• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
so..
cyberpunk and
the witcher trilogy remastered for ps5/xbox2 ? :P
would love any game with ciri as mc

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Color me surprised if they can develop Cyberpunk AND a Witcher 4 at the same time. What's your excuse for your low turnout, other studios (looking at you, Rockstar)?

butterbutt!

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love for #2 to be a Ciri-led Witcher but as Cyberpunk is probably coming out sometime in 2020 I can't imagine a second game of the same scale would be ready in so little time.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
Yeah, in honesty, I really cannot fathom a traditional AAA project coming from CDPR by 2021 alongside Cyberpunk 2077. While it's impossible to know exactly what's going on behind the scenes, implications have been that Cyberpunk is an all-hands-on-deck project largely due to (possibly) being well past original schedule. Years ago CDPR advertised intent to have two core teams operating interchangeably, but there's no evidence to suggest this panned out, and instead production difficulties on Cyberpunk 2077 demanded.

Unless CDPR also aim to have an expansion pack out prior to 2021, and constitute that as AAA. I could believe that.

Otherwise, what else could it be really? Unless it is a collaborative development/publishing deal.

Cyperpunk - 7/7/20
Cyperpunk Moon expansion that CDPR Krakow is working on - 2021, basically what they did with Blood and Wine

Two Games, EZ PZ. People are crazy if they think Witcher 4 is coming anytime soon. They did playtests with a female character in 2017 IIRC, but they were unsatisfied with it and it got shelved. They dropped hints at the forum meetup in late 2018 that they were doing something with the Witcher IP, but it would be a long time before anything came of it. Konrad Tomaszkiewicz was apparently working on it, but his latest CV updates indicates he's been moved to Cyperpunk, so who knows what's happened with it. Could be another TW3 situation where the Cyperpunk preproduction team had to be moved on TW3 as they needed all hands on deck to ship.

I think it's more likely the remake TW1 than release TW4 within the next 5 years.

We should also get another Witcher Tales card game before 2021. Could be that as well. They dropped hints at doing a Iorveth campaign in Thronebreaker, and seeing how that character has gotten the short end of the stick, having both Dol Blathanna in TW2 and the plague questline in TW3 cut, it's obviously something fans would appreciate.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
It has to be something cyberpunk related. They are now around 400 people or more and they are focusing on this game. No way its witcher 4 guys. Someone mentioned in here multiplayer standalone game, wich suits more than witcher. I dont want them to rush witcher :/

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at what they pulled off with Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine especially, I could see them having a 40-60 hour standalone Witcher spinoff or prequel ready to go around the time the Netflix series launches.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
For this to happen they would have to be working on 2 games at once, right? They only have one main team which means that if Cyberpunk 2077 makes 2019, they would only have 2 years to make their next AAA open-world game which doesn't seem enough for a team of around 350-400. Or they could just be doing a Witcher remaster/remake which would technically count.

Oct 31, 2017
It has to be something cyberpunk related. They are now around 400 people or more and they are focusing on this game. No way its witcher 4 guys. Someone mentioned in here multiplayer standalone game, wich suits more than witcher. I dont want them to rush witcher :/
As I already said, they confirmed multiple times across the years, and in very clear terms, that this alleged 2021 release will be another triple A RPG.

Will they stick to the schedule? Unlikely. But they weren't obfuscating at all about what this is going to be.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I really, really want them to get the license to China Mieville's New Crobuzon books.... that could be an amazing setting for a steampunky New Weird RPG.

After Cyberpunk, steampunk should be the next "thing"

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'll have both of the TW3's DLCs finished by then. Sob.

I really, really want them to get the license to China Mieville's New Crobuzon books.... that could be an amazing setting for a steampunky New Weird RPG.

FUCK YES. IT WOULD BE PERFECT.

I DIDN'T KNOW HOW MUCH I WANTED THIS UNTIL NOW.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
I think CD Project has grown enough to develop 2 major titles at the same time,or at least lay the foundations until the majority of the devs set in.

So yeah,it's not impossible at all

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Hmm a new Witcher in 2021? Or something new? Sounds crazy considering how long it has taken them with Cyberpunk 2077.

Anarkin

Oct 27, 2017
How about a remake of the original Witcher for those of us that haven't played it

The should release all the Witcher games in one box for next gen and call it The Red Box:

The Witcher and TW2 remake with the newest engine.
The Witcher 3 enhanced (E3 trailer graphics). All games with RTX support.
Thronebreaker.

Would sell 5+ million copies.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
My guess...

They may be working on a multiplayer title using the Cyberpunk IP. (GaaS?)
They may be working on a switch port of Witcher 3
They may be working on a totally new Witcher title that is not a sequel to Witcher 3.

Max Deltree

Oct 31, 2017

I like the idea that they're double-dipping into Mike Pondsmith's IPs and the other game is Castle Falkenstein, so Steampunk. :D

Jul 24, 2018
Maybe a witcher game should be a witcher game with defined protagonist? And narrative focus , ya know like previous witcher games and where CDPRs strengths lie? You can have your custom characters in elder scrolls, fallouts and dragon ages
You say this while Cyberpunk 2077 offers full customization of your protagonist.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You say this while Cyberpunk 2077 offers full customization of your protagonist.
And I would have preferred a defined protagonist in cyberpunk too, but whats done is done . And Cyberpunk is completely different IP with different design goals and approach. Me wanting a defined protagonist in next witcher game has nothing to do with Cyberpunk, despite feeling disappointed in their decision

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Cyberpunk will be 2019 release.

Edit. (I do NOT want a fully customizable character in the next Witcher)

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Cyberpunk 2077 - 2019 (PS4/XBONE/PC)
Cyberpunk 2077 GOTY Edition - 2020 (PS5/Scarlett/Stadia)
Witcher 1 Remake/Cyberpunk Multiplayer Game - 2021