• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I'm gonna actually look like this soon if y'all keep this up

42.jpg

once again for those in the back, for safety

Don't post something that could lead to someone's personal information being found. We don't know which individual made the tweet, only that it was someone on GOG/CDPR's social media team.

If you have to ask, don't do it.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That reason makes sense. So it's OK to post about an individual's history as long as we can confirm that they are the one responsible for the acts in question.

Understandable that we do not want to jump the gun on assuming that specific person is in charge for these three tweets and follow up apologies.

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
Sorry again - I fucked up. The original tweet in the thread (which I embedded) was OK but the follow-ups weren't and I hadn't seen them at the time of posting. I'll be more careful in future.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck me, that's how bad that site is now? Glad that place crashed and burned
After hiatus there was a thread regarding gamergate in which nearly everyone there was gaslighting and using the "ethics in journalism" bullshit while saying it was never a sexual harassment campaign. It's full on alt right dumpster fire.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
use fucking google then

"Lol look at how ignorant I am of the LGBT community, right bros?
It's fine to not know what those mean but your comment is unnecessary

But do you understand how to use Google? If you're gonna be an ass, then just leave.

One of two things is happening here.
  1. You're falling for a troll, or
  2. You're letting your annoyance at someone with a (admittedly glaring) lack of knowledge push you to make impolite comments.
One way or the other, it solves nothing. We all (yes, me as well) need to be better than this.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
Rather than this statement, how about explaining it, or not saying anything at all instead of an annoyed sounding comment like this.

The vitriol in this thread is causing splash damage.
It's ok. The thread's moving pretty fast and I don't take offense so easily. Plus I'm browsing multiple threads so this was bound to happen. It's all good. :)

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio

newgamewhodis

Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn
I guess I don't get the difference between this and Daniel Vávra of Warhorse Studios. Both represented their companies while posting dismissive or hateful shit. Is it merely because Vávra was out there publicly showing his face and going by his real name rather than posting behind the guise of a social media account?
First, you have no proof that that person is actually behind this, or either of the other two tweets. It's an assumption. LinkedIn is not confirmation. Social media can be run by one person, but, especially on a larger scale, it is often run by a team.

Second, you're giving out personal information to someone who has not elected to give it out. Combine the two and you've created a situation that can easily lead to one person getting blamed and becoming a target for doxxing that may or may not have anything to do with the situation at hand.

The fault lies with the company and their social media team, for not training and not righting these issues the first couple of times it happened. If CDPR had made this mistake once, and then apologized and worked to correct it, I doubt emotions would be as high as they are now.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Being LGBT myself (Gay but realized I'm Pan after being with a Trans ftm) it really saddens me how much the Transgender community still has to claw for respect , so many people view them as an afterthought . I'm glad this isn't the case here in this forum.

Sorry if i ask, what is pan?

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017

No, be better than a shitty internet comment. We're just doing what the right has been doing when we spit in directions like this.

Legitimate bigotry in all its forms deserves to be called out. If that post was made with bad intentions, then a mod could ban the poster, easy as that. But piling on rudely isn't a solution.

newgamewhodis

Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn
I'm gonna actually look like this soon if y'all keep this up

42.jpg

once again for those in the back, for safety
Maybe you can attach it to OP? It seems like you post this warning and then after it gets buried a page or two in, someone new comes around and tries to post the LinkedIn/article as if its new information.

Of course, you'd hope they'd...read...or just know intuitively that personal information on the internet is never the right move. But thisisresetera.jpg

OP
OP
Flammable D

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
No, be better than a shitty internet comment. We're just doing what the right has been doing when we spit in directions like this.

Legitimate bigotry in all its forms deserves to be called out. If that post was made with bad intentions, then a mod could ban the poster, easy as that. But piling on rudely isn't a solution.
Maybe they shouldn't be dismissive and shitty then

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, I got a warning on Resetera the other day because in the thread about the Filip Miucin plagiarism I joked that he should move to China. Today I got banned for three days because in a thread about Niki Minaj that started to fixate on her butt I made the horrible comment " I'd smack that. " I... don't really feel at home at that forum. I know it's not 9gag, but "No fun allowed" seems to be the Prime Directive there now.

You seem like a nice pice of work who fails to learn your lessons.

Oct 25, 2017
As a fan of CDPR's creative output, this fucking sucks, and I'm very happy to see this forum, and others in the industry, calling the company and parent company out on this. My fandom is gonna take a backseat to a very real issue -- games are for everyone, and in a time when peoples' humanity is being threatened we don't get to sit out the controversy just because we like a thing those developers are involved with. We should expect better, and demand better, from the people who control the distribution and creation of entertainment.

I was going to buy the new Witcher game. I want to. I'm not going to.

I've used GoG to purchase a few titles. I will not purchase anything from them for the time being.

What I want to see is everyone involved in this. CDPR needs to apologize, for real, but more than that, we need to stand together, pooling our resources, to make sure that this issue is dealt with, that the PR persons responsible for this are fired, and that we have a guarantee from them that this won't happen again. It's unacceptable. If you're involved with games media: write about this. You have a moral responsibility to do so. If you're a gamer: demand that CDP/GOG right this wrong before purchasing any of their games. If you are a game developer who has a product on GOG, demand that they apologize and fire the PR persons responsible before you put your product back on their platform. Also: use your platform. If you have a twitter account, write about this. If you go to streams on Twitch with people promoting their new game, let the streamer know what is going on and ask them to reconsider.

If you genuinely like CDPR as a company and want to see them and their games succeed, call them out on this. Make them better. Make them stand with our friends here who need our support.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flammable D

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Oh ok, i still dont understand but i'll google pansexuality, thanks.
The gist (as I understand it as a straight cis dude) is gay: attracted to same gender, bi: attracted to male and female, pan: attracted to all gender identities

Obviously there's some overlap in bi and pan depending on how people choose to identify with these concepts

MEGrika

Oct 25, 2017
Told them to delete my account 5 hours ago and still haven't heard anything back. So done with them.

Throwing my vote behind deleting threads that promote GOG/CDPR on Era. We don't need to be promoting these hateful assholes here. The trans community deals with enough shit already, we don't need a company that hates us constantly being praised and accepted here.

Christine

Oct 25, 2017
Gone
If that's the case, then the mods could/should/would (rightly) kick them in the ass.

Being rude and mean belittles US, not them. Frankly, the only thing that happens when we quote shit and respond with a 'fuck you, stupid' is spread the smell of it. Nothing else.

Being rude and mean to bigots is actually morally praiseworthy and to be encouraged

Status
Not open for further replies.