• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL

Definitely all the OG dub cast.

No word if they're fixing the borked online, doesn't even show it.
(The JP version still hasn't patched it, it's practically unplayable.)

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Nice trailer and it's nice hearing all the old voices.

And still shame about all the bad stuff surrounding the game. Might just watch a Let's Play.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Man I was so hyped about this game when it was announced, but after the JP release, the transphobia stuff and learning about who Rin actually is, I have zero excitement for this.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Good trailer. Good to see the cast is back.

Did the first one include Japanese voices in the West? I feel like I played it in English, which is rare for me.

Even if this one does, I... think I'll play it in English. Felt right hearing the celebration at the end of the level.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it full priced? Not sure how much content they added besides Qatherine and some more endings/stages .

I'm interested to beat this again but with another option.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
Is it full priced? Not sure how much content they added besides Qatherine and some more endings/stages .

the arrange mode adds puzzle for all levels and difficulty. theres stage 10 too.
i havent played standard, but heard friend said even that was somewhat changed a bit.

rapunzel wise, the added new 64stage for standard and arranged rapunzel is all of the prev + the new 64 (so 128 total for arranged rapunzel)

added some more cs footage into the old ver too

KingKunta

Nov 10, 2018
Still hyped about it, so day one for me. Fuck everything else. Might get the limited edition if its still available.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in, though mainly just because I want to see the new Catherine and Katherine endings. I wonder if I should play with Japanese voices this time.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Yes.

Not only that, the $60 version doesn't come with all the paid DLCs from the JP release. The complete digital deluxe version is $80.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
I guess this is to Catherine as Persona 4 Golden was to Persona 4. Seems this is the way going forward to Atlus.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the transphobia stuff about? Stuff from the original game or stuff that we found about the japanese release (if it's already out).

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently playing the 360 version on XB1 for the first time. Loving it so far, not going to double dip but Catherine is a hell of a game

Oct 27, 2017
there's also good ending with rin/qatherine.
shouldnt ppl judge the game with their own experience than to listen to ppl talk that may not be the complete picture of the whole package?
The game is out. What good is one part if other parts are offensive anyway? If you like the game then be my guest but don't suger coat it or defend stuff that affect LGBT people.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The game is out. What good is one part if other parts are offensive anyway? If you like the game then be my guest but don't suger coat it or defend stuff that affect LGBT people.
A lot of the early discussion in that thread was also misconstrued by people who didn't understand Japanese, and were running with a really negative read of things from the impressions of someone who also didn't understand JP. To quote myself, having played it:

Getting toward the end of the Rin route, and it's kind of endearing in its naïveté.
Like, you can tell the writers were trying *so damn hard* to put Vincent and Rin's relationship in as positive a light as they could. The C/K meter shattering to have a white flower grow out of it when you pick Rin choices, lots of "it doesn't matter what people think, love above all" type stuff, Vincent having a big dramatic inner monologue (moreso than what C and K get) when he decides to save Rin, and Vincent and Rin embracing and kissing as the big "fuck you" to Mutton.

There is some unfortunate dialogue, like Rin suddenly switching to boku's as soon as the otoko no ko reveal happens, Vincent's friends being like "Wow, I didn't know Rin was a dude (otoko)," and Katherine being like "Or are they... not a girl...?" when they were breaking up and she didn't know who Vincent was seeing (though being okay with it). It feels like it was written from a place of genuine ignorance, but with good intentions. Going by what Erin said, I could easily see a lot of the less than ideal language being smoothed out. Looking forward to seeing what they go with.

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of the early discussion in that thread was also misconstrued by people who didn't understand Japanese, and were running with a really negative read of things from the impressions of someone who also didn't understand JP. To quote myself, having played it:
We will see how it ends up being in the localized version (I assume they will do rewriting) but I am of the belief that if they can't write it well then they shouldn't try until they can nail it. I also feel current Atlus has done a lot of offensive content in their games lately so I don't trust them.

Still, thanks for your information.
I played it on PS3 and I didn't notice any transphobia although to be honest I don't remember a huge amount about it.
Look up the parts about Erica. It was subtle but it was there. The remake has a lot more offensive things though.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the puzzle aspects of the first one, but the additional transphobia Hashino added turned me off entirely to this version.

There's no way without an edit to the video itself for that one ending the localization could turn that around. And I doubt ATLUS Japan would spend the time to do that.

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I never played the OG so i'm tempted, but the puzzle aspect doesn't really strike me, i'm more intrigued by the story tbh

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Already played through on Vita, but pre ordered the ps4 special edition too. One of my favorite Atlus games for sure.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
What's the transphobia stuff about? Stuff from the original game or stuff that we found about the japanese release (if it's already out).

People are mostly talking about the new stuff, but you can argue that there was Transphobia in the original, however it could be interpreted as a couple specific characters being transphobic rather than the game validating the transphobic views.

The new stuff in full Body makes the game itself be transphobic.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Got the Steelbook edition pre-ordered.

This was a really interesting game back on the PS3, so I'm eager to jump back into it~~~