• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

CDP tweets trash tweet about trans people AGAIN this time from GOG (Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn
After looking at the terrible Twitter threads, I saw that GG'er/anti-SJW/raging ball of hate speech Ian Miles Cheong has already posted a YT video accusing ResetEra (by name!) and "a hateful mob of journalists" of doxxing CDPR/GOG even though the mod team here has continually been taking steps to ensure that nothing of the sort happens.

It's always the same, isn't it? The left has some conversation...some fools bring up some doxxing materials...the alt-right Youtubers latch onto those small comments as evidence of a "doxxing campaign/witch hunt" even though no such thing exists, and their pro-GG base is entertained and gets to laugh at the left and their trust in GOG/CDPR is reaffirmed. The ones who profit are the YTers and, by extension, GOG/CDPR.

I think it's more than a pattern at this point. GOG/CDPR's refusal to apologize, refusal to condemn the GG base, and in fact, their consistency in catering to them via social is condemnable. They have good writers, they have good artists, they have a smart team - and yet they waste that good will and talent on shit like this.

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 31, 2017
More like "let the mods kick them outta here, it ain't worth bringing myself to their level."

There's no discussion to be had. They're wrong, they're evil, and when they've been in power, they've killed millions. Freeze peach let's 'em say whatever they want and not end up in jail, but it's not like they're allowed to hang around here for long.

Apr 15, 2018
The tweet makes it clear that the person tweeting it knew what they were doing, and considering that it's not the first time that happened and CDPR's social media people are still as bigoted as before, it seems to be the company's point of view. Gross.

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No. I want him to tell me what he mean. I don't understand the relationship between not making an opinion known and being a transphobic.
It's fairly simple.

There are some issues where you can't just be indifferent to. You can't not have an opinion on the Holocaust. You can't not have an alternate viewpoint regarding slavery. There are topics where impartiality and/or apathy implies some very pernicious things about one's character. That applies to transphobia as well.

Imagine discussing pedophilia with someone who goes on to comment, "oh, pedophilia. Meh, I'm neutral." Would that not strike you as disturbing? While what GOG has done here isn't nearly as heinous, treating bigotry as a punchline or a fleeting issue either means you're explicitly in favour of discrimination or just don't give a shit about it at all.

How would you feel about someone who doesn't give a shit about discrimination?

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's more than a pattern at this point. GOG/CDPR's refusal to apologize, refusal to condemn the GG base, and in fact, their consistency in catering to them via social is condemnable. They have good writers, they have good artists, they have a smart team - and yet they waste that good will and talent on shit like this.
CDP has definitely DESTROYED their image in the last few months thanks to their social media team. between creating a mega successful game like witcher 3 and running a store than many people love, they had a lot of goodwill but i really don't understand how they're ruining all that by aligning themselves with gamergate. any decent company would have handled this situation much better (mostly by not letting there be a situation after the first time), but all these repeated tweets and lackluster (or downright offensive) responses have really made them seem like a horrible company.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
You are uncapable to call me transphobic in a direct way? You did it subliminally through a rhetorical question. Now please, confront your previous question and answer if you have time.
definitely don't have time for you and your bullshit trolling and thread derailing. this is my last reply to you.

I think you overestimate how much the general public cares.
i'm talking for their fans that do care.

Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Their response is pathetic. Fucking pathetic. It's more of a non-apology than ever. I really thought they'd hang whoever it is this time. But I have to concede it's clear to me now they have too many people there complicit or otherwise. The tweet was obviously, deliberately an aggression.

Oct 26, 2017
They didn't email asking for last 4 digits to the card you used? Mine was quick, as soon as I have the numbers, I got my account deleted. Hopefully it gets sorted out for you :)
I'm actually still waiting for action after getting my initial confirmation email that they got the request. It's been a few hours here.

May 29, 2018
CDP has definitely DESTROYED their image in the last few months thanks to their social media team. between creating mega a mega successful game like witcher 3 and running a store than many people love, they had a lot of goodwill but i really don't understand how they're ruining all that by aligning themselves with gamergate. any decent company would have handled this situation much better (mostly by not letting there be a situation after the first time), but all these repeated tweets and lackluster (or downright offensive) responses has really made them seem like a horrible company.
When they announced they were opening the doors to Visual Novels this summer when Valve started clamping down on them I had a hard time not parsing it as a "free speech" dog whistle. I still stand by that interpretation and events like this just reinforce my belief to be highly skeptical of their motivations.

(This is also not a dig by any means at VN developers or fans. I generally disagree with Valves handling of the content on their store, but GOG's press statement about the policy change reeked)

Oct 27, 2017
They have 153 posts since November 2017 and a good chunk of them are in here. Troll harder my dude
it's actually 95% posts in screenshot threads, the sudden interest in a social issue (well, an interest to try to shut down people angry over a social issue) is a thing that makes me go "hmmm.."

his avatar certaintly is

what the fuck is happening there
yeah. what the eff.

Redcrayon

Zoinks!
Oct 27, 2017
UK
You are uncapable to call me transphobic in a direct way? You did it subliminally through a rhetorical question. Now please, confront your previous question and answer if you have time.
How on Earth are you able to understand such concepts as rhetorical and subliminal messaging, but somehow are only able to take it as literally as possible that another poster claiming that they don’t understand terms like LGBT, bi-and pan-sexuality in the context of this thread is doing so as a genuine declaration of ignorance? You seem willing to bend over backwards to give the benefit of the doubt to a post that reads like an offhand driveby dismissing the legitimacy of some people’s existence in this thread, while claiming that you are a victim of pedantry and trolling. It’s transparent as fuck.

Edit: another year-old burner account gone.

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
After looking at the terrible Twitter threads, I saw that GG'er/anti-SJW/raging ball of hate speech Ian Miles Cheong has already posted a YT video accusing ResetEra (by name!) and "a hateful mob of journalists" of doxxing CDPR/GOG even though the mod team here has continually been taking steps to ensure that nothing of the sort happens.

It's always the same, isn't it? The left has some conversation...some fools bring up some doxxing materials...the alt-right Youtubers latch onto those small comments as evidence of a "doxxing campaign/witch hunt" even though no such thing exists, and their pro-GG base is entertained and gets to laugh at the left and their trust in GOG/CDPR is reaffirmed. The ones who profit are the YTers and, by extension, GOG/CDPR.

can't imagine caring about ian, but: it's an age old tactic. the right is creatively bankrupt, and frequently apes tactics from the left in poor faith. they see victims in marginalized communities & in turn make martyrs of themselves and feign victimhood. from fascism to wars on christmas to "why is there no white history month" type bullshit, its what they do

as a bonus they say dumb shit like virtue signaling to hardcore project a framework so broken, they can't even picture someone giving a shit about others without gaining something

I think you overestimate how much the general public cares.
this is sadly true - if more gaming circles actually took a stance to shut down bigotry, we wouldn't have had gg to begin with

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's fine to allow bigots to have their beliefs. So long as they know they aren't acceptable in society and cannot be expressed without being clamped down on, so that it's left festering silently in their heads until they're lowered into the casket instead of being spread to the outside world and having any actual effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.