• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Official Staff Communication
Please be advised that this game contains a significant amount of content that is blatantly transphobic and offensive. As these issues are part of and inseparable from the content of the game, they can and will inevitably be discussed in this OT.

Any defense of such content, or dismissal of relevant criticism, will be met with bans. Complaining about discussion of the issue will be met with bans.

Thank you.

LEgAJWP.png

Special thanks, now as ever, to Vally for graphical inspiration.

oSnqEhc.png

True love stories never have endings. - Richard Bach

• Developer/Publisher - Atlus
  • Platform(s) - PS4, PSV
  • Release Date: February 14th, 2019 (JP)
  • Genre: Puzzle / Tactical Relationship Action
  • Artwork: Shigenori Soejima
  • Music: Shoji Meguro
  • Director: Kenichi Goto
So What Does Full Body add?
  • New Third Character Route
  • New Endings
  • New Gameplay Modes, stage designs, and block types
  • Completely revamped online & offline multiplayer, fixing all the infamous(and hilarious) glitches from the original
  • New music by Shoji Meguro

JWPCFQz.png

There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. - Friedrich Nietzsche

v6_package_78e647341cd5ef9fdb215047606ea0e3.png

(Regular)

v5_limited_cf7f0185b1b42f079476a025f1843aeb.png

(Hotness)

L4wrcmp.png

I got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one. - Shawn Carter

Vincent Brooks - Age 32
2JWZ3FS.png

A lackadaisical system engineer. Spends his days working, and his nights drinking.
Vincent's in no hurry to get married; he likes things to remain as they are.

Katherine McBride - Age 32
V0T6lsn.png

A fashion designer, and Vincent's friend since grade school; has been his steady girlfriend for years, and his friend for even longer. As of late, her mother is pressuring her to settle down, which leads to her expecting the same of Vincent.

Catherine - Age 22
IfFgl7P.png

A young woman who appears at the Stray Sheep bar one evening, and manages to charm her way into a highly inebriated Vincent's bed. Catherine enjoys her free will, and doesn't want to be pinned down. (But if you cheat on her, she'll never forgive you.)

Rin (aka 'Qatherine') - ???
ZNGjkkR.png

The newest waitress at the Stray Sheep, a mysterious girl aspiring to be a star piano player, she moonlights as a waitress to make ends meet.
There's something after her, but why?

Orlando Haddick

Vincent's co-worker, a fellow system engineer. Has a very jaded outlook on love and relationships, due to having been backstabbed by women one too many times.

Jonathan 'Johnny' Ariga

A used car salesman. Johnny is always on the move between relationships, and will not settle down until he finds 'the one'.

Tobey Nebbins

A laid-back mechanic who works with Johnny. Has a serious crush on Erica, and plans to marry the first girl he meets; or at least the first one that lets him.

Erica Anderson

The waitress of the Stray Sheep bar. Always in the know when it comes to town gossip.

Boss

The proprietor of the Stray Sheep. Knows all there is to know about the Stray Sheep's clientele. He wears his sunglasses at night.

The Midnight Venus, Trisha

The hostess of the ever-popular Golden Theater midnight broadcast.
Also the primary hostess for the events which transpire in the crazy world of Catherine.

q1vrJmR.png

"How many times did you cheat?" "A lot." - 21 Savage

KUSpSuX.png

You are a cinema, I could watch you forever. - Benny Benassi

JghLBq9.png

Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you. Maybe you just need one person. - Kermit The Frog

[To be added]

Harris Katz

Apr 9, 2018
One of my favorite games on PS3. I know it is supposed to be "coming soon" to the West, but has anyone heard anything rumored about a potential release date outside of Japan?

Ecco45

Mar 19, 2018
Nice OT.

Going to pick this up from GEO tomorrow. Any word on PS4 Pro enhancements?

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I've never used AmiAmi before. Are they quicker than play-asia? I day 1'd Catherine PS3 when it came out in Japan and it took almost two damn weeks to get it...

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
i really wished they make the English version for the vita too.
already have it on PS3, but i want it for the vita.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I've never used AmiAmi before. Are they quicker than play-asia? I day 1'd Catherine PS3 when it came out in Japan and it took almost two damn weeks to get it...
If you haven't ordered already I can vouch 100% for Amiami. As far as imports go they are by far the best site available (if you don't need to worry about duty fees at least).

tomahawk

Nov 2, 2018
Atlus actually acknowledging same-sex relationships, and what's more, not making distasteful jokes about them? Color me surprised. Still, I'll wait till I see the game in full before making any judgments.

Anyway, really liking the game so far. None of the story changes/additions have felt for the worse, although I do worry they've made the game a bit too easy - I noticed Hard mode now has the ability to undo, which seems silly since people choose Hard difficulty to be challenged. Also, being able to re-watch every cutscene - real-time and anime - via Vincent's phone is a great new addition and something I'd love to see in future Atlus games.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
Atlus actually acknowledging same-sex relationships, and what's more, not making distasteful jokes about them? Color me surprised. Still, I'll wait till I see the game in full before making any judgments.

Anyway, really liking the game so far. None of the story changes/additions have felt for the worse, although I do worry they've made the game a bit too easy - I noticed Hard mode now has the ability to undo, which seems silly since people choose Hard difficulty to be challenged. Also, being able to re-watch every cutscene - real-time and anime - via Vincent's phone is a great new addition and something I'd love to see in future Atlus games.

AAAHHH what. Do you mind expanding a little on what happens? I won't be getting it until it comes out in English :/

I do think Atlus handled Kanji pretty decently in the original P4, but everything after that just made him the butt of gay jokes :////

tomahawk

Nov 2, 2018
AAAHHH what. Do you mind expanding a little on what happens? I won't be getting it until it comes out in English :/[/SPOILER]
Not a whole lot happened, but it was a proper story cutscene and not just random bar dialogue so I think it'll probably be brought up again at some point. There were a couple of female wrestlers on the bar's TV, and Orlando brought up that apparently the two of them dated a while back. Toby laments the fact this means he wouldn't have a chance with either of the women on TV, but Orlando is quick to remind him that was always the case. Erica overhears and says that same-sex couples aren't all that uncommon these days, and asks Rin for her thoughts, to which she says she personally doesn't think sex really matters and that if there's love there, that's what's important.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
Not a whole lot happened, but it was a proper story cutscene and not just random bar dialogue so I think it'll probably be brought up again at some point. There were a couple of female wrestlers on the bar's TV, and Orlando brought up that apparently the two of them dated a while back. Toby laments the fact this means he wouldn't have a chance with either of the women on TV, but Orlando is quick to remind him that was always the case. Erica overhears and says that same-sex couples aren't all that uncommon these days, and asks Rin for her thoughts, to which she says she personally doesn't think sex really matters and that if there's love there, that's what's important.

That's... actually really, really nice, considering how P5 treated the gay NPCs they had. I wonder, too, if Rin is going to be asexual, or what. I know people were iffy on the game's treatment of Erica, but this is heartening to hear. Thanks!

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
vt8xWOt.png

Yaaay. Not supposed to arrive until February 22 though. Booo.

Edit: Amazon.jp definitely seems like the best place to have grabbed it. ¥13,521 including shipping and customs.

Last edited:

Netto-kun

Oct 27, 2017
So tired from work yesterday that I didn't even get around to fire up the game.

Oh well have some illustration by Soejima.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
This is great to hear. Please do let us know how this all turns out. My purchase of this is quite literally dependent on this, heh.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd love it if someone could DM/quote me with updates on how that person is treated in Fullbody

I mean Erica. I'd be very happy to hear she's not a victim of transphobia anymore

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur

i would agree if it just to beat hard mode. perfect step and all coin runs still require a bit of thinking and i like that. undo didnt help alot for doimg that :(

btw anyone notice in babel the controls seems to be alot sensitive than in story? can easily over push/pull

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love it if someone could DM/quote me with updates on how that person is treated in Fullbody

I mean Erica. I'd be very happy to hear she's not a victim of transphobia anymore

Yeah, this is something I really wanna know most of all compared to anything else.

It's honestly frustrating a bit, because for the most part she was treated okay through parts of the story, but there was absolutely some parts that really upset me, including the whole reveal about her gender identity and the dead naming in the credits.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Vita audio is unfortunately low quality. Videos are really compressed as well. Lot of artifacts.

KnifeCutU

Feb 10, 2019
Finally got my preorders in for the Western editions. The classic version was great, so I'm sure the new content will be amazing as well.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, this is something I really wanna know most of all compared to anything else.

It's honestly frustrating a bit, because for the most part she was treated okay through parts of the story, but there was absolutely some parts that really upset me, including the whole reveal about her gender identity and the dead naming in the credits.

I'm worried about this tweet

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Florence + The Machine is right: Sometimes I think it's getting better, and then it gets much worse"

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Those are some choice quotes. Nice OP.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I don't know how Atlus's writers are so out of touch for the character--centric themes they tend to write about...

Last edited: