• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to sign up just for Twilight Zone. I might actually watch Discovery season 2 as well but since it doesn't look like I'll be able to finish Twilight Zone during this trial I'm just going to wait.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will I be able to watch all of Twilight Zone if I sign up for this now?

Edit: I looked it up. The first two episodes will release on the April 1st, then each new episode will release weekly starting on April 11th. So you get to watch about 6 or 7 episodes.

Last edited:

cmalex23

Avenger
Oct 10, 2018
I had all access around the same time last year and cancelled after my free month, just tried it and got 2 free months. I guess if you use a whole a new email/account you get the 3. Either way, enough for Discovery. I will reconsider again when the Picard show actually airs.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
It isnt allowing me because i am outside usa. If any one can share their account it will be a great help

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, not letting me enter a promo code. I wonder if they're trying to stop this.

EDIT: Nevermind, my adblocker was stopping it. Weird.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got three free months. Thanks. Would be nice if something like this pops up for YouTube Red when Cobra Kai season 2 drops.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Can I cancel again right now and keep the time or do I need to wait closer to billing?

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
With regards to Star Trek, as someone who wasn't particularly taken with season 1 of Discovery, season 2 has been great so far.

OP
OP
Kschreck

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
With regards to Star Trek, as someone who wasn't particularly taken with season 1 of Discovery, season 2 has been great so far.

Yup I would suggest people who didn't really like the tone and structure of season one to give season two a chance. Especially with this offer for those who don't want to spend any money. It's worth it!

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i subbed to watch the super bowl and man there was nothing on there that interested me.

Oct 25, 2017
Lucky Americans. Star Trek is on Netflix here and I'm subbed to it for pretty much Star Trek only and my free 3 months from PS Plus are ending in a week. I'll probably watch some older Trek (need to see Deep Space Nine, people seem to like that) and the Fast & Furious movies before canceling.

OP
OP
Kschreck

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
As far as I know the only sub numbers we got were 2.5 million last summer, I wouldn't be surprised if they stagnated or maybe even dropped. I wonder if CBS is happy with the sub numbers.

It's really difficult to say but the Netflix numbers were pretty solid ranking as #4 most watched family show in 2017 up there with stuff like Stranger Things (which ranked higher) which is not to bad. No idea about the numbers this year though.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Also, The Good Fight (soon to start Season 3) is pretty fun. It's definitely the most timely show on TV... a legal drama about the insanity of the Trump era.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I went with the ad-free version and it gave me the free month, but only offered me a 50% discount off of two extra months when I went to cancel, not 2 free months.
Oh well, I'll maybe watch Start Trek this month

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Tempting. But I think I'll hold out till the Picard series comes out. Can binge more Discovery that way too (haven't seen it yet).

About to finish my re-watch of DS9. On the last two episodes. It's been a great ride watching it again.

FlexMentallo

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
I signed up using the slickdeals link but it switched me from commercial free to limited commercials when I went to pay, but limited had the 2 free months on top of the initial 1. Then I tried to upgrade to commercial free and it removed ALL 3 free months but offered me 2 months at 50% off. I just cancelled instead, didn't want to watch Trek that much.

OP
OP
Kschreck

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Tempting. But I think I'll hold out till the Picard series comes out. Can binge more Discovery that way too (haven't seen it yet).

About to finish my re-watch of DS9. On the last two episodes. It's been a great ride watching it again.

I think you will like Discovery. Hyped as hell for the Picard series as that sounds really neat and Patrick Stewart's own hype has me excited more. I still need to watch more DS9. It's the only Trek show I mostly never seen (and the animated series if that counts lol).

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads up on this, I signed up for the free 3 months on Feb. 13th, and I remember it being pretty explicit in my CBS account page that I was getting the 3 months for free discount. But I just logged in to cancel it today, because I never used it, and my account discount was listed as "50% off 2 months," and the next billing date was going to be April 13th.

So I think CBS might've pulled a bait and switch on us, unless I'm reading my account discount wrong.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Really enjoyed the first season, gonna take them up on this, thanks!

Edit: Code is coming up invalid, oh well.

Last edited: