Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The country has given youth literally nothing to look forward to in life. Their future has been stolen and they can see it.

I'd imagine a lot of their parents aren't far behind. America can be a pretty depressing and hopeless place.
That's the only reason I keep getting up in the morning. I have a couple of nephews and nieces that I want to get mentally and financially ready. It's a sad reality when suddenly wake up and realize that your parents had no fucking idea what they were doing. Once they are good I'm done.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
As a dad I can attest to this.

Doesn't help how much negativity there is towards kids like him in this rural Florida school distract.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
One of the reasons I quit Facebook the past couple years was seeing the handful of happier families going places and enjoying life, while mine is stuck at home battling depression.

It makes me feel hopeless, almost as if the happier, more typical families are throwing it in my face. So I've been dialing myself away from others.

I'm not even the one battling depression. Sounds selfish, but I just don't want to be around others anymore who are happier than me or my family. I keep comparing and trying to match, like I'm not doing enough to help my family members deal with their clinical depression.

It's scary that this is hitting teens and even younger kids so hard.

Adults been dealing with this ahit already. Kids shouldn't have this. It's awful.

Nov 8, 2017
Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the only people I know without some form of serious disorder. I know a huge number of people with either depression or bipolar, and I'm not a "teen" I'm in my early 30s and so are most of my friends.

Some days I wonder if we're going to figure out some kind of environmental factor is causing a lot of stuff like this - the equivalent of the "oh shit, leaded petrol".