• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Well, after the shade thrown at John Paul II in TW3, I certainly wouldn't put that past them.
Nah, that's not shade at John Paul II, everyone loved the guy, in Poland or outside of it. Hell, I am not a Christian, let alone Catholic, and still respect him.
The Church of the Eternal Fire is problematic in the books for its racism against non-humans, and that is reflected with Hemmelfart, but the slight resemblance is really not enough to assume all that is directed at him.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I remember reading long time ago that they wanted to emulate the Deus Ex: HR approach when it came to combat. So essentialy first person most of the time and third person when in dialogue or in cover. A hybrid so to speak.

Deus Ex style perspective would deal a big blow to my excitement for this. I hope you don't have receipts for this lol. But do you have a source for this, by chance?

Also to the person that's hoping for more character driven story, check this thread.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/yongyeas-cdpred-studio-mismanagment-report.5083/

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
Deus Ex style perspective would deal a big blow to my excitement for this. I hope you don't have receipts for this lol. But do you have a source for this, by chance?

Nope. Sorry, got nothing. Tried searching for it, but honestly don't remember if it was written or spoken in some interview. It's been so long ago that I wouldn't be surprised if they changed their vision since then.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Seems like a weird hope unless they're willing to do cross gen. The install base is there for ps4 and Xbox one and they've been at it for so long. They need to make money. And it's not like Sony or Microsoft are helping by paying.

Sure they have to make money.

1/1.5 year into the the new gen the install base could be enough

Plus the monetization for this game will be different

I just hope it's not held back by the current gen

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Why make cyberpunk "much bigger scope than witcher 3"?
Seriously, isn't that game big enough? Is that some sort of a dick measurement contest?

I hope there is a reason for that and not just "oh boy let's make the world so big and filled with endless boring repetitive quests that people can play for months doing the same thing!"

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Seriously, isn't that game big enough? Is that some sort of a dick measurement contest?

I hope there is a reason for that and not just "oh boy let's make the world so big and filled with endless boring repetitive quests that people can play for months doing the same thing!"

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg..._or_cyberpunk_2077s_scope_sounds_too/dmw92nb/

Passion. Whether that is going to backfire or not has yet to be seen...

Also I imagine a Cyberpunk open world would be a lot more ambitious to pull off in a convincing way than most settings.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017

It doesn't necessarily mean it will be bigger as in "size of the map."

Oct 25, 2017
Letting Geralt have his peace is the right choice. After Witcher 3 a "Woops, here's another crazy adventure for you!" plot would be pretty bad.
I'll happily return to the Witcherverse again with a different character

Hindle

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There is a shade of incompetence about their attitude towards The Witcher. The series is huge at this point, a new game should have been in development as soon as TW3 shipped, and subsequently sold 10m plus.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Letting Geralt have his peace is the right choice. After Witcher 3 a "Woops, here's another crazy adventure for you!" plot would be pretty bad.
I'll happily return to the Witcherverse again with a different character
I disagree. I get that Blood and Wine is beautiful ending, but from story perspective...Geralt is way too young to retire for good, and flat out said to Regis (in my game at least) that he will be using Corvo Bianco for winter, but otherwise keep working.
Considering that Geralt is pretty much the most fun I have had with a protagonist in a game, I would really like to see him back in some, say, 5-8 years in a new game, taking place in some completely new location with story unrelated to Wild Hunt and Aen Elle. But eventhough I would like to see that I am pretty sure CDP won't do it and will instead focus on other characters, new or otherwise.

Oct 25, 2017
I love Geralt. He's such a great character to enjoy and experience on his adventures and his self thoughts with it. I will always give CD the benefit of the doubt on whatever they are working on until I get my hands on it with their direction.