 26, 2017
New parents came today from 4 hours away to meet Rumple and Jerry. They hung out for a good hour and left with them. Nearly teared up looking at them one last time in the carrier. New parents were very lovey and excited, and one is a vet, so I think they'll have a good life.

Bye Rumple. Bye Jerry.

20200229-153146.jpg

Hanuli

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Visited my kitten on saturday. He's coming home in april. Here kittens can't be adopted until they are 14 weeks old. I want to hold him already ;_;

He's a red ragdoll. His tail and ears are red, which I think is rare for a ragdoll?

egjCbt0.jpg

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Visited my kitten on saturday. He's coming home in april. Here kittens can't be adopted until they are 14 weeks old. I want to hold him already ;_;

He's a red ragdoll. His tail and ears are red, which I think is rare for a ragdoll?

egjCbt0.jpg

While I understand how it sucks for you, frankly, more countries should enforce stronger policies forbidding adoptions under a certain age. We've even had crazy people asking to adopt newborns, separating them from their mother to bottle feeding them unnecesarily, and in a country like Spain where a lot of people, especially in villages, treat cats like vermin-hunting house appliances, it's not hard for them to get what they want. :/