• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
FePBhM-WYAANTmW

- Revamped the internal structure of the studios, focusing on building healthy, strong teams, while also introducing Agile ways of working to optimize the development process.
- Partnership with Epic Games to use Unreal Engine for future projects.
- Opening new studios in North America, in Vancouver and Boston.
- Licensing out non-core products, while opening to mobile gaming.
- Looking to introduce multiplayer features into the single player games.
- Expanding into TV & Film.

Witcher:

- The Witcher 3 next generation's upgrade still dated for this year.
- New game by Molasses By The Flood named Project Sirius, 60+ people working on it, still on pre-production, will contain multiplayer.
- Project Polaris, the first part of a new Witcher trilogy developed in-house by CDPR, 150+ people involved, aiming to release every game of the trilogy within 6 years of the first game's launch. Still on pre-production, working on creating tools to streamline development of the entire trilogy.
- Project Canis Majoris, single player open world RPG developed by a 3rd party studio of ex-Witcher veterans.

Cyberpunk:

- Project Orion, fully fledged sequel to Cyberpunk 2077, developed by CD Projekt Red America, both the Vancouver and Boston studios.
- Phantom Liberty, expansion to Cyberpunk 2077, on the final production phase, 350+ devs working on it right now.

New IP:

- Codenamed 'Project Hadar', currently on the conceptual phase, developed 100% internally.

FePCHYUXgAU1c3p

View: https://youtu.be/5EJmgTQ0O8k

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Future games to contain MP part. Everything is basically in pre-production or concept phase (except CP2077 Expansion).

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
No way they maintain that 6 year window for the new Witcher trilogy.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything is still in pre-production while they also have Cyberpunk expansion and Witcher 3 next gen update in backlog.

Their investors aren't going to be happy.

xpownz

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 13, 2020
And then I realize I'll be close to 50 years old when all this roadmap releases

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
How many people does CDPR even have? This just sounds like them planning to stretch themselves thin

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
"Third party studio from ex-Witcher veterans"
Rebel Wolves, Dark Passenger, or neither?

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
All i know is CDPR does NOT have enough employees for all this shit

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
So glad they're not giving up on Cyberpunk. When the game is actually ready, it's amazing.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I expect two games to release in 6 years.

Anyway, interested in a lot of their stuff, but Cyberpunk overall left a pretty bad aftertaste for a number of reasons.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
Lots of exciting projects, I hope I live long enough to see them all come to fruition.😅

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
Lots of games. And they want to add multiplayer. This seems to be tough to achieve. Best of luck though.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
yeah this seems WILDLY ambitious lol but what do I know about game development.

3 games in 6 years!? mamma mia. maybe they go for a more "streamlined" witcher type game, more akin to Witcher 2 where it wasn't open world.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Smaller Witcher projects makes sense, but I don't see them getting a trilogy out bi-annually. They'd have to set the games in the same landmass or link them like the Hitman games did to pull that off, and no RPG has ever done that.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
If they're planning on three witchers in six years…there'll either be no dlc or they'll be so big they'll seem like new games.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Contracting out makes sense to better utilise the Witcher IP. Wonder which game would be the one that is furthest along at the moment.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
CDPR seems to be doing an internal revamp in pumping out more content and organizing their operations better. Great to see and hope this translates into better games with a faster development pipeline.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Smaller Witcher projects makes sense, but I don't see them getting a trilogy out bi-annually. They'd have to set the games in the same landmass or link them like the Hitman games did to pull that off, and no RPG has ever done that.

Its first game releases, then within 6 years after that the next two. So one every 3 years.

SickNasty

Mar 18, 2020
If there's one thing I always associate with quality single player games, it's multiplayer.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Hopefully Cyberpunk sequel isn't crap again this time.

Also cut the transphobia and racism and treat your employees well.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Ah yes, the studio who infamously bit off more than they could chew and massively overscoped their last game announcing like six new games at once. That will definitely go well.