• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
i encourage mods to ban all cdpr and cyberpunk discussion.

this forum shouldn't be a place where actively transphobic people and their products get promoted.

No. We should discuss this. There are so many people who need to know thr true nature of CDPR, there are lots of readers who are not informed. We need to call them out.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
So instead of continuing to research, read up, and try to understand, you immediately begin waving away the shitty behavior when you yourself know that you don't understand the context? Why? That doesn't make sense

How did I wave it away by saying it was a bad joke? OP could have provided more context of their past with it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who knew nothing about it and read the tweet that way.

Take your anger out on CDPR.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Like most things in life (Kanye, Athletes, or any form of entertainment) for me, I don't spend my hard earned money on them for political statements - I pay them cause they entertain me.

Really could not care any less. They make good games, I'll buy them. Rockstar makes their employee work 100 hour weeks? I'm still buying the game.
Thanks for letting us know how little you care about transphobia.

Oct 25, 2017
vufGcUN.jpg

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, way to be a generalizing jerk about an entire nation of people, while being mad at a maybe attempt at insulting another group of people.

Never heard about this hashtag myself, but I don't spend that much time in twitter culture, much less political stuff because it's so toxic and partisan now.

I'm willing to give CDPR the benefit of the doubt, but they should have better PR people making these messages if they're offending people that easily on the same issue. From a business standpoint, I can't see why they consciously do this when it just gets them negative PR.

Because whoever runs their social media is a bad person/are bad people.

Curious, how many more times do you plan on giving them the benefit of the doubt?

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Given how social media accounts are usually run at a AAA studio (either by a PR agency or an internal community or marketing team), I doubt many people outside of that specific team approved or even saw this so it's not reflective of the company at large.

The team responsible for doing, twice now? Yeah, fuck them. They should know better than this. Senior Leadership should really hold them to account, but we'll see what happens.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With a thread like this, I would like to remind people that the report function exists and reccommend it be used even if you're not 100% sure a post is report worthy. These are not times when we should let dismissing transphobia go without even a slap on the wrist.

Quoting for the new page since it was buried at the near bottom.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if i see the phrase "tone deaf" one more fucking time...
at one point does it become obvious that they're doing this deliberately and are perfectly aware of their "tone" and what it conveys?

Oct 25, 2017
That bloviating ballsack in the White House is preparing to enact a policy that would strip basic rights from transgender people in the United States. People are rightfully incensed, going on social media with that very prominent hashtag to make it abundantly clear that their basic human rights are not up for debate, that they will not quietly slink away into the ether and that their lives are just as valuable as anyone else. This asshole running GOG's social media decides to deliberately co-op a serious hashtag just to make a shitty, trivial joke about classic PC games and that last sentence in the deleted tweet makes it perfectly clear that they knew what they were doing. Nor is this CD Projekt's first rodeo with regards to shitty tweets that look like they're deliberately pandering to the Gamergate crowd to be a coincidence - or even their first stint with casual transphobia.

Yup, that's definitely a nope from me, fam. Thanks for making it even more easy for me to decide that Cyberpunk 2077 ain't worth it.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
I'd wager it has something to do with the Trump admin using science to "prove" transgender-ism(?) doesn't exist.

Greater context here.

Oh, I see. To be honest is not the first time that I see a company's Twitter account hijacking a hashtag tag is trending to bring attention to themselves even when it is a serious issue like this one. I really don't get why they keep doing it, as time and time again I have seemed various examples when they use on their own context even when they are aware what the hashtag is really about. I remember that John Oliver covered this topic 4 years ago when DiGiorno made use of the #WhyIStayed hashtag, which was about why victims of domestic violence choose to stay with the abuser to sell pizza:

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is clearly a pattern now, there's no denying it. They're clearly an anti-LGBT company and people need to call them out on it.

i encourage mods to ban all cdpr and cyberpunk discussion.

this forum shouldn't be a place where actively transphobic people and their products get promoted.

Until they take measure to address and prevent this shit again, as well as actually apologize, I'm 100% for this.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Not surprising.

Can't wait to see what pathetic attempt at an excuse they come out with this time. What happened to the guy who posted the apology on here last time?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
At this point it should at least be a clear indicator that their CM should be investigated and fired. Come the fuck on CDPR, if you can't see the pattern, then you are 120% complicit and supportive of this behavior

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Given how social media accounts are usually run at a AAA studio (either by a PR agency or an internal community or marketing team), I doubt many people outside of that specific team approved or even saw this so it's not reflective of the company at large.

The team responsible for doing, twice now? Yeah, fuck them. They should know better than this. Senior Leadership should really hold them to account, but we'll see what happens.
Third time now.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Someone make a bingo so at least we can have some fun with the dumb responses next time the GoG twitter account makes a specifically transphobic joke like they have in the past as well as now.
What was the first one?
They posted a picture of some CDPR guys at Gamescom and when a fan asked for more footage they said this
qhuaf145cfh11.png

less

Oct 25, 2017
It's 100% condoned by CDPR. If they didn't agree, they would issue a statement immediately saying their social media manager has been fired and their views do not reflect those of CDPR. The silence is deafening.

Yes, the lack of statement is saying a considerable amount about CDPR. Even if, against all odds, the company as a whole does not approve of these statements...the fact that someone hasn't been fired over this already says a lot about their willingness to stand against it. Even if someone is fired later it will give the impression that CDPR dragged their feet and may have been reluctant to do so.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
This is just fucking pathetic. What is even the point other than to make an ass of yourself?

An ignorant ass, at that.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
What a nasty company
Yuck
They should team up with fucking square enix and be deplorable together

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not to rock the boat, but reality check: most the people making CDPR games or running GOG likely consider LGBT stuff "unnatural" and "wrong". That's just how Poland is. I don't think I'm being unfair either: https://www.equaldex.com/region/poland If I recall correctly, homosexuality was considered a disease until the 90s, and it's still not illegal to gay bash or do things like that.

If it wasn't "a bad look", I highly doubt CDPR would give two fucks about LGBT rights. It definitely seems like Western publisher pressures and government grants are the only reason they try to look "open-minded".
Yup, this sadly. People need to realize where CDPR is located. This certianly won't be the last time someone at the company expresses themselves in such ways, even if it's not online.
Their twitter grunt is an asshole and they let this shit rock so they are also assholes

Pretty simple
If you think their twitter grunt is the only one at CDPR thinking like that you are mistaken I'm affraid.

Dizagaox

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
London
Who is boycotting Cyberpunk?
Why even bring this up? Very few people here boycott anything when it comes to games - much easier to whack a few choice words on ResetEra than it is to impede on their enjoyment of a game. I'm not going to "@" anyone, but it was just last week one member posted they were going to "go indie" in the wake of the 100 hours scandal, and just a few minutes ago they posted they can't wait to traverse the RDR2 map on Friday.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
fuck CDPR

never going to buy their games now

i mean, not that i would anyway, because they can't design combat worth a damn, but knowing they are actual pieces of shit makes the decision to stay away that much easier

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
This is not an "explainable mistake" anymore. This is a deliberate pattern of practice by the GOG social media team in support of GamerGate and bigoted groups. And, in so far as the person behind this account has not been immediately fired, this represents the condoning of these bigoted views by CD Projekt.

I bought the whole Witcher trilogy, and I was excited for Cyberpunk, but I can't financially support this company anymore if this is what they want to stand for. It's always a shame when people with creative talent turn out to be personal scum. Oh well.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
CDPR got internal people reading social media/gaming forums(this very site) frequently, and are not living under a rock. They know exactly what they're doing which makes them tweet(s) even more disgusting.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"how is that for a use of a hashtag"

Yeah, this wasn't something they stumbled on to. This was deliberate. Fuck that shit as if I needed another reason to support Humble instead of them.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like most things in life (Kanye, Athletes, or any form of entertainment) for me, I don't spend my hard earned money on them for political statements - I pay them cause they entertain me.

Really could not care any less. They make good games, I'll buy them. Rockstar makes their employee work 100 hour weeks? I'm still buying the game.

Not crossing streams here. If CDPR were elected officials, then I'd have an issue. But thank heaven almighty that they're not.
Ignorance. If CDPR hires people who spout off transphobic comments and you buy a game, you're paying their salaries. You're giving them money they can then turn round and use to make the lives of anyone who isn't like them worse.

So feel good about yourself, I personally think your opinion is worth shit on this one.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The person that is in charge of GOG's twitter account, someone whose job description is writing tweets, thought this was a good idea.

Think about that the next time you feel imposter syndrome at work.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm done giving them money. If this was a one-time thing I would chalk it up to failed comedy, but there is a clear pattern here.

Deleted member 1238

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there comes a point where you're so tone deaf there's really no excuse. You know what that hashtag is about if you've seen it. You should know that's probably not a hashtag you should make fun of to promote your dumb classic games. And this isn't the first blunder by CDPR. People on their social media team should be fired. That's what I'd do after this many mistakes.

I don't think they're trying to trash on transgender people but that's still no excuse. They fucked up too many times for the sake of trying to be clever. Something has to change in that department.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Not crossing streams here. If CDPR were elected officials, then I'd have an issue. But thank heaven almighty that they're not.

Again, why feel the need to come into the thread to let every know you don't care about trans issues? Why are you so eager to announce that entertainment is more important to you than marginalized people? I mean, I guess I appreciate being able to mentally ignore your garbage views the next time you show up in a topic, but I'm struggling to see what your rational is for wanting that kind of attention.

Hakk92

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): dismissing transphobia, history of severe infractions
Are people seriously talking about the "true nature" of a company based on 2 tweets ?

AshleySchaefferKia

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 5, 2018
Thanks for letting us know how little you care about transphobia.

It's more like I'm willing to separate political beliefs when spending my money.

I think Kanye is a whack job, but I'll pay to see him because he entertains me. I think we'd be lying to ourselves here if we didn't realize some of our favorite artists and entertainers are milkshake ducks lying in wait.

I'm just honest enough with myself to know that I'm a hypocrite if I stopped playing CDPR's games when I still listen to Elvis and the Beatles, so I just carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.