• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

boskee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
During today's annual investor conference, CD Projekt has announced that they have prepared strong show for this year's E3 in Los Angeles. It will be the most important E3 in CD Projekt's history, according to CEO Adam Kiciński.

When asked if E3 is the best place to announce release dates of games, they agreed. Their E3 presence will have a surprise, but no pop artist will show up.

Negotiations with Sapkowski are still ongoing, and they cannot comment on their progress.

They have also revealed that Cyberpunk 2077 marketing has reached over 250 million people through their own channels and those of influencers invited to the closed-doors demo of the game.

In other news:
- Gwent will finally receive a mobile version of the game, starting with iPhones - where it will launch in autumn 2019. Android support will come at a later date.
- CD Projekt has acquired new office building in Warsaw (next to their existing offices), which should allow company to hire another 250-300 developers.
- Witcher 3 is still selling well. Together with Thronebreaker, it has generated over $28.6 million (net) in 2018 (compared to $28.6 million net in 2017)
- GOG has only generated $7.8k net profit in 2018 on $34.5 million in sales. They burned them on R&D and operational costs.

You can watch the entire conference (with English translator) over here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdBhUN3SZ8g

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
The Witcher 3 is probably the best game I have ever played. Glad CDPR is doing well and can't wait to see what they've got planned (though I would really love a new open world Witcher game).

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
E3 2019

Cyberpunk 2077 "Gameplay demo" on stage with release date
New game announcement.

Microsoft E3 this year is going to be lit.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
That's...a lot of new hires. They must really be gearing up for something.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So good.

Can't wait for their games.

MS is going to get both games on stage aren't they?

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure they would reveal their unannounced AAA game at the same event where they will have the Cyberpunk blowout. They would want full focus on the game I would think.

But who knows... stranger things have happened...

There's always the possibility of the rumored(?) Witcher 3 Switch and a chance of remasters as well.

Mula

Banned
Jan 18, 2019
they getting bought by sony and sony shows both new games at a show called E5

;)

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i wont be surprised if CDPR are doing their own thing this time instead of appearing on MS's stage.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really know what will constitute as "their most important", because I'm not convinced their apparent second AAA game will be there. I also don't correlate it to any one particular announcement or some groundbreaking reveal.

Given that they were talking directly to investors, and these talks are usually about fluffing them up, I interpret that statement more with relativity to Cyberpunk 2077's prolific nature and the scope of the game. "The most important in the company's history" as a way for them to say they've huge intentions for the game's presence in the gaming mindshare; huge marketing push, massive stage and/or demo presence, and an overall aim to throw all the company's resources in making Cyberpunk 2077 a game that everyone knows about and wants.

That's really what investors want to hear; wanky stuff that makes them think big money is coming in the future. Ya'll gotta remember they're not speaking to their playing/paying audience with this stuff. They're speaking to investors.

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
They confirmed that the work on their next project after Cyberpunk 2077 is already underway (at 44:08). They said that the plans to release a second major game by the end of 2021 are still in place (and it's a new game, not a remake), but asked not to draw any conclusions as to what kind of game that might be.

OP
OP
boskee

boskee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
I don't really know what will constitute as "their most important", because I'm not convinced their apparent second AAA game will be there. I also don't correlate it to any one particular announcement or some groundbreaking reveal.

Given that they were talking directly to investors, and these talks are usually about fluffing them up, I interpret that statement more with relativity to Cyberpunk 2077's prolific nature and the scope of the game. "The most important in the company's history" as a way for them to say they've huge intentions for the game's presence in the gaming mindshare; huge marketing push, massive stage and/or demo presence, and an overall aim to throw all the company's resources in making Cyberpunk 2077 a game that everyone knows about and wants.

That's really what investors want to hear; wanky stuff that makes them think big money is coming in the future. Ya'll gotta remember they're not speaking to their playing/paying audience with this stuff. They're speaking to investors.

Their investor conferences are usually a clever mix of messaging targeted at both investors and gamers, eg. the Cyberpunk glitch at their previous annual conference that means nothing to investors, but generated plenty of coverage from gaming media.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Guess the next CDPR game.

- The Warlocker
- The Wizarder
- The Sorcererer
- The Magicianer
- The Conjurerer
- The Casterer
- The Divinerer
- The Mager
- The Mediumer
- The Priester

Im sure one of these will be right.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
GOG has only generated $7.8k net profit in 2018

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So, what's in store for GOG? It operated at a net profit so it's not putting them in the red, but they may be afraid that with such a small profit it could very well swing the other way.