• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but where exactly are they making fun of the movement or criticize it? This is just a use of a political hashtag in a dumb way, but I don't see wrong intentions here.

They basically say "they might take trans rights away in the US, but we won't take your PC games away", which is a dumb and insensitive thing to say perhaps, but not transphobic

learn to read the room, it'll do you wonders in life bro.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ, if you support this company, you are supporting a company that is actively hurting and making fun of LGBT folks, point blank. I'm a gay man but I won't stand for this shit for my trans friends.

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean why would you even present yourself like this?
Who does this? You want to maximize profits, you want to appeal to everyone

Who finds this funny?

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Once again CDPR trashing trans people in order to promote their game.

I can't wait for the "oh we just didn't know!" excuse to pop up again.

But hey, I know how this goes. People will be upset by it, and then all the people excited for Cyberpunk will come along and decide that defending transphobia is a productive use of their time. The same couple dozen of posters will try and keep sanity alive but there'll just be an endless stream of new posters following the exact same formula of "politely" asking why we should treat trans people with basic human respect like it isn't obvious.

I'm so goddamn tired of this. There'll be some half hearted apology in six hours and that'll be it. People will stop talking about it and it may as well have not happened. Then in two months they'll spout off another round of bigotry and the cycle will start again.

This isn't just a single guy. Either this is multiple people from the company across an extended period of time, or this is a single person who's company still sees fit to allow them to represent them.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sorry but where exactly are they making fun of the movement or criticize it? This is just a use of a political hashtag in a dumb way, but I don't see wrong intentions here.
By using the hashtag to literally sling video games. If I used the Sandy Hook Massacre to promote the sale of chewing gum, that wouldn't exactly be treating that event or the people involved with the gravity deserved.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not one to usually jump quickly on an anger mob. Usually I try to understand the situation as best as I can before jumping on the attack.

But at this point CDPR has shown a disturbing consistency around these topics and its clear at this point there is something intentional going on. I'm sure not everyone who works at the studio has these fucked up stances but you dont just "make a mistake" this many times.

CDPR needs to clean their shit up.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't see a problem when a company exploits a hastag about a very serious issue for a marginalized group of people for promotion?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Tone deaf" is just an excuse people are using so they can guiltlessly buy Cyberpunk.

Just own up to it, bruh.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Yeah, I don't care about how excited I was when Cyberpunk's trailer dropped, I'm not giving one cent to a bunch of regressive asswipes.

rumplestilts

May 30, 2018
And like I said earlier, I know nothing about their past. I just said that's how it reads to me. Because the entire thing is confusing to read.
So instead of continuing to research, read up, and try to understand, you immediately begin waving away the shitty behavior when you yourself know that you don't understand the context? Why? That doesn't make sense

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
To the people on the defense, it's okay guys, enjoy Cyberpunk & Witcher, I mean why should you care? Doesn't affect you right?

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Using the hashtag seems like it could have been an honest mistake, that comment afterwards though I'm not so sure anymore

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They basically say "they might take trans rights away in the US, but we won't take your PC games away", which is a dumb and insensitive thing to say perhaps, but not transphobic

Bigot defense force right on time.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
fucking trash. when it keeps happening again ans again and again it can't be a mistake. this is just how they are.
at this point i have a very low opinion of people who choose to explicitly declare their support for them

Jun 1, 2018
All big gaming sites would write tons of articles about it if it was another publisher but this is the second time they did it now i hope they will face the backlash for it.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You don't see a problem when a company exploits a hastag about a very serious issue for a marginalized group of people for promotion?

Ok but what if that company makes video games that I enjoy?

I don't think you're seeing the bigger picture of how only things that matter to me actually matter. I need to make sure that people who aren't as important as video games know exactly where they stand.

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Not surprised considering Poland is a right-wing cesspool of a country where Neo-Nazis can walk free. Poland is also, the most religious country in Europe for ages 16-29.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...christian-europe-young-people-survey-religion

Last time I checked nazis could walk free in the USA and a fascist is a president there, is it also a right-wing cesspool of a country? What about post-Brexit Britain?

Btw, the Law and Justice party just lost the local elections in each of the 18 major Polish cities.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody who thinks this is "tone deaf" is just trying to handwave CDPR's transphobia away and that makes you no better than them and you might as well be transphobic yourself if you can't see that three times in such a short period of time is a god damn pattern.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I assume their pr staff are all based in Poland and so are out of the loop for a lot of this kind of stuff, but part of working for a globally relevant company should involve finding out what the hashtag you're using is actually about.

If they didn't know they wouldn't have use the hashtag. People just don't coincidentally come up with it. This is like the last t8me with CDProjekt's twitter account. You just don't accidentally say some of these things.

Handyandy58

Oct 31, 2017

They're deliberately mocking and trivializing trans people's concern about their future wellbeing. That this is not the first time they've mocked trans people on Twitter makes it more than clear that they know exactly what they're doing. At the very least, the people running their social media are transphobes. That this has happened on multiple occasions starts to implicate more people, I believe.

StoveOven

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that this keeps happening with no response from the company tells me that it's more than one asshole running their social media feeds and that this is in fact a viewpoint that is widely tolerated within the studio.

less

Oct 25, 2017
This pattern of behavior pretty much makes it very likely that whoever is running that account has some questionable beliefs at the very least. Can't say that I'm pleased to see this stuff. I'm not sure how much of this is condoned by CDPR but at the very least it doesn't paint a pretty picture.

Dizagaox

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
London
Not to rock the boat, but reality check: most the people making CDPR games or running GOG likely consider LGBT stuff "unnatural" and "wrong". That's just how Poland is. I don't think I'm being unfair either: https://www.equaldex.com/region/poland If I recall correctly, homosexuality was considered a disease until the 90s, and it's still not illegal to gay bash or do things like that.

If it wasn't "a bad look", I highly doubt CDPR would give two fucks about LGBT rights. It definitely seems like Western publisher pressures and government grants are the only reason they try to look "open-minded".

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck, GOG.

At this point, this is a pattern. And now of all times, ugh.

Disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.