• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
There's a "Cross Save" menu option in the game, though I don't know how common Cross Save has been in the past for games available on both PS3/PS4 and Vita.

Last edited:

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The Project Re Fantasy music was teased before in the game's opening as part of the jukebox:

gmkwm0E.png

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
When's this coming to the US? Not interested in the demo (played the original so no need), want to play the full game...

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The Project Re Fantasy music was teased before in the game's opening as part of the jukebox:

gmkwm0E.png

Yah I just listened to the track and this appears to be "Concept Video 1 BGM." Re-watch and compare, I'm pretty positive they're the same:

Song discovered in demo: https://puu.sh/CuR8d/9caa4da871.mp3
Concept Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e4vOxUIsRs

So yeah we technically knew this song was going to be in the game then since September, when the opening movie came out.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Recorded some Vita cutscenes. Obviously not as high fidelity as the PS4 version, but still fairly decent. Gameplay is buttery smooth, no issues at all.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Demo was great fun. It's Catherine alright. Looking forward to all the new content

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Recorded some Vita cutscenes. Obviously not as high fidelity as the PS4 version, but still fairly decent. Gameplay is buttery smooth, no issues at all.

That it looks this good on the Vita and yet western regions aren't getting this version is downright criminal. Is there anyway to get the japanese version with english text/subs?

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Just played the demo, and I'm a huge fan of the first Catherine, this version has some huge changes, the new blocks are really cool, and now if you press the "Undo" button your step counter doesn't refill, which will make gold runs much harder. I'm very excited though, seems much harder but also easier, with auto-play and skip functionalities, so no-one will be left out. Do we know if this has online coop for babel?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I saw someone from Atlus say that stuff wouldn't be affecting this game recently, anyway. Although now I can't find it so maybe I'm imagining things, lol...
They kinda hinted that they made the game with those restrictions in mind so they went as far as they could without the game getting the divine ray. Some people took that as Atlus devs censoring their own game so Sony wouldn't do it for them.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching footage of this demo, a few things I noticed, some of which are spoilers for the original:

They seem to have scenes to make Katherine more likable, which is a good thing, as it kind of bothered me how most of the game she was presented as unlikable and only trying to chain Vincent down, with zero upsides. Granted the scenes are flashbacks, but it makes sense. While Catherine was a succubus in the original, and blocked the incoming texts and pictures from Katherine, she didn't erase Vincent's memories of her and why he liked her at all in the first place. Watching the early scenes in the game, you would wonder why Vincent was with Katherine at all in the first place, if he's supposedly been with her for years.

The puzzles also seem very different than the original, almost to the point where I'm not sure this will be a "complete" version of the original, and more like a retelling/reboot rather than purely a 1:1 remake. I don't completely get what the "safety mode" thing does. Also one thing I like is how it lights up the edges at the level that Vincent is hanging at. I hoped they fixed the controls, as I remember one annoyance was shimmying to and away from the camera, they got really confusing which would make you climb up, or go left or right sometimes. I know in the original (and even as recently as the PC version yesterday), I had some dumb deaths due to that.

Can anyone fill me in on what's going on in the Rin scenes? From what I get, she's being chased through the city by something giant, and runs into Vincent. Vincent can see the giant thing too. They hide in a hole in a construction site until it passes. I can't tell what is being said there though.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
The demo was pretty cool. Played the remix mode last night. Rin seems somewhat interesting, and the beginning had a few more new scenes like a sex sxene with Katherine. The remix blocks are really cool. They have L blocks and T blocks and stuff kinda like tetris you can push around. It makes the gameplay feel refreshing. The intro cinematic is stylish and the menus are clean.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching footage of this demo, a few things I noticed, some of which are spoilers for the original:

They seem to have scenes to make Katherine more likable, which is a good thing, as it kind of bothered me how most of the game she was presented as unlikable and only trying to chain Vincent down, with zero upsides. Granted the scenes are flashbacks, but it makes sense. While Catherine was a succubus in the original, and blocked the incoming texts and pictures from Katherine, she didn't erase Vincent's memories of her and why he liked her at all in the first place. Watching the early scenes in the game, you would wonder why Vincent was with Katherine at all in the first place, if he's supposedly been with her for years.

The puzzles also seem very different than the original, almost to the point where I'm not sure this will be a "complete" version of the original, and more like a retelling/reboot rather than purely a 1:1 remake. I don't completely get what the "safety mode" thing does. Also one thing I like is how it lights up the edges at the level that Vincent is hanging at. I hoped they fixed the controls, as I remember one annoyance was shimmying to and away from the camera, they got really confusing which would make you climb up, or go left or right sometimes. I know in the original (and even as recently as the PC version yesterday), I had some dumb deaths due to that.

Can anyone fill me in on what's going on in the Rin scenes? From what I get, she's being chased through the city by something giant, and runs into Vincent. Vincent can see the giant thing too. They hide in a hole in a construction site until it passes. I can't tell what is being said there though.

With regards to the puzzles, there's two modes "arranged" which adds a ton of new mechanics and changes to every stage in the game, and "classic" which is supposed to just be the original stages.

Safety makes it impossible to die basically, and you can enable auto play if you get really stuck. Things like that.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think Catherine blocked the Katherine texts in the original game. I remember getting quite a few texts from Katherine and having to answer that while spending time around Stray Sheep.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Catherine blocked the Katherine texts in the original game. I remember getting quite a few texts from Katherine and having to answer that while spending time around Stray Sheep.
Maybe it was just pictures, but I remember at one point when Catherine disappeared from Vincent, a lot of stuff he wasn't getting came in.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it was just pictures, but I remember at one point when Catherine disappeared from Vincent, a lot of stuff he wasn't getting came in.
Hmmm... I think you are remembering it backwards.
When Catherine disappears all the texts and sexy pics you've received from her also disappear from your phone which makes Vincent go crazy, trying to prove that Catherine existed.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... I think you are remembering it backwards.
When Catherine disappears all the texts and sexy pics you've received from her also disappear from your phone which makes Vincent go crazy, trying to prove that Catherine existed.
I remember that too, but I also remember a bunch of pictures from Katherine coming in as well. When I get there in the PC version I'll screencap it, because I swear I remember this.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I remember that too, but I also remember a bunch of pictures from Katherine coming in as well. When I get there in the PC version I'll screencap it, because I swear I remember this.
I don't remember any of that tbh and I replayed the game three times (Catherine ending, Katherine ending and Neutral ending)

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina

If I recall correctly (been a few months since I finished it again) for some reason the cellphone company sent you old pics/messages, and that's when you get a few pictures of Katherine.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Here are my non-spoilery impressions.

Counting the story bits it's quite a big demo. I'll try avoiding spoilers, but if you thought the world of Catherine was messed up before, wait till you play this. People who didn't like the super natural elements are gonna be in for a shock.

The game does look more like a retelling rather than a 1:1 remake. So many scenes I didn't remember from the OG release. And not just Rin stuff. Honestly I'm very skeptical about how this might affect the narrative compared to vanilla, but at the very least we'll get to see and hear more from the cast that we loved so in the end I'm in for the new stuff.

As for gameplay changes, you can pick original puzzles or rearranged. I picked rearranged ofc. There are added rewards and new blocks. Like the type that was in the demo, was a group of blocks that you could push around together. I like the idea but the demo was too small of a sample in this regard to have a firm opinion on these new additions. Tho at the end of the day, if this sucks the option to play the classic puzzles is in the game so that's fine. I do say tho that I was enjoying the Catherine puzzles like the og release (even if they were a little too short here)

Lastly, with the way they transition from Studio Zero's logo to Catherine Full Body logo, I have zero worries about this game having anything censored by Sony lol

P.S: I like how now you can get more stuff on Katherine even day 1 based on your choices/text messages. Got a pic from her and she even called me. Have no idea what I was telling her tho lol