• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Maaaaan, of course they do this when I don't have my PS4 on me for a few days...

New trailer:

Last edited:

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
That was the announcement I guess?

I thought it was supposed to happen an hour from now tho. Weird.

OP
OP
Spinky

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I wasn't expecting this at all (thought it would be the Western release date). And wasn't expecting it to be announced just yet.

I pray it doesn't have English voices/subs because then I don't have to be salty about not being able to play it.

Actually who am I kidding, I'd play it anyway...

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Ah I see.

Thought Atlus messed up and announced sooner than they originally planned.

Atlus is pretty tight lip and secretive about all they do so I doubt they'd let an announcement they planned slip early. But I guess Sony really wants you to play Catherine!

No, I think this has more to do with the fact that PSN almost always updates at around noon and that's when this announcement was supposed to be, so it's more on Atlus this time around for not curating this better.

Last edited:

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
May not be the only announcement.
Cathrine 2?
Full Body Switch?
Both?
More?

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
As cool as that would be, it would be weird to just announce that about a month before the game comes out.
Then again, this is Atlus, they just released a vanilla port of a PS3 singleplayer game on PC while a super enhanced edition is in the works.

I wouldn't expect them to not canniblize thier sales.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Then again, this is Atlus, they just released a vanilla port of a PS3 singleplayer game on PC while a super enhanced edition is in the works.

I wouldn't expect them to not canniblize thier sales.
Atlus didn't release that. Sega did, and another studio ported it. That has zero bearing on Full Body right now.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, and you don't even have to pay for this one.
XS5LK.gif

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
RIP "It's a Golden Show." New title screen's vibe is neat, but has nothing on this song.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Stream came and went already...yep, the special announcement was in fact the demo.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Stream came and went already...yep, the special announcement was in fact the demo.

Why do you sound so disappointed? They never made a big deal out of it. They just said they have an announcement on this day. And I think a demo is a big shock. I definitely didn't see that coming and it certainly surprised me. It's exciting because people can try out the game now.

It's not Atlus or any company's fault people put unrealistic expectations and expect things to happen because they want them to happen.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you sound so disappointed? They never made a big deal out of it. And I think a demo is a big shock. I definitely didn't see that coming and it certainly surprised me. It's exciting because people can try out the game now.

It's not Atlus's fault people put unrealistic expectations and expect things to happen because they want them to happen.
A demo is cool, make no mistake, I just thought it would be something cooler given how they did kind of hype this up. Happy for the people that get to play it though. I do not have a way to unfortunately.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Whats in this demo?
Might try it if it has the co-op or competitive stuff.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
A demo is cool, make no mistake, I just thought it would be something cooler given how they did kind of hype this up. Happy for the people that get to play it though. I do not have a way to unfortunately.

They just said they had an announcement regarding Full Body on Jan 11, so it was related to FB. That's really it. That song collaboration for the opening is probably a bigger deal to the Japanese audience than the West alongside a demo they're getting so they fulfilled their announcement. So I don't really see how they hyped it up in anyway.

That's a shame though. Hopefully you can get to try it somehow. Haven't checked it out myself yet.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017
Philippines
They just tweeted there's an announcement. The hype was developed because of your personal desires. It's not like they posted an image of a sheep cryptically everywhere to fuel speculation.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I made a thread about the trailer without realizing OP had added the trailer here as well.

I'll see if I can get my thread locked and add "New trailer in OP" to the title of this thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Whats in this demo?
Might try it if it has the co-op or competitive stuff.

Two stages and various cut down story scenes from the first couple of days of the game. One stage is just the tutorial though, and both are locked to Safety difficulty, although you can chose "original" or "arrange" mode.

Not really all that much in terms of the puzzle gameplay, fair amount of cutscenes. No extra modes outside of story, so no babel/multiplayer.

Main takeaway from it is that it feels like there's fairly substantial changes to the original game. There's a lot of new scenes during the intro days in the demo, and even outside of new stuff, things like the presentation of the Stray Sheep scenes feel different. It does feel like it's a complete remake, outside of reusing anime scenes.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
They just tweeted there's an announcement. The hype was developed because of your personal desires. It's not like they posted an image of a sheep cryptically everywhere to fuel speculation.
I don't see how saying they have an announcement related to the game is not hyping something up, but whatever, this argument is really pointless. I'm disappointed, that's all there is to it.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Two stages and various cut down story scenes from the first couple of days of the game. One stage is just the tutorial though, and both are locked to Safety difficulty, although you can chose "original" or "arrange" mode.

Not really all that much in terms of the puzzle gameplay, fair amount of cutscenes. No extra modes outside of story, so no babel/multiplayer.

Main takeaway from it is that it feels like there's fairly substantial changes to the original game. There's a lot of new scenes during the intro days in the demo, and even outside of new stuff, things like the presentation of the Stray Sheep scenes feel different. It does feel like it's a complete remake, outside of reusing anime scenes.
I've heard it's basically the same as the original demo.

Fun times.

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely loved the demo, has a bit of an different feel with the puzzles and quite a bit of new scenes. I don't remember the massive tetris-esque blocks being in the original but were kinda hard to deal with sometimes.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
So, there's a Project Re:Fantasy song found in the demo files

I'm not going to post it because I dont know the site rules about datamining etc. but it's out there

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Played a bit until the screen where you can actually choose what voice you want for Catherine. Only two voices available with the rest locked.
Either the original Miyuki Sawashiro voice or Mamiko Noto.