• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Minako

Oct 25, 2017
Catherine-Full-Body-720x340.jpg

Atlus has announced that a remake of Catherine will be released for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, called Catherine: Full Body.

Developed by Studio Zero, a live stream for the game will take place on December 22, 2017 at 7:30 JST.
Via Persona Central

UPDATE:
Catherine-FB-Fami-Leaks_12-19-17.jpg

• Development is a collaborative effort between Atlus and Studio Zero.
  • [There is a new] third "Catherine" named Rin (voiced by Aya Hirano). She is a pianist at Vincent's regular bar, and has an exceedingly honest and gentle personality. Rin's involvement in the story will introduce new branches for the other two "Catherines."
  • A large amount of new endings, episodes, anime movies, and sexy events are being added.
  • The subtitle "Full Body" was chosen from the wine term, and exemplifies an even richer and somehow more erotic new Catherine.
  • There is cross-save support.
  • The new "Catherine," Rin, is described as a healing existence that assists the nightmare-ridden Vincent and shows him new values. While her speech and conduct give off an aura of considerably lacking in common, she is a very straightforward and gentle character.
  • The scenario is mainly being made by full-time staff.
  • The wide range of difficulties and convenient systems being prepared will enable people who are interested in the story to enjoy the game until the very end.
  • In puzzle action stages, there is a new mechanic where you have to think about not only how to move cube-shaped blocks, but also blocks in a state where multiple are connected.
  • You can switch between new and traditional modes during the story.
  • There was unexpected excitement for the competive mode overseas, so online battles are being included.
  • There is more than one new ending.
  • Development is currently 50 percent complete.
  • A release date and price are still to be announced.
More info at Gematsu

MY THOUGHTS/SPECULATION:
It's possible that if/when the game is announced for the West, it will be releasing on more platforms such as Xbox One. It's fairly common for a game to be announced for PS4/Vita in Japan and then an XB1 version is announced along with the localization. The Vita version will probably be localized given Atlus' track record of continually releasing games on Vita in the West, but it won't surprise me if it's digital only. If Troy Baker is unable to return for English voice work, they'll probably try to get Matt Mercer.

Last edited:

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
Pretty much everyone predicted this LOL. I never picked up the last one, but, as a new fan of Persona, I'll pick it up.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
the undying

Imo the game had a better story than p5 but i wasnt a big fan of the gameplay

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
This user was warned: Port-begging.
Vita but no Swtich?

Where's that "What year is it" GIF when you need it.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
One of the most deserving 7th gen games to get a "remaster". Can't wait to pick it up.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
This user was warned: Port-begging.
Where is PC?!!! Man we are so lucky Catherine has emulation.

-edit-

To clarify my position, I am staunch supporter of emulation. No forum will ever change that as I believe the potential of our technology is amazing and limitless and nobody should ever feel pressured to not use it. I own a copy of Catherine and I do not advocate emulation for anything you don't own yourself obviously. The fact that my post could even be relooked at makes this place 1000% better than GAF.

However I spoke before knowing this is an enhanced port in which of course it is justified. I'm excited for the new content so I have no problems picking this up on PS4.

Last edited:

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
PS4 was obvious. Vita is certainly shocking. I'll take it for my favorite little handheld. Vita is life.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it's cross buy.
Either way, the first one is fantastic.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope this means we'll get more players for the Catherine tournament scene lol

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Nice, wonder if it's cross buy. What are the chances this will be localised for the west?

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played but never finished this last gen.

Will pick this up for sure