• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
LEgAJWP.png

Special thanks, now as ever, to Vally for graphical inspiration.

oSnqEhc.png

True love stories never have endings. - Richard Bach

• Developer/Publisher - Atlus
  • Platform(s) - PS4, PSV
  • Release Date: Now! (JP / US )
  • Genre: Puzzle / Tactical Relationship Action
  • Artwork: Shigenori Soejima
  • Music: Shoji Meguro
  • Director: Kenichi Goto
So What Does Full Body add?
  • New Third Character Route
  • New Endings
  • New Gameplay Modes, stage designs, and block types
  • Completely revamped online & offline multiplayer, fixing all the infamous(and hilarious) glitches from the original
  • New music by Shoji Meguro

JWPCFQz.png

There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. - Friedrich Nietzsche

v6_package_78e647341cd5ef9fdb215047606ea0e3.png

(Regular)

v5_limited_cf7f0185b1b42f079476a025f1843aeb.png

(JP Hotness)

cfb_pe.jpg

(US Hotness)
L4wrcmp.png

I got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one. - Shawn Carter

Vincent Brooks - Age 32
2JWZ3FS.png

A lackadaisical system engineer. Spends his days working, and his nights drinking.
Vincent's in no hurry to get married; he likes things to remain as they are.

Katherine McBride - Age 32
V0T6lsn.png

A fashion designer, and Vincent's friend since grade school; has been his steady girlfriend for years, and his friend for even longer. As of late, her mother is pressuring her to settle down, which leads to her expecting the same of Vincent.

Catherine - Age 22
IfFgl7P.png

A young woman who appears at the Stray Sheep bar one evening, and manages to charm her way into a highly inebriated Vincent's bed. Catherine enjoys her free will, and doesn't want to be pinned down. (But if you cheat on her, she'll never forgive you.)

Rin (aka 'Qatherine') - ???
ZNGjkkR.png

The newest waitress at the Stray Sheep, a mysterious girl aspiring to be a star piano player, she moonlights as a waitress to make ends meet.
There's something after her, but why?

Orlando Haddick

Vincent's co-worker, a fellow system engineer. Has a very jaded outlook on love and relationships, due to having been backstabbed by women one too many times.

Jonathan 'Johnny' Ariga

A used car salesman. Johnny is always on the move between relationships, and will not settle down until he finds 'the one'.

Tobey Nebbins

A laid-back mechanic who works with Johnny. Has a serious crush on Erica, and plans to marry the first girl he meets; or at least the first one that lets him.

Erica Anderson

The waitress of the Stray Sheep bar. Always in the know when it comes to town gossip.

Boss

The proprietor of the Stray Sheep. Knows all there is to know about the Stray Sheep's clientele. He wears his sunglasses at night.

The Midnight Venus, Trisha

The hostess of the ever-popular Golden Theater midnight broadcast.
Also the primary hostess for the events which transpire in the crazy world of Catherine.

q1vrJmR.png

"How many times did you cheat?" "A lot." - 21 Savage

KUSpSuX.png

You are a cinema, I could watch you forever. - Benny Benassi

JghLBq9.png

Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you. Maybe you just need one person. - Kermit The Frog

Metacritic - 82
Open Critic - 81

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my copy in, so I'll be glad to try out the new puzzles. Sucks to hear the multiplayer is apparently broken though. :/

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Just got my copy in, so I'll be glad to try out the new puzzles. Sucks to hear the multiplayer is apparently broken though. :/
I have yet to play the US version, but by all accounts, it's as bad as the JP version and just like that, unlikely to get fixed.

I'm hosting a tournament in Orlando at the end of the month though, and you're welcome to attend.

Oct 27, 2017
This game is complete shit and should have never been. The transphobia is disgusting and evil. My greatest hope is that this game mega-bombs and Atlus bleeds a ton of money from it. This is the only way they learn not to do this shit again.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
huge takes

only about a couple hours in but really enjoying it so far. looking forward to playing more

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Nice OT, probably going to end up waiting for a sale to buy the game though since there's a bunch of other games out I want to play first and I already played the original.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I've got it come from Gamefly either today or tomorrow. Can't wait to jump back into these puzzles.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shame the Vita version didn't get localized. Portable Catherine is *so* good.

May 17, 2018
Having a great time with it so far. Some of the Rin stuff feels real shoehorned in, but, it's mostly working for me.

The music is just...the best.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think Rin's a great character.

It's a huge shame online still doesn't work. Just like the first game, I won't be able to engage in the competitive multiplayer even though it looks so awesome. I wish I had known this pre-release.

It did feel novel that Atlus was out on their own venture to make an active online component for one of their games. I guess this is how it turns out.
Shame the Vita version didn't get localized. Portable Catherine is *so* good.
It would have been great. This definitely feels like a game perfect for a portable.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
This time I might actually play it. :D

Anyways, guess I'll ask here as well:
Anyone knows how the subtitles of the other langues hold up? Are they more on the literal side compared to the english (dubtitles?) one's?

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Wish I had looked up a guide to get to the new stuff the first time around. Apparently missed Rin's route.
Guess I can still try to get Catherine's new ending and do a replay with the new puzzle stuff.

I think the steelbook art might be the best yet.
Yeah, it has pretty great art.. now If only it was a real steelbook and not a generic metal case.
I think Persona 5 had an actual steelbook, so its a shame they went with a cheaper option this time around. Still looks great with the slipcover at least.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wish I had looked up a guide to get to the new stuff the first time around. Apparently missed Rin's route.
Guess I can still try to get Catherine's new ending and do a replay with the new puzzle stuff.
Make sure to also check out a guide for Catherine's new ending. The routes to get the new stuff can be obscure.

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I think Rin's a great character.

It's a huge shame online still doesn't work. Just like the first game, I won't be able to engage in the competitive multiplayer even though it looks so awesome. I wish I had known this pre-release.

It did feel novel that Atlus was out on their own venture to make an active online component for one of their games. I guess this is how it turns out.

It would have been great. This definitely feels like a game perfect for a portable.
We still have tournaments all over, that's your best bet, probably.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I figure you may as well go blind at first since it's not like Catherine is a long game anyway, especially since you can apparently skip the puzzles now.
Yeah, I'd rather just go blind. Though, having played Catherine before, I feel like the best way to play is to go down the Rin route so you see whole new stuff and the game expands during your first run. If you're gunning specifically for it, getting to the Rin route is fairly intuitive.
We still have tournaments all over, that's your best bet, probably.
Not in Canada it sure isn't. Best way to grind in any game where you don't have a local community is online, even for the pros. Devoid of that, it's not fruitful to travel internationally to engage in one major.

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Yeah, I'd rather just go blind. Though, having played Catherine before, I feel like the best way to play is to go down the Rin route so you see whole new stuff and the game expands during your first run. If you're gunning specifically for it, getting to the Rin route is fairly intuitive.

Not in Canada it sure isn't. Best way to grind in any game where you don't have a local community is online, even for the pros. Devoid of that, it's not fruitful to travel internationally to engage in one major.
Michigan Masters is the closest one.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is complete shit and should have never been. The transphobia is disgusting and evil. My greatest hope is that this game mega-bombs and Atlus bleeds a ton of money from it. This is the only way they learn not to do this shit again.
this. i am very disappointed in atlus that they stuck to their guns in this re-release. this was the perfect opportunity to fix it and remove that content, but looks like they've made it even worse. a huge embarrassment for the company.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Shame online is garbage. Not sure how reliably I can find a local place in the UK to play. Kinda hoping for a PC port in the future which might have improved online. Or there is at least ways around it on pc now with screen sharing seeming to be more viable.

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
Got the game, super busy with work and a friend's weeding but can't wait to play this gain. Will probably target Rin's route since I'm familiar with the original game.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Michigan Masters is the closest one.
Well, again, I'm not gonna travel for a single major in a competitive game, unless I'm just looking to casually have fun.

The big issue with non-functional online multiplayer is it significantly prevents the potential for huge growth within the Catherine scene. In this day and age, a game won't grow competitively without online. That's just how it is, since that's the most convenient way for everyone to get games in. Without it, it'll always be on the level of "side game" instead of having a UNIST style explosion, and that's pretty sad.

Posting Guidelines

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
It is a matter of public record that this game contains content that is blatantly transphobic and offensive. As a result, we feel it is important to set guidelines so that discussion in this thread can be both informed and civil:

• As the transphobic content is part of and inseparable from the game, discussion on these issues will inevitably happen in this OT.
  • Do not excuse transphobic content or dismiss/complain about the concerns of members who wish to discuss this issue. Do not engage in backseat moderation or derail the thread with complaints about site policy. Such behaviors are against the terms set in our General Guidelines and will result in a ban.
  • Do not attack or shame other members for purchasing the game, enjoying parts of the game unrelated to transphobia, or just generally seeking to discuss the game in this OT. Discussion should be civil, constructive, and thoughtful at all times.

For more information regarding the transphobic content in Catherine: Full Body, please consult this thread: Catherine Full Body English localisation changes little, is still incredibly transphobic

Above all, please be respectful and kind in how you approach discussions about this divisive game with your fellow community members.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta be honest, I preordered the EU CE so long ago I completely forgot about it. I also didn't get any notification about the shipping of it either, which is suspect. I'll have to contact my store to see what's going on.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
OT Looks great OP, a lot of people have been asking for it and you hit it out of the park!

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
One of the best games I've ever played, diving into this version after Astral Chain.

The Heart's Desire Edition is really nice too. The plushy is great.

amprsand11

Jan 12, 2018
Canada
Nice OT, been waiting for someone to make one. I don't think I actually beat the game on PS3, so I'm looking forward to finally fixing that.

Steelbook case is absolutely gorgeous as well.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Is this coming to PC? I want to get this but I don't have a console anymore...
If it does it won't be for a long time and it would be Sega or some other studio porting it. They just released Catherine Classic on Steam earlier this year. Atlus sure as hell isn't going to put it on PC.
Official Staff Communication
It is a matter of public record that this game contains content that is blatantly transphobic and offensive. As a result, we feel it is important to set guidelines so that discussion in this thread can be both informed and civil:

• As the transphobic content is part of and inseparable from the game, discussion on these issues will inevitably happen in this OT.
  • Do not excuse transphobic content or dismiss/complain about the concerns of members who wish to discuss this issue. Do not engage in backseat moderation or derail the thread with complaints about site policy. Such behaviors are against the terms set in our General Guidelines and will result in a ban.
  • Do not attack or shame other members for purchasing the game, enjoying parts of the game unrelated to transphobia, or just generally seeking to discuss the game in this OT. Discussion should be civil, constructive, and thoughtful at all times.

For more information regarding the transphobic content in Catherine: Full Body, please consult this thread: Catherine Full Body English localisation changes little, is still incredibly transphobic

Above all, please be respectful and kind in how you approach discussions about this divisive game with your fellow community members.
On the subject of the thread linked there: I asked in there what the "minor scene removed" was and never got an answer. Does anyone in here know?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, if Catherine Classic is an option for you, go with that one instead of Full Body. The addition of a third route didn't add anything to the story and arguably detracts from the Katherine x Catherine dilemma. Gameplay improved considerably, but the story's quality dropped considerably.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Honestly, if Catherine Classic is an option for you, go with that one instead of Full Body. The addition of a third route didn't add anything to the story and arguably detracts from the Katherine x Catherine dilemma. Gameplay improved considerably, but the story's quality dropped considerably.

Well, if you work extra you get a new last chapter that ends with a new boss. One extra level can be incentive enough ;)

I did not manage to make a level editor for the first one (well in fact i did, but i could not properly go beyond the first stage of 3 depths, it broke the level chain), i bet the new engine will make it easier to achieve... whenever the game comes to pc.

edit: a screenshot of my attempt, cataloguing the blocks ;)
catherineeditor2epkfn.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
On the subject of the thread linked there: I asked in there what the "minor scene removed" was and never got an answer. Does anyone in here know?
No scene's been removed.

Here is what's been modified, in question:

There might have also been another side dialogue changed in reference to woman's wrestling, but it's a pain to look to find the original dialogue.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Kinda liked my title more, but whatevs.

How's the art book in the JPN version? I hear the US one is pretty small.
It's a 50 pages booklet with good ink quality. A little small to fit in the box but it has plenty of sketches.
catherinebook1gjv0.jpg

(c) atlus and whatever the copyrights are.

for the nuts interested in the printing process, i macro-ed the eye of the catherine illustration on the book
catherinebook_detailjukb5.jpg

(c) Atlus and whomever

Last edited:

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if it's using multiple resolutions, it looks cleaner in some scenes and closer to the original version in others.