• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Here are my non-spoilery impressions.

Counting the story bits it's quite a big demo. I'll try avoiding spoilers, but if you thought the world of Catherine was messed up before, wait till you play this. People who didn't like the super natural elements are gonna be in for a shock.

The game does look more like a retelling rather than a 1:1 remake. So many scenes I didn't remember from the OG release. And not just Rin stuff. Honestly I'm very skeptical about how this might affect the narrative compared to vanilla, but at the very least we'll get to see and hear more from the cast that we loved so in the end I'm in for the new stuff.

As for gameplay changes, you can pick original puzzles or rearranged. I picked rearranged ofc. There are added rewards and new blocks. Like the type that was in the demo, was a group of blocks that you could push around together. I like the idea but the demo was too small of a sample in this regard to have a firm opinion on these new additions. Tho at the end of the day, if this sucks the option to play the classic puzzles is in the game so that's fine. I do say tho that I was enjoying the Catherine puzzles like the og release (even if they were a little too short here)

Lastly, with the way they transition from Studio Zero's logo to Catherine Full Body logo, I have zero worries about this game having anything censored by Sony lol

P.S: I like how now you can get more stuff on Katherine even day 1 based on your choices/text messages. Got a pic from her and she even called me. Have no idea what I was telling her tho lol
That whole title screen intro was pretty cool and definitely reminded me of the presentation in Persona 5.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
That whole title screen intro was pretty cool and definitely reminded me of the presentation in Persona 5.
Yeah, the game is certainly has a lot of style in its presentation.
I never played Catherine and got it digital BC X1 for like $4. I can't decide just play that or wait for this
From what I played of the demo and comparing to the original, you should be fine playing both of them. The changes to Full Body really feel significant.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I'm second guessing importing this. I loved my time with JP Catherine on day 1, but there's no joke that some of the impact was lost without understanding what was going on, especially in regards to the endings.

I love Also Sprach Brooks, I'm really not sure how I feel about the new one yet. It's practically a brand new song.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm second guessing importing this. I loved my time with JP Catherine on day 1, but there's no joke that some of the impact was lost without understanding what was going on, especially in regards to the endings.

I love Also Sprach Brooks, I'm really not sure how I feel about the new one yet. It's practically a brand new song.
Yeah if you can't understand Japanese then I highly advice against importing this. Even in the demo, I was completely lost story wise.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be importing the Vita version. The demo sold me on it, having the puzzles to play on the go is all I need. I forget, is there a way to replay levels (for better ranks) after you finish them?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Pity, I was mainly thinking to gold rank each stage. Guess I'll just be sure to save before each one and reload should I screw up.

Lunatious

Dec 18, 2018
I'll be importing the Vita version. The demo sold me on it, having the puzzles to play on the go is all I need. I forget, is there a way to replay levels (for better ranks) after you finish them?

You can replay stages on the difficulty you're on after clearing each in-game day. (So for example if in-game you're on Day 3 you'll be able to replay all the Day 1 and Day 2 levels and so on).

You can only do this in the cellphone menu, so there's nothing like a Chapter Select in the title screen or anything. So if you want to replay all previous levels you'd need to get to the final day and keep a save handy there.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
You can replay stages on the difficulty you're on after clearing each in-game day. (So for example if in-game you're on Day 3 you'll be able to replay all the Day 1 and Day 2 levels and so on).

You can only do this in the cellphone menu, so there's nothing like a Chapter Select in the title screen or anything. So if you want to replay all previous levels you'd need to get to the final day and keep a save handy there.

That's good to hear, thanks for letting me know :)

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Also on the fence about importing this. Didn't have any trouble with Persona 5 in Japanese but this is completely different.

Since we know the English version will have the Japanese audio, it's making me not want to get the import. I have it preordered still. Probably should hurry and decide since Amazon.jp will probably charge me tomorrow if I had to guess.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's a Golden Show is gone, which is a real shame. Title screen music should have been a remix of that.

Netto-kun

Oct 27, 2017
Soon.

DzOWNatX4AIW63H.jpg:large

Oct 25, 2017
Also on the fence about importing this. Didn't have any trouble with Persona 5 in Japanese but this is completely different.

Since we know the English version will have the Japanese audio, it's making me not want to get the import. I have it preordered still. Probably should hurry and decide since Amazon.jp will probably charge me tomorrow if I had to guess.

I ended up canceling mine.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
C̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶F̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶B̶o̶d̶y̶ ̶|̶O̶T̶|̶ ̶K̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶F̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶B̶o̶d̶y̶ ̶|̶O̶T̶|̶ ̶̶̶ Qatherine Full Body |OT|

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Catherine |OT| Now's Not the Time to be Wed

Also please just come out in the West ASAP. With the Vita version too. Thanks.

Last edited:

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd totally make a Murakami reference, but dunno how many people would actually get it.

|OT| C/K/Qathka on the Shore
|OT| A Wild Sheep Race
|OT| The Wind-up Herd Chronicle