• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe if I was saying this in response to defending the tweet, sure. Unlike her I actually give a fuck about people different from me.
Shrug nothing of value would be lost.
I care, and since you posted here, you care too.

suck_it_psych.gif
Posting does not equate to caring, not sure what you think youre getting at here but the two are not synonymous with eachother.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would have said the same thing if whoever wrote the tweet didn't interject that second sentence, could have gotten the little benefit of the doubt without it.
Yep, it just sounds completely hostile and like a cheap "gotcha" tweet with the second sentence..
Even just the first sentence itself is shitty for co-opting an important hashtag for their game marketing in itself.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
if it happens once, maybe twice you kind of let it go because it can be an honest mistake, but when you start seeing a pattern like this something is going on... it's very disappointing, and you have to wonder why!?

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take microtransaction over transphobia.

Well the next Waypoint is going to be flame_emoji discussing how this is now a pattern.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Can't really give CDPR the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Whoever's running their Twitter account should get fired and they should introspect their own work environment and culture, unless they're not willing to change.

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How could they think was a smart move? Is CDPR based in Eastern Europe? Is it just a more culturally accepted thing to make these sort of comments there? Jesus.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really baffled why this is a public thing at CD Project Red specifically.

They were fairly adamant about how they will carefully handle body and soul identity in Cyberpunk.

It doesn't automatically have to have any stories about the transgender experience but you have to be totally tonedeaf and braindead to not realize how much it bears introspection on what we perceive about our forms and spirits now.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm a straight guy so having this should not affect me personally. But it still does. Why? Cause I'm not the only person living in this world. There are people out there who are fighting for something that we as human beings all deserve. The right of representation. The right to be happy. The right to live without fear of being shunned for being different. Why should I just shrug my shoulders and just plug my ears and whine about my video games?

It doesn't matter. This is more than just video games. What that Twitter post did is trivialize something that a very bad person is trying to do against millions of people. Even more in the USA here. Politics will be in video games whether you like it or not. Don't be offended that someone is upset at something that you don't care about. I didn't know much about the hash tag myself but that gives me no right to make a joke about it and then wag my fingers at the people who are mad. If I want to take something like that, I better do my freaking research beforehand.

I feel so bad for those who are suffering for being different. They didn't ask for that lunatic of a president to take their rights away. They didn't ask for this moron on Twitter to make a joke about a serious situation. And they certainly didn't ask for members of this very forum to get upset at them for bringing this to light.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
How could they think was a smart move? Is CDPR based in Eastern Europe? Is it just a more culturally accepted thing to make these sort of comments there? Jesus.
I have seen no shortage of people claim that arguments about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. are somehow some uniquely American series of complaints, acting like everywhere else in the world has figured their own shit out without a problem.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Not judging from their history, it's not.
What? All two tweets, made by twitter reps? The tweet in question seems tone deaf to me rather than an outright mocking, reminds me of that really stupid Pepsi commercial with Kendall Jenner.
I have seen no shortage of people claim that arguments about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. are somehow some uniquely American series of complaints, acting like everywhere else in the world has figured their own shit out without a problem.
I don't know about Eastern Europe but different countries are absolutely at different points in terms of progress towards tolerance.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Poland, currently governed by a far right authoritarian party on the verge of a dictatorship.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
This shit happened thrice.... THRICE, and yet some people only blames the "PR team" or only the "Community Manager"

Fuck that, this is all of CDPR a transphobic shit company, not just the PR.

Really fuck them.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
I think in this day and age it's more accurate to just assume everyone is a piece of garbage to some degree and move forward from there. Any goodness you find is just a bonus.

chiraledge

Oct 25, 2017
CDPR's been showing their true colors. Each time makes me absolutely sick. I don't feel at all comfortable supporting their games.

Comic

Nov 14, 2017
Atlanta, GA
What? All two tweets, made by twitter reps? The tweet in question seems tone deaf to me rather than an outright mocking, reminds me of that really stupid Pepsi commercial with Kendall Jenner.

How does that saying go? Once is chance, two times a coincidence, three times a pattern? Like maybe the first time was just a dude who doesn't represent the company's ideals. Maybe the second time meant there were more than one. Now we're seeing there are either a good number of people who would make transphobic jokes or they really don't care if their CM is transphobic. Either way.

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
User Banned (7 days): Driveby, downplaying of transphobia, ignoring mod post.
One dumbass doesn't equal an entire company.

Spedfrom

Oct 27, 2017
Suddenly I feel a whole lot better about not liking the only games of them I've bought/played, The Witcher 1 and 3.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017

PR 101 - one dumbass can easily equal an entire company in the eyes of the public. And that's been so for a long long time. Like, at this point, CDPR are either just bad at business, or are fully aware that the trans-phobic community is a big pile of cash, and like dog-whistling to them.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games of all time. It's super disappointing to see these unacceptable comments come from this company.

That said, I'm not convinced boycotting their games and banning discussion of their games is the answer. That's punishing a group of individuals who had nothing to do with the tweets. I sincerely hope that whoever has made the tweets (and whoever allowed it to happen 3 times) has been fired. I respect people who decide to boycott them, but that won't be me.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
It sure is weird that said dumbass has done this kind of shit three times

If its not the same person, then its a trend of dumbasses, how many more could there be? Why do they keep popping up?

If it is the same person, why havent they been fired yet?

Thing about businesses that are much bigger and yet they havent had this kind of disgusting behavior, isnt that strange? Its almost like CDPR doesnt punish people that do these things, and not punishing is enabling their toxic attitude.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
That's 3. Too many good games these days to worry about missing out on ones made by a company willing to ignore this bullshit from their PR dept.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
This goes beyond simple tone deafness at this point: it's malicious mockery. Fuck them.

Dragnipur

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
When someone at my company did something dumb, and not to mention they were one of the best salesmen we had, they got fired. Then they proceeded to join a competitive company, became a salesman there, and swung $10MM+ worth of business from us to that company (which was 40% of our revenue). Definitely showed our company had morals. Should be easy enough to fire this guy.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
It's entirely possible for businesses to exert pressure on CDPR. Just like advertisers withdrew support from some Fox News hosts, EA, Paradox, Deep Silver, Ubisoft and a whole host of other companies could threaten to not renew contracts if GOG continue to act in a morally/ethically questionable manner.

People are asbolutely fine with companies not staying with Valve or GOG or Sony or MS when it comes to financial decisions, so how about we expect more when it comes to taking a moral stand?

This is a good point. Not sure how easy it would be to get devs to pull their contracts. Fullbright seems like a good starting point given they were the first (possibly the only?) to pull out of PAX one year over similar events.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
When someone at my company did something dumb, and not to mention they were one of the best salesmen we had, they got fired. Then they proceeded to join a competitive company, became a salesman there, and swung $10MM+ worth of business from us to that company (which was 40% of our revenue). Definitely showed our company had morals. Should be easy enough to fire this guy.
I didn't realize this social media rep was such an integral facet of CDPR's games. Can't risk losing such a valuable person!

Status
Not open for further replies.