• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yeh

grupa_cd_projekt_sa.jpg

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
If I made a tweet like this on our company account I'd either be on a final warning or fired immediately, and we only have a few hundred followers. Absolute garbage, they're beyond the stage of deserving clemency after this string of repeat offenses, it's pretty clear this kind of attitude runs straight through the company.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I see they're as mature as their dialogue writing in their upcoming game.

Fucking assholes.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't their first time across their accounts. This is no mistake or accident. Whoever runs their accounts is transphobic and is unapologetically so.

The fact that CDPR allows this to continue makes me believe they are complicit and don't care. I love the Witcher series but unless they publically apologize and do something substantial to prove it isn't empty words, I've no intentions of supporting them ever again.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Huh that makes a lot of sense now that CDPR runs GOG considering how one of the few AAA devs on the platform. I always thought they where just close partners or something, anywho the dipshit in charge of the account needs to be fired.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's a really shitty thing to do... and it's pretty clear they know the context from the tweet as well. So no pleading ignorance this time.

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that this has become a pattern of behaviour is really troubling, and (correct me if I'm wrong) no one has ever been fired over this stuff. At a certain point it stops being an accident.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's certainly the community manager behind that account being a shithead.

OP
OP
Flammable D

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think that's tone deaf really, more like it's designed to be deliberately antagonistic.

(Or I actually don't know what "tone deaf" really means despite seeing it here so much)

Wonder what's going on over there.
"Tone deaf" is a phrase so they can pretend their faves didn't do anything wrong

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
IIRC CDPR established it and wholly owns it. I believe GOG is a subsidiary of CDPR (and not vice versa).

So--yes, for real.
Both are owned by CD Projekt proper (the Polish publisher), IIRC.
Yes. It's their distribution platform now. There's a reason games like Gwent and Thronebreaker are GOG exclusives.
Alright, thanks.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
User Banned (1 week): inflammatory generalizations
Aren't this guys Polish? I live in Germany and there are living many polish people here. I sincerely can say I have never met a polish person personally who was not a homophobe/anti lgbt...they are very conservative people so this shocks me not.

I don't say they are non progressive polish people, I juts never came across one and I met many of them.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think that's tone deaf really, more like it's designed to be deliberately antagonistic.

(Or I actually don't know what "tone deaf" really means despite seeing it here so much)

Wonder what's going on over there.
It's probably nothing special. It's the same thing with all these incidents: These companies continue to hire people who are either ignorant of or deliberately opposed to the issues of the marginalized. This kind of tweet can only come from someone who only barely thinks of trans issues and doesn't have any empathy for them at all.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
If your job is to tweet for a company and you can't even both to read 1 or 2 tweets associated with the hashtag you are trying to co-opt, then what exactly are you doing for your job?

Yeah... Mistake my ass.

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The rest of CDPR may be sweet little angels but this certainly makes them look like absolute horrid cunts
If I was a dev working there then I would surely raise hell about this.

Shit man, as much as we make fun of UBISOFT, at least they don't pull shit like this.
Even Daniel Vavra seems like a reasonable dude now.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
CDPR contuining to be disgusting on Social Media.

Disgraceful, Won't be getting a penny more from me.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
People at game companies love to respond and tweet. The more you do it, the higher chance someone doing tweets will say something dumb.

Pretty sure everyone's local water company has a 0% risk of making dumb tweets. They probably don't even have a twitter account representing it.

Okay, so, if I look at e.g. Blizzard's official twitter account I'd be bound to find some racist remark or other faux-pas because they're a gaming company after all and just can't help themselves and it's just a matter of time? Like every person using voice chat in an online game is bound to say the n-word eventually!

It's not like there's some predisposition. Nope, not at all. Everything's fine and dandy.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Getting harder to brush this aside as one person's mistake, shouldn't project that mistake upon the company, etc.
When you keep fucking up it's almost like you aren't fucking up

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Question is whether their twitter account is run by people living in Poland and if so what is their political affiliation. Given the religious and conservative government that is in power over there atm and their continued efforts to curtail women's right among other things. Essentially, it would be akin to putting a Trump-scum in charge without any oversight.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Except they showed in the 2nd line that they knew what the hashtag was about, and it's not the first time they've targeted transfolk

Fuck giving them the benefit of the doubt for the third time

Right. The second line being the bad joke. A friend of mine did a #MeToo when he got bad diarrhea from Taco Bell.

I don't know anything about their past in the situation though.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
As many already mentioned, fucked giving benefit of doubt when it's a repeated pattern like this. This is just disgusting repeated behavior.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to think (not really but you never know) this is a really bad marketing idea they came up with for their upcoming game. Maybe the robot in Cyberpunk can be transgender or something and they want the bad publicity now, to come out like heroes later.
That would be the stupidest idea ever however... i just dont understand how a big company like this would do this

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Reads to me like a bad joke not an attack on trans people
The "joke" only works by robbing the meaning of the hashtag from people who are literally in danger of losing their rights here in the US. Whether it's a direct FU to trans people or not matters very little when making the joke at all is an act of minimization and disdain in the first place.

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
User Banned (1 month): Junior account, downplaying transphobia
I'm sorry but where exactly are they making fun of the movement or criticize it? This is just a use of a political hashtag in a dumb way, but I don't see wrong intentions here.

They basically say "they might take trans rights away in the US, but we won't take your PC games away", which is a dumb and insensitive thing to say perhaps, but not transphobic

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assume their pr staff are all based in Poland and so are out of the loop for a lot of this kind of stuff, but part of working for a globally relevant company should involve finding out what the hashtag you're using is actually about.

It takes two second to read the hashtag and figure out what its meaning and decide from there, it's what I do whenever I see a hashtag.

Man, everyone should just chill.

Here, have a drink.
kendall-jenner-pepsi.jpg

WaitFUCK!

I remember that...man Pepsi were so full of themselves with that advert and I am glad that it backfired on them.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The rest of CDPR may be sweet little angels but this certainly makes them look like absolute horrid cunts
If I was a dev working there then I would surely raise hell about this.

Shit man, as much as we make fun of UBISOFT, at least they don't pull shit like this.
Even Daniel Vavra seems like a reasonable dude now.
Ubisoft actually goes out of its way to include LGBT people in their games.

I'm sorry but where exactly are they making fun of the movement or criticize it? This is just a use of a political hashtag in a dumb way, but I don't see wrong intentions here.
Do you have any idea what the hashtag is about?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
The second sentence makes it pretty clear that the use of the hashtag in this way was deliberate, fuck outta here with "bad joke", "didn't understand the hashtag" bs

Fishious

Oct 27, 2017
This just keeps happening so clearly GOG has a problem. A shame, because I used to recommend them to all my friends, but I won't be doing that any more.

Oct 27, 2017
You should never inject these kinds of messages or jokes as a business, regardless of your personal feelings on the issue. Hell, we even had a chapter on this very thing in business ethics class. Politics aside, their social media representative needs released just for exhibiting poor business sense and lack of awareness on how this affects employees and overall image that social media account represents.

Status
Not open for further replies.