• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Hi!

We are all following events related to the coronavirus epidemic. The number of cases is increasing, and the health service is facing more and more challenges. In these hard times, every help counts, so over the last few days we have been wondering how we could contribute. We are not familiar with buying medical equipment, masks or overalls, which is why we decided to cooperate with professionals with many years of experience - WOŚP .

Today, we donated PLN 4 million to fight coronavirus - half of this amount as CD PROJEKT SA, and the other half privately. The private part was financed by the main shareholders and the management board of CD PROJEKT.

We would also like to thank the entire medical service and everyone involved in the fight against the virus. Risking your own health, you fight for ours every day - your hard work is our inspiration. We also have an appeal to everyone who reads this message: take seriously what is happening around us. Listen to the recommendations of those who know about public health. Stay at home and don't let the virus spread further!

For more information, please visit the WOŚP website: https://cdpred.ly/wosp

Thanks to IGN

These guys really are amazing. Wish more successful gaming companies would do the same!

Oct 26, 2017
Very nice to see! Wish the BIG companies (EA, Acitivision, etc) would donate a few 10s of millions if not a billion. I mean these guys are some of the richest companies out there, you'd think they could spare it, especially when the virus directly negatively impacts ALL game companies right now.

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
b6c213b1223737299d0f1e619cd99c35.jpg

very good on them.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice to see! Wish the BIG companies (EA, Acitivision, etc) would donate a few 10s of millions if not a billion. I mean these guys are some of the richest companies out there, you'd think they could spare it, especially when the virus directly negatively impacts ALL game companies right now.
"But, my money tho," - some asshole CEO probably

They would never, ever do something that would hurt their bottom line and not benefit them.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Very good. I'm italian and here it's simply a nightmare, I just hope some of those money will be used in Italy too where there's a big shortage of medical equipment. I know the situation is bad all over the world, but my hope is those money are splitted equally between the world.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Cool! Thanks to CDPR. This pandemic has been horrible and health services need all the help of the world.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see a story about CDPR that is positive for a change

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018

Can't speak for others, but last week in Stockholm we donated most of our supplies to the local ER.
(masks, hand sanitisers, that sort of stuff)

OP
OP
Liliana

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Very good. I'm italian and here it's simply a nightmare, I just hope some of those money will be used in Italy too where there's a big shortage of medical equipment. I know the situation is bad all over the world, but my hope is those money are splitted equally between the world.

Hope you're staying safe!

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Good stuff, how's the situation in Poland?

Only 1221 confirmed cases so far, but with severely underfinanced healthcare system it will be a shit show when there will be thousands of sick, because hospitals are already asking for more equipement, because they are running low.

But that's what you get, when you have stupid government, who instead of focussing on important stuff, gives money away to people so they would vote for them. Short-sighted dumb fucks.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like nobody cares about CDPR if it it's positive. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, good on them. Fuck that virus. I really can't wait for the day this whole shitty situation calms down.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Good for them, that's positive news and I'm sure healthcare services on the receiving end will be grateful.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
inb4 certain Era members take their networth and whine it was a tiny fraction of what their actually worth and dismiss this great gesture by them.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Doubt it I'm afraid. WOŚP is very much Poland oriented charity - I think all of their projects were aimed at national hospitals.