• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
A video posted on the weekend on Facebook with the caption "good morning" shows the woman taking a peek over the balcony, and then throwing a folding chair onto the Gardiner Expressway and Lakeshore Boulevard below.

As of mid-morning Monday, police said they believe the incident took place in the last few days and that two chairs were thrown, not one as originally thought.

Last week, the CBC reported on residents of a downtown condo tower who were infuriating their neighbours in a nearby building by throwing trash and liquor bottles, and vomiting from their balconies.

Video at the source;

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/video-chair-thrown-1.5014019

Fucking infuriating, what's wrong with people. For context, the expressway below the condo is a major traffic corridor through downtown Toronto. A chair falling from half that height could kill someone let alone from however high they are. Fortunately the dumb ass made a show of it with her full face in view, hopefully she's ID'd soon.

Throw me on to an expressway if old.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I was picturing some idiot throwing a chair over a little apartment building into a courtyard or something, not a huge high rise onto a highway.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
My guess is Airbnb as well. Some of the condo buildings down there are now 90% Airbnb, and people who live there are getting extremely frustrated by it.

The city recently asked Airbnb to de-list a whole bunch of units, and the company basically laughed it off.

My friend's building in Cityplace had a shooting incident just outside between two airbnb tenants a few weeks ago, shit's getting out of hand.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
My friend's building in Cityplace had a shooting incident just outside between two airbnb tenants a few weeks ago, shit's getting out of hand.
A big problem is you'll have foreign owners buy dozens of units and operate them as a ghost hotel. They don't give a shit because they don't live there, and there's local businesses that have spring up to clean and maintain these units on contract.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the video was going to be of someone filming her from afar.... But her having herself filmed on purpose..... What a god damn idiot.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Acts that could result in death should really be criminally negligent acts that could result in manslaughter. Don't know the legal definitions, but something more than just a fine.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Pictures of the two chairs after landing.

qq1c2oC.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/apanyk/chair_thrown_from_balcony_extremely_dangerous_and/

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
A big problem is you'll have foreign owners buy dozens of units and operate them as a ghost hotel. They don't give a shit because they don't live there, and there's local businesses that have spring up to clean and maintain these units on contract.

There was that vote last month where the city voted overwhelmingly to request Airbnb take down ghost hotels, but I assume they'll shrug it off as always.

As if cyclists don't have enough to worry about in Toronto, now there's getting impaled by a chair leg while locking up.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My guess is Airbnb as well. Some of the condo buildings down there are now 90% Airbnb, and people who live there are getting extremely frustrated by it.

The city recently asked Airbnb to de-list a whole bunch of units, and the company basically laughed it off.

I was seriously considering Ice Condos at 12 York when it was newly built. So fucking thankful I didn't buy into that building. From what I've heard, it's pretty much an AirBNB hotel.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
This video pisses me off way more than I thought. seeing her probably thinking to herself how "badass" she is makes me even more pissed off.

Lets see how long throwing prison chairs will take her

bigred50

Oct 31, 2017
I was seriously considering Ice Condos at 12 York when it was newly built. So fucking thankful I didn't buy into that building. From what I've heard, it's pretty much an AirBNB hotel.

Google "Ice Condos Toronto" and it returns "Book a Room" . The reviews are all people complaining about how crappy the hotel is, and the concierge sucks.

It's a residential condo building, ffs.