• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Reported by CBS News:

Former NFL player Colin Kaepernick got booted from a resolution honoring Black History Month in his home state of Wisconsin after white Republican lawmakers refused to pass a version that included his name.

The Wisconsin Legislature's Black Caucus, which is composed entirely of Democrats, drafted the annual resolution to honor dozens of prominent African-Americans from Wisconsin. An early draft included Kaepernick, the one-time San Francisco 49ers quarterback who started the movement of kneeling in protest during the national anthem at games.
The resolution draft credited Kaepernick, a Milwaukee native, as an athlete and political activist who "has sought to raise attention to racial injustice and systemic oppression."

But Republicans blocked the resolution until Democrats agreed to leave Kaepernick out. He does not appear in the updated text. A final version has not been approved.
2019 is shaping up to have the most racist Black History Month ever.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
That's pretty disgusting.

The way Kaepernick has been treated says a lot about how much his protest has struck a chord with Republicans, and says a lot about how deeply racism is likely ingrained into the Republican mindset.

For all intents and purposes, Kaepernick is a hero of the people. One of these days his sacrifices will be known and honored, and I hope all of those who dragged him down with racist coverup and intent are shamed.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
This is the second year in a row that some of Wisconsin's white lawmakers challenged names in the Black History Month resolution, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Republicans last year opposed the resolution because it did not name certain black Wisconsin natives, including former Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, a vocal critic of the Black Lives Matter movement who gained notoriety amid allegations of his jail employees abusing inmates.

This shit right here....just fire every single GOP Wisconsin official into the goddamn sun.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Black History Month but we whitewash is so that it's about the whites trying to act like they care about the blacks rather than it actually being about the blacks.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't get how a guy kneeling during the pledge at a sports game caused THIS much butthurt with idiots.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Kneeling is such an aggressive and profane act. Imagine if we legitimized it as a form of protest. Society crumbles, bah god.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GOP:
Condoleezza Rice worked for a war criminal administration that killed lots of brown people = One of the good ones, worthy of black history month

Colin Kaepernick asking for police to stop executing black people on the spot = uppity black man, get him out of here

Republicans are the white power party

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
We're halfway through February and they're apparently still debating the resolution. Given that, the Republican opposition must be insurmountable and this was preferable to there being no resolution at all.

I don't understand how any black person there can proudly support the resolution after the GOP have soiled it with their racism. It's a farce at this point.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
White people literally telling black people what is acceptable. The cacus shouldn't said fuck them and not voted but released their own separate press release. Let the optics do the worl

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I'm from Wisconsin and I honestly didn't know he was a Wisconsin/Milwaukee native. That's cool.

Also fuck the Wisconsin GOP.

crimsonECHIDNA

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I still don't get how a guy kneeling during the pledge at a sports game caused THIS much butthurt with idiots.

Honestly I think back to InnuendoStudio's "Angry Jack" video and it explained a lot of the mentality.

It's not so much that kneeling was the problem as much as it was people getting defensive that the protest was implying something about themselves.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
White politicians having a say in who the Black Caucus is allowed to honor for Black History Month just... doesn't compute...

Like these people associate Kaep as like Robert E Lee or something. Like he is that offensive some how?

Simultaneously one of the loudest and most quiet protests of all time. The kneel heard around the world.