• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
???

And??

Well, maybe i should say "more considering" instead?

Idk, who the fuck cares about proper english lol
C'mon, you guys get the point. Stop being an asshole

Catherine original : gamebryo
Catherine full body : p5 engine

Idk if this have been confirmed, but it's not gamebryo so most likely p5 engine

I'm glad the English version drop the "for nintendo switch" lol

SMTV has been in development for a very, very long time. We will see it...when we see it. Persona nor Persona 5 will ever be on a Nintendo platform. They don't care about your sales or support when there's contracts in place just like there's ones for Nintendo and SMT.

People using this to gauge something are setting themselves for disappointment. Let it go already and just pickup a PS4, P5Royal is exclusive and comes out in a few days. When SMTV comes out, it'll be exclusive too.

Last edited:

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
Always been interested in this game but never got round to it, will I like this if I loved Persona 5?

Ghifari77

Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Yes, that's exactly what i'm saying.

Thank you for agreeing with me, you're a nice person.

Umm...... Are you sure you quote the right person?

What you said have nothing to do with what i said lol.

Also can we stop talking about other games please?
This is a Catherine FB port thread.
I don't care about port of persona, smt, or whatever, there are already tons of thread if you want to discuss that

Always been interested in this game but never got round to it, will I like this if I loved Persona 5?

In term of style and music... Yes. It's different but there's quite similarity.

Story are debatable though, but if you like adult characters in P5 then maybe you'll like it.

Gameplay have nothing to do with p5, but it's good if you like puzzle

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Just waiting for the pre-order to go up at ... any online retailer, I guess, because none have listed it yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
But isn't Persona 4 Arena just a fighting game? How can that be considered a sequel?
Story mode of P4A and P4AU are direct sequels to both Persona 4 and Persona 3. Just like how P5S is a direct sequel to Persona 5 despite being a "spin-off"

Persona 4 Dancing All Night also has a story mode that takes place after Arena and Golden's True Ending.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it necessarily means anything for Persona 5 per say but there's definitely something to read into here. I've seen a lot of people say that Catherine was already multiplatform but Switch was already out for two years when Fullbody first released in Japan on PS4 and Vita(!) so clearly if the original intention was for multiplatform it could've/would've happened at that point or at least before the western release.

The fact that's coming so much later than even the western release and seems to be bundling in all of the DLC implies to me at least that this is a change of strategy.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I don't think it necessarily means anything for Persona 5 per say but there's definitely something to read into here. I've seen a lot of people say that Catherine was already multiplatform but Switch was already out for two years when Fullbody first released in Japan on PS4 and Vita(!) so clearly if the original intention was for multiplatform it could've/would've happened at that point or at least before the western release.

The fact that's coming so much later than even the western release and seems to be bundling in all of the DLC implies to me at least that this is a change of strategy.
Hopefully it means that Atlus is at least thinking about shifting to a multiplatform strategy for all of its franchises

ekurisona

Jan 10, 2018
3J7PLm0.png

source

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Got no clue if the footage is considered spoilery or not...

So, they're advertising the Switch version by showing off PS4 gameplay footage? Huh.

And the Joker/P5 teasing continues.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And the Joker/P5 teasing continues.
well joker was already DLC for the game and it's expected to be here too since all DLC is included. i doubt they're teasing anything with that. at this point joker has been featured in 6 or 7 games on the switch.

edit:
- smash ultimate
- tokyo mirage sessions encore
- persona 5 scramble
- sonic forces
- catherine full body
- phantasy star online 2
- some f2p game, i can't remember the name

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Good way to inspire confidence about the quality of the port.
Yeah, exactly. I can't even imagine the game running or looking bad, the Vita version performs well already afaik. A bad Switch port then would be kinda "amazing" (~ridiculous) in its own right.

Though, to be fair, there is actual Switch footage on the channel. But seemingly not too much from what I could gather on a quick glimpse. And definitely no extensive Switch in-game gameplay footage.
This is the only one I've seen featuring Switch gameplay so far...

well joker was already DLC for the game and it's expected to be here too since all DLC is included. i doubt they're teasing anything with that. at this point joker has been featured in 6 or 7 games on the switch.

edit:
- smash ultimate
- tokyo mirage sessions encore
- persona 5 scramble
- sonic forces
- catherine full body
- phantasy star online 2
- some f2p game, i can't remember the name
True; I did wonder about them particularly showing off the Joker/P5 DLC content, though, but there are also a lot more Catherine Switch videos on the channel, so I guess it's not the biggest deal after all.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
yeah all the previously released dlc (plus 3 new voice tracks specifically for the switch version) seem to be included on the cart.
Excellent.

Unless it has performance issues, glitches or bugs not present on the PS4 version, I will get the Switch version instead 100%.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
anyone know the resolution for handheld/docked mode on this game yet?

No, but there is a demo version coming

www.resetera.com

Catherine: Full Body for Nintendo Switch Q&A, Confirms Upcoming Demo

https://personacentral.com/catherine-full-body-for-nintendo-switch-qa-confirms-upcoming-demo/ - Same content as the PS4/Vita version - All DLCs are included - Catherine Ideal Voice DLC has 3 extra voices: Kana Hanazawa, Ayana Taketatsu, Marina Inoue - The song "Re:Set" is not included - No...

Deleted member 43657

Banned
May 19, 2018
Well then, I'll buy this "Catherine" game (again) so that one day I can finally buy Persona 3, then 4, then an Etrian Odyssey game, then maybe Persona 5, but only after the second version of SMTV comes out.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Dos Atlos no that Stwich owners want Personah 5?

The US side of Atlus have been saying they have been hearing fans begging for it lol.

I always felt like all of Atlus series should be multi platform so everyone can enjoy their games, but it seems like Atlus does what Atlus likes to do.

Anyways glad that Catherine is getting ported tho.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Are we getting an OT for this game or will it just be using the old Catherine Full Body OT?

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
What a fantastic game. Played this for the first time earlier this year and it was so much fun. Totally unlike anything I've ever played before. The puzzles were cool and challenging and the story bits were great fun too. I don't know if this counts as a visual novel game or not (i've tried a couple and i couldn't get into them at all) but this game immediately drew me in. Great story. I'll double dip on the switch version if it goes on sale.

If you're on the fence about this game just get it - its great.