• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Polish website StrefaInwestorow.pl recently had an interview with CD Projekt CEO Adam Kiciński. By now it is available only in Polish.

https://strefainwestorow.pl/artykuly/wywiady/20171108/adam-kicinski-cdprojekt

During the interview, Kiciński revealed new details about CDPR future games:

- CDP want to continue releasing top games in the industry with the best quality.
- They consider each entry in The Witcher series as a major milestone in their history.

Potential future games set in The Witcher world

- CDP RED doesn't have any plans regarding The Witcher 4, they envisioned it as a trilogy and TW3 was a definitive end to the series.
- Kiciński also said that they still have rights to the IP and they will probably return to do some different titles set in The Witcher world in the future. He said that both fans and investors won't forgive them if they abandon the franchise.

Cyberpunk 2077

- Game is supposed to be much bigger in scope than The Witcher 3.
- They hope that Cyberpunk will manage to set quality bar even higher and become even more successful than TW3.
- Cyberpunk has already been confirmed to have an online component in the past. When Kiciński was asked about multiplayer, he was very coy and he didn't really confirmed it or deny it.
- The Cyperpunk team is happy with a currentshape of the game, they are very anxious to finally show it to the world.

Gwent

- Gwent is considered as strategic project, it is designed as a Game as a Service.
- During development they learned a lot about creating titles with multiplayer component.
- Gwent was always supposed to be deeply integrated with GOG Galaxy not only on PC, but onother platforms as well. Whole game infrastructure is based on tech developed with GOG.
- It is worth noting that when Kiciński mentioned playing the game on the different platforms he revealed not only current platforms (PC, PS4, Xbox One) but also mentioned playing Gwent on "other future platforms as well".
- Kiciński said that Gwent is still in very early stage of development, they have big plans about ongoing support of this title.
- Gwent team spent most of 2017 on balancing the gameplay, they plan to introduce new features in early 2018.
- CDPR has some bigger marketing plans for Gwent in 2018.

*Thread was created for contributor/member "dazra" as part of Adopt a User Program. If you any specific questions or comments in regards to the content of the OP, please reach out to him directly:
https://www.resetera.com/members/dazraell.21350/

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm keen to see more about Cyberpunk, but my real hype is for the next Witcher.

BRB, going back to Cryosleep.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling Cyberpunk reveal is going to be next year and release within 8-10 months. So E3 2018 then release spring 2019..

I really want a new Witcher game after Cyberpunk. :(

It's almost guaranteed at this point that they will do a Witcher 4 from their comments.

MiguelBañón

Oct 30, 2017
Spain
I think the ending of The Witcher 3 was really satisfactory. Even more if you play that delicious Blood And Wine expansion. I wouldn't want a new game which relies on a tight excuse to start a new journey after that ending, to be honest (I would consider one in which Ciri is the main character, tough).

On the other hand, is nice to see that Cyberpunk 2077 is actually going well. I was afraid about its status after all this time without hearing any news.

Ladioss

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
CDP doubling down on Mike Pondsmith's works with a Castle Falkenstein CRPG please.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell are they going to make a cyberpunk game "bigger in scope" than Witcher 3? They can't possibly be talking about world size.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I'd like some Witcher spinoff with cutesy storybook graphics for Switch, narrated by Grandpa Geralt.
Something a smaller team could make while the big boys work on Cyberpunk

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just really hope they don't waste time and manpower on some unnecessary multiplayer nonsense in Cyberpunk. Gwent as MP game with singleplayer story campaigns sounds great, but for CP I just want perfect singleplayer immersive experience like with TW trilogy.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I really want to see what cyberpunk actually is.
Body modifications? Different classes? A fixed character or a created one?
Damn, after witcher 3 i expect everything

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I could see Cyberpunk being at the 2018 video game awards E3 2018 seems too soon and they don't want to drag the reveal of it out like they did with TW3 but that's with me thinking a Fall '19/Spring '20 release in mind.

AllDayDreamin

Nov 3, 2017
Super excited for Cyberpunk, Witcher 3 will always be one of my favorite games of all time. I hope Cyberpunk 2077 retains that Bladerunner / Ghost in the Shell vibe we saw from early teasers of it.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Dat cyberpunk hype!
ydey63x2

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want it! Dammit! Just put it in my veins. This company is truly a success story.

And ready for a Witcher spin off. The real question is whether the company can write a character as strong and consistent as Geralt. Regardless, I want whatever it is they are selling.

Oct 27, 2017
Happy that they're putting so much time and effort into Gwent. It's a great card game. Can't wait to see the new features and updates coming in 2018.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
After Blade Runner 2049 I'm actually starting to wonder if CDPR is worried that the audience will be more limited than they thought, but I guess for video games a concept like this will be more appealing to the masses.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Look forward to Cyberpunk. Couldn't care less about Gwent. Playing it standalone made me realize I could only ever enjoy playing it every so often as a mini-game, not as a fully-fledged game. I hope there are plans for a game set in the Witcher universe again. Only this time you get to play as your own Witcher character that you create. I also hope Cyberpunk has a character creator as well.

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am at peace with Witcher 3 being closed forever if they don't have time to go back.

Cyberpunk has already been confirmed to have an online component in the past
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :'(
I feel much less confident about the game now for i fear the prospect of having to endure the non-stop company of active AI characters. I shouldn't have opened this thread.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
"Happy with where Cyberpunk is"

"Want to show it!"

Then do it, you monsters!

grassblade

Oct 27, 2017
Would make sense for Sony or Microsoft to pay up big co-marketing dollars for cyberpunk at next E3

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I think you're right. I hope you're wrong - God, I hope you're wrong - but I think you're right.

I just cannot get excited for a generic sockpuppet protag.

When CDPR announced Cyberpunk 2077, I remember some talking about character creator with customizable protagonist and set of classes to choose from Cyberpunk 2020 rulebook. I think they will try to do best of both worlds, character creator with male and female protagonist to choose and fixed personality adjusted to the classes backstory.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's a create your own char with different classes type of thing, like an actual pen and paper rpg.

Like I said. Massive step down. If I wanted to play a pen and paper RPG, I'd get my friends and play a pen and paper RPG.

A created character is an instant guarantee that the story will be disappointing compared to TW3.

Oct 25, 2017
I am at peace with Witcher 3 being closed forever if they don't have time to go back.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :'(
I feel much less confident about the game now for i fear the prospect of having to endure the non-stop company of active AI characters. I shouldn't have opened this thread.

I think it will be more like Soulsborne with possible invasions and stuff, but that's just a guess.