• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tomahawk

Nov 2, 2018
Oh, one other thing - is there any way to disable the damn auto play feature when you restart a puzzle? Its so darn annoying that it seems to be on as standard (or I accidentally turned it on, I'd believe either).

It's a toggle in the config menu, called "retry assist" (リトライアシスト).

Is the trophy list for the game essentially the same as the original? Not looking for spoilers, but I'm assuming there are trophies specific to endings with Rin. Are there any other new trophies, any omissions?

Most of the original game's trophies are still in, but they've had their names/descriptions changed. Trophies for endings no longer label certain endings as "true" ends. Some of the trophies for specific types of block-pushes are also gone. Colosseum is unlocked from the start now, so the trophy for unlocking that is gone too. There are a lot of new trophies for little things like buying/using an item, washing your face, saying "no" when asked if you're going home, finding a small easter egg, getting a 100 step-combo, etc. Axis Mundi's unlock requirements have also been loosened, but the trophy for getting Gold prizes on all stages on either Normal or Hard is still present under a new name. The trophy from the last game for clearing all stages with Gold prizes on Hard is gone, replaced with one for getting all Gold prizes on both Standard and Arrange puzzles on all difficulties.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. Finished my first run on the game. The first couple of stages in level 9 felt way harder than the later ones which was weird. Couple of questions as the guide doesn't make it super clear:

What's the most efficient way to get all the endings? Some are just down to different choices on day 9, but some require you morality bar to be in different positions, so should I do multiple playthroughs purposely answering differently, or is there an easier way to get them all quickly?

Also, some trophies/unlocks seem to require you getting gold on "all stages on normal or above". I got all golds on normal on my first run (classic mode, not arranged) but don't seem to have gotten anything. Am I incorrect? And what's the easiest way to replay stage 9 as you only get one shot at it? Is it replayable on NG+?

tomahawk

Nov 2, 2018
What's the most efficient way to get all the endings? Some are just down to different choices on day 9, but some require you morality bar to be in different positions, so should I do multiple playthroughs purposely answering differently, or is there an easier way to get them all quickly?

Also, some trophies/unlocks seem to require you getting gold on "all stages on normal or above". I got all golds on normal on my first run (classic mode, not arranged) but don't seem to have gotten anything. Am I incorrect? And what's the easiest way to replay stage 9 as you only get one shot at it? Is it replayable on NG+?
I don't believe any endings require the bar to be in specific positions beyond "far left, middle, and far right". I think you can get locked out of some ends if you're not far enough towards a particular side, but I don't think that you get locked into any for being too far in. Having a save in each of the three states on day 9 should be the most efficient way to do it. Also, on repeat playthroughs you can just skip every single level from the pause menu, which makes it really easy to get all the endings.

That trophy also includes the extra stage that is only in Rin's route. You'll need to get golds on those levels too. I'm pretty sure Stage 9's replayable from Vincent's phone, isn't it?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yeah, forgot that Rin gets an extra level. I'll just go through and do that, as I don't think I can bring myself to get every ending (I'll just look up videos online). Thanks for the info :)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, does anyone have something solid explaining how to get
the 10th night and Rin endings?
as the one English guide seems vague and a bit rubbish - it just says "answer certain questions from day 3 to 6 and get your morality meter to crack". I did that. Every night I got the meter cracked which is supposed to lead you to the new endings yet nothing happened and I got a neutral ending. Any advice on what I missed? I only found one question per night that cracked the meter (the one before the boss) so not sure if you have to do it more than once per night? Even a Japanese wiki would help more at this point!

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
as the one English guide seems vague and a bit rubbish - it just says "answer certain questions from day 3 to 6 and get your morality meter to crack". I did that. Every night I got the meter cracked which is supposed to lead you to the new endings yet nothing happened and I got a neutral ending. Any advice on what I missed? I only found one question per night that cracked the meter (the one before the boss) so not sure if you have to do it more than once per night? Even a Japanese wiki would help more at this point!
There should be a scene where Vincent has a big dramatic monologue after he pushes Rin away, where he thinks about each girl. This is the page with the choices to get the Rin route.

https://samurai-gamers.com/catherine-full-body/unlock-rin-route/

tomahawk

Nov 2, 2018

I'll leave the questions in Japanese since it makes little sense to translate them when the game's in Japanese. It sounds like you might have missed the decisions on the sixth day, which you need to answer a particular way to go onto Rin's route.
The four initial questions you need to answer as a prerequisite are:

Night 3, Landing 2: 大事な人にはどんな秘密も打ち明けてほしい?​
Answer: 打ち明けてほしい​
Night 4, Landing 1: 他人からどう思われてるか気になる?​
Answer: 関係ない​
Night 5, Landing 2: 愛した人の秘密を全て受け入れる覚悟がある?​
Answer: 覚悟の上だ​
Night 6, Landing 3: 重要な決断を下すとき、最後に信じるのは?​
Answer: 自分の心​
Then, on day 6 you will be prompted with 3 questions after Rin's phone call.
Answer these as follows:
1: 必要な存在​
2: まだわからない​

3: リンとの未来​

This will lock you into the Rin route. From here on, the questions are all completely different to the other routes, and your ending will be based on how many of them you answer correctly. These questions are randomized, but you can tell if you get one correct from the animation of a leaf growing out of the morality gauge - so saving on each of the landings and reloading if you get one wrong works, but it's pretty easy to tell which answer is correct, you just pick whatever the more open-minded answer is.

The Departure end is achieved by answering 4 questions or fewer correctly. The Reconciliation end is achieved by answering anywhere between 5 and all but one of the questions correctly. And the New Happiness ending is achieved by answering every question correctly.

I got my info from this wiki: https://gamewith.jp/cathy-fullbody/article/show/142335

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'll leave the questions in Japanese since it makes little sense to translate them when the game's in Japanese. It sounds like you might have missed the decisions on the sixth day, which you need to answer a particular way to go onto Rin's route.
The four initial questions you need to answer as a prerequisite are:

Night 3, Landing 2: 大事な人にはどんな秘密も打ち明けてほしい?​
Answer: 打ち明けてほしい​
Night 4, Landing 1: 他人からどう思われてるか気になる?​
Answer: 関係ない​
Night 5, Landing 2: 愛した人の秘密を全て受け入れる覚悟がある?​
Answer: 覚悟の上だ​
Night 6, Landing 3: 重要な決断を下すとき、最後に信じるのは?​
Answer: 自分の心​
Then, on day 6 you will be prompted with 3 questions after Rin's phone call.
Answer these as follows:
1: 必要な存在​
2: まだわからない​

3: リンとの未来​

This will lock you into the Rin route. From here on, the questions are all completely different to the other routes, and your ending will be based on how many of them you answer correctly. These questions are randomized, but you can tell if you get one correct from the animation of a leaf growing out of the morality gauge - so saving on each of the landings and reloading if you get one wrong works, but it's pretty easy to tell which answer is correct, you just pick whatever the more open-minded answer is.

The Departure end is achieved by answering 4 questions or fewer correctly. The Reconciliation end is achieved by answering anywhere between 5 and all but one of the questions correctly. And the New Happiness ending is achieved by answering every question correctly.

I got my info from this wiki: https://gamewith.jp/cathy-fullbody/article/show/142335

Perfect. Many thanks for the details and the guide, this is exactly the info I was missing. Thankfully I kept a save at the beginning of day 6 right at the point you have to answer the questions (I had a feeling I'd screwed up, didn't realise just how different the scene was supposed to be (lol!) but I've sorted that now, I'm on the path to Rin's endings :)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. Cleared Rins story and got all gold on normal difficulty. Loved the extra level and the arrange mode, a pity that they didn't have more new blocks to make it even more worthwhile (its great as it is, but I'd have loved it to be even more rearranged). Now I'm getting my ass kicked by the Tower of Babel, can't get barely anywhere on the second stage!

On the Vita port - I wasn't really paying much attention to the story, but gameplay wise its definitely ported well - the game works really well on the small screen and I can't really recall any parts of the game slowing down. Load times seemed ok and graphically the stages looked fine. Really the only issue I had is that the game sometimes zooms out so much that its a bit hard to navigate a couple of sections of boss stages. But that's really it. Pity its not getting an English release (the Vita port) or a Switch port (yet) as its kinda the definitive version for me just for portable play even with its graphical and sound concessions in story segments.