• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.dualshockers.com/cyberpunk-2077-detils/

Highlights:
  • Game will seemingly be at E3, with what they're showing at E3 being announced just before. Said they didn't want to confirm yet.
  • The campaign is singleplayer and very expansive, and will be the first thing they show.
  • It sounds like the multiplayer might be added post launch, but they don't want to talk about it yet. Everything is on the table in regards to it, including Battle Royale modes. This makes sense as they did a lot of the multiplayer staff hiring more recently, so they might need more time to finish that.
  • To be clear about the above, an investor asked if the multiplayer would be a Battle Royale mode, and they said anything and everything was on the table, so you shouldn't necessarily assume it's a Battle Royale mode. They're probably still deciding what all the components are, but judging by their job postings, half the multiplayer design team was just hired (which seems to be led by Krakow, who did the DLC for The Witcher 3).
  • Edit: I listened to the comment about multiplayer on the video, and I think he might have meant that more in the "First and foremost we're making an epic singleplayer game like The Witcher 3." sense as opposed to "We're releasing the game with only a singleplayer mode at launch.", with the "further extensions" being a reference to offerings beyond what The Witcher 3 had, not literal multiplayer expansion packs or updates. It's possible they intend to launch without multiplayer, but I wanted to make the ambiguity here clear so people aren't surprised if multiplayer is in at launch.
  • The game has a character creator and you can still pick your class, despite rumors. They reiterated later that the game does not have a predefined character.
  • The studio can't officially comment on next-gen as it's not announced, but assured investors their game will scale to it.
  • No microtransactions for the singleplayer mode.
  • No current plans for a Switch version.
Edit:

Since people were asking about combat, I went to go look at their Combat Designer job for Cyberpunk 2077 which gives us some hints. It asks primarily for AAA shooter experience, and lists multiple playstyles, AI companions, and both action and stealth options.

Combat Designer (Cyberpunk 2077)

DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Work with Quest Designers, Open World Designers, Level Designers and Environment Artists to design memorable combat encounters based on predefined narrative, environmental and gameplay themes.
- Take encounter "shells" delivered by other teams and using our proprietary visual scripting language; script combat AI and flow, memorable moments/set pieces and companion AI.
- Working with Level Designers and Environmental Artists, ensure level geometry serves the needs of the combat encounter.
- Work with AI Designers and AI Programmers to ensure you have the necessary control over AI to script both stealth and action based encounters.
- Dedicate yourself to understanding all player verbs, allowing yourself to craft divergent experiences that cater to all available playstyles.

REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least one AAA Shooter title shipped with a significant contribution to the combat encounter design and implementation.
Source: http://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/combat-designer/

Last edited:

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! Can't wait to see what they've been working on here. Can't believe it'll actually be at E3.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I've been anxiously waiting for this game since it was announced. Hope it's excellent. I like what I'm reading here at least.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
So yeah it's def going to be at the very least cross gen. Might inspire my first major PC upgrade depending on how nuts they go with the tech. Reeeeeeeally looking forward E3.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I reread the statement and fixed up the first point a bit, but uh, it's most likely there still.

I imagine they want some leeway in case they need more time to be ready to show it.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Asked whether the studio is considering the Nintendo Switch as a platform, Kiciński responded that when talking about CD Projekt's larger games they're focusing on the strongest platforms like high-specs PCs and consoles. As for other games, they're not planning any release on the Switch for now, but they'll see what the future brings.

GWENT for Switch would seem like a good fit....

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
So does this mean I can finally realise my dream of playing a lesbian cyborg in an open world cyberpunk game?? Pls say it is so

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cant freaking wait, hope they finally knock it out of the park with the combat. Everything else is solid already.

Uh oh at that last point.

At MS's show, right?
what?
Should I buy a PS5 for this game never bought a launch Sony console
WHAT?

lol we know next to nothing about either of those, calm down people, lets celebrate the game for a bit before it turns into another console war mess lol

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Keeping hype levels in check
Keeping hype levels in............

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Well after The Witcher 3 I'm giving all my money to cd project.

Can't wait to explore their sci fi vision.

wildbite

Oct 26, 2017
That's so great to hear we may see a glimpse of it at E3! I am also glad about being able to create our own character. It's the main reason I will play an Elder Scrolls or Fallout over The Witcher.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
People are going insane the moment it goes on screen at E3.

I guess MS stage has the highest chance? They probably want to show it on the best looking console.

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
" No current plans for a switch version " I know that people want every single game to be ported to Switch but come on, this should be pretty obvious.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
Character creator? Classes? Fuck this shit. I want the protagonist be as charismatic as Geralt. (if they still have a fully voiced protag and we just choose how he/she looks and what gameplay class is, than I take it back)

Quakeguy

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
https://www.dualshockers.com/cyberpunk-2077-detils/

Highlights:
  • Game will seemingly be at E3, with what they're showing at E3 being announced just before. Said they didn't want to confirm yet.
  • The campaign is singleplayer and very expansive, and will be the first thing they show.
  • It sounds like the multiplayer might be added post launch, but they don't want to talk about it yet. Everything is on the table in regards to it, including Battle Royale modes. This makes sense as they did a lot of the multiplayer staff hiring more recently, so they might need more time to finish that.
  • The game has a character creator and you still can pick your class, despite rumors.
  • The studio can't officially comment on next-gen as its not announced, but assured investors their game will scale to it.
  • No microtransactions for the singleplayer mode.
  • No current plans for a Switch version.

giphy.gif

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ITT: we freak out about character creator and classes in a WRPG, despite that being the standard since time immortal

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Good there's a character creator and classes. Was gonna skip the game if there wasn't.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been a while since I've been this hyped for a game. What's strange is that besides the initial reveal trailer released 5 years ago we've seen nothing of this game and my hype for it is through the roof. I never felt that way about a game I haven't seen. Holding out hope that this game will release this year.

Class system still in, yeeeeeeees. I will play a fucked up corrupt businessman and I will love it.

Great minds think alike?

I'm probably going to play through the game as each class without switching my class. If it's indept as I hope it is playing through the game as a different class would feel like you're playing a new game each time. I can't wait to take the corporate world by storm and leave a bloody trail in my rise to the top of the corporate ladder.