• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
http://www.mbl.is/vidskipti/frettir/2017/10/30/syndarveruleikinn_settur_a_is_hja_ccp/

CCP is planning to launch VR game(s) for the next 2 to 3 years, and is closing its Atlanta office & selling newcastle office
will affected 100 employees out of more than 370

They are going to focus more on PC and mobile games

They have faith in VR in the long run

They are currently working on releasing new games in collaboration with Chinese manufacturers
CCP has been monitoring mobile games development in China & south kKorea, and they are already playing mobile games as complex as PC games. They believe such trend will carry over to the next in the next 3 to 5 years

Ulairi

Oct 30, 2017
When they canceled the World of Darkness MMO I had a feeling the Atlanta studio was not longed for this world. Sad for the 100 people that are losing or could be losing their job. I'm not sold on VR being the future of games. I know that there is a lot of VC money out there for VR developers but I haven't read of any games that are that financially successful and the number of VR units sold is still quite low.

My VR experience with the Samsung Galaxy Gear with my S8 wasn't good and I never use it anymore.