Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
I expect nothing from people who enabled a traitor for this long. They're in so deep into their complicity that I doubt they have the character to do now what clearly needed to be done years ago.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Don't just consider it you stupid fuckers, actually fucking do it

Maybe they're waiting on Pence to certify the results and Pence is POTUS for 2 weeks, who properly has a peaceful transition of power

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I'll believe it when I see it. This to me sounds more like cabinet members trying to save their legacies by acting like they were the secret resistance all along even though they didn't actually do shit.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
It's been four years of people in the administration going "We're deeply concerned about this"

put up or shut up

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
"Him"

giphy.gif

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
The 25th doesn't work that way. Impeachment or resignation is the remedy for a president who sucks at his job due to moral failing or criminality.

May 26, 2018
The 25th doesn't work that way. Impeachment or resignation is the remedy for a president who sucks at his job due to moral failing or criminality.

It's basically a way to impeach and remove quickly if the president is wholly incapacitated, because if he isn't he can just say "nah" and then it requires the same ratio in the Senate to kick him out as it does after impeachment.

Only thing I can figure is that Trump reversing the 25th would give Senators cover.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
It takes 21 days for congress to have to vote on the objections of the ousted president

That's enough time

But to be clear: I do not actually believe any of this will happen

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
This only happens if republican leadership thinks they can recover his base or if taking the hit now and destroying him is safe in the long run.

Oct 25, 2017
No, fuck no. I want him removed either by impeachment or his dumbass replaced, you don't get to save face now. Eat shit.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this one what they are probably thinking of doing:

Section 4: Vice Presidential–Cabinet declaration[change | change source]
Section 4 is the only part of the Amendment that has never been used.[21] It allows other executive officials to declare the President unable to do his job. The Vice President must agree to do this. So must:[19]

• A majority of "the principal officers of the executive departments" (the United States Cabinet), OR
  • "Such other body as Congress may by law provide" (some other group that Congress chooses)
To declare the President unable to do his job, these people would have to sign and give a letter to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House. As with Section 3, the Vice President would then become the Acting President.[19]

The President may take back the Presidency by sending a letter to the President pro tempore and the Speaker of the House. However, if the Vice President and the Cabinet think the President is still disabled and still cannot do his job, they can challenge his return. They have four days to write another declaration saying the President is still unable to do his job. The Vice President is still Acting President during these four days. Congress then has to get together within 48 hours, if they are not already in session. Then Congress has 21 days to make a decision. In the meantime, the Vice President is still Acting President.[19]

If two-thirds of each House of Congress votes that the President still cannot do his job, the Vice President would continue to be Acting President. If Congress does not vote this way, or if they do not vote at all within 21 days, the President takes over the Presidency again.[19]

real2

Jan 31, 2019
they should, but they won't. They're actually scared of these terrorists. They will receive death threats from these lunatics until they die if they go through with it. If he was removed ~3 years ago, sure then I would have entertained it actually happening. The fact that it's gotten to this point as it has, they won't.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
The 25th amendment is nothing this late in the game

the worst this would go for trump is that pence and co. would say he's unable to discharge the duties of the office, Trump would send notification that he can, then it would go to congress which has up to 21 days to decide what to do, at which point they'd just run the clock out

I actually think there's a good chance this is a misdirect to avoid a second impeachment, because impeachment can remove you from eligibility for public office, while being hit by the 25th amendment means he can run again