• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan

Linda Ward @LindaWardCBC

BREAKING: 19 year old Marcella Zoia of Toronto has been charged with mischief endangering life, mischief damage destroy property, and common nuisance. She will appear in court this morning.

8:50 AM - Feb 13, 2019

Definitely good that she turned herself in. I feel weird about them publishing names when it involves something like this that has gone viral. She'll receive tons of online harassment and threats.

My area has a similar story of a road rage incident where they can't locate the driver. Includes scary dash cam footage.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/dashcam-footage-captures-road-rage-highway-1-1.5014105

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
Some highlights from this afternoon's hearing;

Zoia is being released on $2000 bail, and will be back in court at Old City Hall on March 22nd to set a date for her trial.

Judge stressing to Zoia the consequences of what happens if she's found guilty at trial and that she could go to jail

Crown asking Zoia not attend any high rise building over 5 stories, and not to be on any balcony.

Judge says she's not imposing these two conditions. Says Zoia has no record, her mother is willing to be her assurity, she's presumed innocent, and that should be enough

Zoia's Lawyer says Marcella wishes this never happened, that she's been under intense scrutiny, and that she's extremely embarrassed and will never do this again.

Some full on 'sorry I got caught' nonsense. The aw shucks my bad, so embarrassing angle is so hollow when she found it perfectly ok to carry on with her day and post to social media before the scrutiny drove her to the police.

More details in the thread but I'm with the crown on this one, when you had the judgment to have potentially murdered someone with a chair for lols the lack of a former record is null imo.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some highlights from this afternoon's hearing;

Zoia is being released on $2000 bail, and will be back in court at Old City Hall on March 22nd to set a date for her trial.

Judge stressing to Zoia the consequences of what happens if she's found guilty at trial and that she could go to jail

Crown asking Zoia not attend any high rise building over 5 stories, and not to be on any balcony.

Judge says she's not imposing these two conditions. Says Zoia has no record, her mother is willing to be her assurity, she's presumed innocent, and that should be enough

Zoia's Lawyer says Marcella wishes this never happened, that she's been under intense scrutiny, and that she's extremely embarrassed and will never do this again.

Some full on 'sorry I got caught' nonsense. The aw shucks my bad, so embarrassing angle is so hollow when she found it perfectly ok to carry on with her day and post to social media before the scrutiny drove her to the police.

More details in the thread but I'm with the crown on this one, when you had the judgment to have potentially murdered someone with a chair for lols the lack of a former record is null imo.

LOL. Hey guys it's totally fine that she almost killed somebody by being a complete fucking idiot and throwing a chair off of a high rise building, she feels embarrassed!! /s

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
My guess is Airbnb as well. Some of the condo buildings down there are now 90% Airbnb, and people who live there are getting extremely frustrated by it.

The city recently asked Airbnb to de-list a whole bunch of units, and the company basically laughed it off.

A number of buildings in SF have a ban on short term rentals in CCRs because residents don't want to deal with living in a hotel.

It's one area where HOAs can be handy because they just fine the owners when someone starts doing the quick flip Airbnb thing.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My area has a similar story of a road rage incident where they can't locate the driver. Includes scary dash cam footage.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/dashcam-footage-captures-road-rage-highway-1-1.5014105

This lady said she was camping in the left lane because she passed a snowplow and frankly even if she had been camped there all day for lulz - the solution is maybe flash your high beams or eventually pass her on the right - but there are people who sit in the passing lane because they're oblivious terrible drivers - and one of the most dangerous things about doing that is that it can create road rage dangers because for every oblivious shitty driver sitting in the passing lane because they're a selfish asshole - there's a nutjob maniac who takes it personally and shouldn't have a license. Like this guy in the Lariat. According to her description at least, her behavior was legal and reasonable.

So if you're the left lane type who thinks that because you're "doing the speed limit" and you're entitled to be in any lane you like and that your responsibility is complete, remember that what you're doing is illegal for multiple good reasons and that the worst case scenario is not unusual and doesn't just put you or the asshole at risk. There's an incredible aura of danger created by "beefing" drivers and that butterfly effect could be instant and lethal.

Oh and your worst most irrational suspicion about passing lane campers? Well sometimes it's true...

wZdhtJa.jpg

This person does it on purpose for all the crazy reasons your worst most instincts you project on them. And literally has no clue they're breaking the law or creating a danger. And to read their absurdist (and illiterate) manifesto you'd have to tailgate them too. Kinda shocked this guy /girl hasn't been ticketed or at least angrily lectured by cops.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
This lady said she was camping in the left lane because she passed a snowplow and frankly even if she had been camped there all day for lulz - the solution is maybe flash your high beams or eventually pass her on the right - but there are people who sit in the passing lane because they're oblivious terrible drivers - and one of the most dangerous things about doing that is that it can create road rage dangers because for every oblivious shitty driver sitting in the passing lane because they're a selfish asshole - there's a nutjob maniac who takes it personally and shouldn't have a license. Like this guy in the Lariat. According to her description at least, her behavior was legal and reasonable.

So if you're the left lane type who thinks that because you're "doing the speed limit" and you're entitled to be in any lane you like and that your responsibility is complete, remember that what you're doing is illegal for multiple good reasons and that the worst case scenario is not unusual and doesn't just put you or the asshole at risk. There's an incredible aura of danger created by "beefing" drivers and that butterfly effect could be instant and lethal.

Oh and your worst most irrational suspicion about passing lane campers? Well sometimes it's true...

wZdhtJa.jpg

This person does it on purpose for all the crazy reasons your worst most instincts you project on them. And literally has no clue they're breaking the law or creating a danger. And to read their absurdist (and illiterate) manifesto you'd have to tailgate them too. Kinda shocked this guy /girl hasn't been ticketed or at least angrily lectured by cops.

I know how to trigger Stinkles

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
www.thestar.com

‘Chair girl’ Marcella Zoia avoids jail, gets $2,000 fine and 150 hours community service for highrise chair-tossing incident

“In my view a relatively significant fine will be punitive to Miss Zoia,” Judge Mara Greene said in her sentencing decision Tuesday.
  • $2,000 fine
  • 150 hours of community services
  • Two years' probation

Calling her showboating crime part of an "unnerving trend" that must be denounced, a Toronto judge has ordered Marcella Zoia — known as "chair girl" — to pay a $2,000 fine, perform 150 hours of community service and remain on probation for two years.

Ah yes, what better way to discourage a concerning trend than

*checks notes*

zero consequences