• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wasn't this kind of thing not supposed to happen after the last time? people should stop trying to put this on one social media guy and realize this is just a representation of what CDPR is

Fingerthing

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunate fact of the matter is that the vast majority of the core consumers of video games resonate with this kind of edgelord stuff, hence CD PR constantly toeing the line. They're getting good engagement from it, and progressives can be dismissed as oversensitive easily since, technically speaking, CDP can turn around and say it isn't transphobic as GOG's original goal of preserving games is something the company views with pride.
This case was particularly egregious, however, as the last sentence indicates an awareness of how badly the whole thing comes off, and decides to go for it anyway.

Is it transphobic? I'm not sure. Put a bad taste in my mouth though, particularly in the context of the other tweets.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
CDPR got internal people reading social media/gaming forums(this very site) frequently, and are not living under a rock. They know exactly what they're doing which makes them tweet(s) even more disgusting.

one of the two people running CDPR's social accounts has an account here

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Hi.

The New York Times broke news yesterday that the Trump Administration was looking to define transgender people out of existence. You can read the ResetEra thread here.

Since this news has started, the hashtag #WontBeErased has been trending on Twitter being used by transgender people who are fighting for their right to exist in the United States. There is no scenario where this can be as anything other than transphobia.

This is not a tone deaf response or accidental usage of a hashtag, but the third time they have done something like this. Posts which attempt to downplay or dismiss the transphobic nature of the tweet or play things off as simply tone deaf will be moderated appropriately.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hi.

The New York Times broke news yesterday that the Trump Administration was looking to define transgender people out of existence. You can read the ResetEra thread here.

Since this news has started, the hashtag #WontBeErased has been trending on Twitter being used by transgender people who are fighting for their right to exist in the United States. There is no scenario where this can be as anything other than transphobia.

This is not a tone deaf response or accidental usage of a hashtag, but the third time they have done something like this. Posts which attempt to downplay or dismiss the transphobic nature of the tweet or play things off as simply tone deaf will be moderated appropriately.
i encourage you guys to ban any thread that promotes them or their games

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
It's more like I'm willing to separate political beliefs when spending my money.

I think Kanye is a whack job, but I'll pay to see him because he entertains me. I think we'd be lying to ourselves here if we didn't realize some of our favorite artists and entertainers are milkshake ducks lying in wait.

I'm just honest enough with myself to know that I'm a hypocrite if I stopped playing CDPR's games when I still listen to Elvis and the Beatles, so I just carry on.
Again, thanks for coming into this thread about the transphobic actions of a company to tell us about how little you care.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Why on earth would they try to latch on to that hashtag to advertise games??? I mean anyone should have realized that would be seen as highly inappropriate to take a hashtag that is literally people fighting for their right to be who they are and then trying to use it to make money on games...

Oct 28, 2017
Are people seriously talking about the "true nature" of a company based on 2 tweets ?

Actually three at this point. Over a pretty decent period of time.

The question now is "why is this guy running the GOG twitter account still employed" because the positing styles and content is similar across the board. And if they're different people, why are they all seemingly alt-right goons?

gow3isben

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a foreigner to the US without the best insight into this particular issue can someone explain?

Edit: Just read comments above.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi.

Thank you for coming out with a strong statement. It is appreciated.

As a foreigner to the US without the best insight into this particular issue can someone explain?

It has been explained in the thread multiple times.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I am so out of touch with social media and shit that I had to basically google every part of this tweet to figure out what was going on....

Pretty shitty look from a continuously shitty look company.

Clear_Strelok

Mar 22, 2018
I was going to give this account the benefit of the doubt after the first offense, but damn, this is some next level wannabe edgelord shit. There's just no excuse when you're so clearly referencing the context that you're mocking.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Hi.

Please please tell me that the mods and admins of ResetEra are under serious discussion of actually banning OT threads and discussions of games from CDPR. Pls. I think the site owes it to our sizeable trans community here.

Renmyra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive post in a sensitive discussion. History of similar behaviour.
Who is boycotting Cyberpunk?
No one.
Please please tell me that the mods and admins of ResetEra are under serious discussion of actually banning OT threads and discussions of games from CDPR. Pls. I think the site owes it to our sizeable trans community here.

This is so incredibly fucking stupid. What would make more sense is making a sub-forum called politics and gender discussion so we can actually have a forum about games.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think they should just outright release a statement that they fired their PR Twitter higher ups.

Because this is getting pretty ridiculous. It is the 2nd time it happens AND the first time it happened their "apology" was the most bullshit they could ever come up with.

Unless they are actually after the GG money, but then at that point I am not sure I would like to support them as a consumer.

Oct 26, 2017
Reminds me of this

9sjemgwzoq7y.jpg

Imagine having a job as fluff as social media manager and still being awful at it. Idiots
Imagine thinking social media manager is a fluff job in 2018.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
These transphobic motherfuckers. I'm glad I've never been interested in their games and have never given them a cent. No way this is tone deafness at this point. This is a clear pattern.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
The hashtag used in the tweet is a new hashtag made yesterday to fight back against Trump administration trying to get rid of trans rights. The tweet is saying that the Hashtag original purpose is not a good use.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I have cancelled my cyberpunk preorder and I'm not kidding. This company continually violates what I find to be acceptable behavior. Bye.

Deleted member 4044

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's quite simple guys. Stop using GoG and don't buy Cyberpunk 2077 on sale. Whining on here or on Twitter will do nothing in comparison to disappointing sales for their big budget release.

I have a feeling everyone posting in this thread will be cross referenced with the eventual Cyberpunk 2077 OT in order to form the new "Modern Warfare 2 boycott" Steam group picture.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck them, the entire company deserves all the shit people can fling at them until. this. stops. Unbelievable.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the company that people drool over in the internet. It's not the first and won't be the last time they'll do it but as always it'll be ignored.

I love their games but jesus, the company is a complete shit and disrespectful with this matter.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I think they should just outright release a statement that they fired their PR Twitter higher ups.

Because this is getting pretty ridiculous. It is the 2nd time it happens AND the first time it happened their "apology" was the most bullshit they could ever come up with.

Unless they are actually after the GG money, but then at that point I am not sure I would like to support them as a consumer.

This is like the third or fourth time at least they've tweeted this kind of shit.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown

3rd time. You're not aware of/forgetting the very first one, the explicitly Pro-GG tweet that was taken down but had no apology issued.
They are after GG money, straight up

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It's more like I'm willing to separate political beliefs when spending my money.

I think Kanye is a whack job, but I'll pay to see him because he entertains me. I think we'd be lying to ourselves here if we didn't realize some of our favorite artists and entertainers are milkshake ducks lying in wait.

I'm just honest enough with myself to know that I'm a hypocrite if I stopped playing CDPR's games when I still listen to Elvis and the Beatles, so I just carry on.

Elvis and the Beatles (whatever wrong thing they did, which I'm not aware of) are not alive to profit from your money, and especially can't use your money to spread hate speech.

I also love that in a post literally confessing to be an hypocrite, you still try to somehow spin it as you being superior to everyone else, because they're also hypocrites but you're more honest than them.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hi.

Good post. We need another resetera feedback thread to discuss this. Irs important for mods/adms to ban/edit those kind of bad atittudes for resetera not become the twitter.

Deleted member 6223

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is another reminder that this industry is full of transphobic people, whether in development or those who play the games. Brushing this aside is as bad because you are enabling this bigotry, I really am thankful for the strong response too, though, somewhat surprising honestly given the past.
Hi.

Thank you so much, it's very much appreciated.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
No one.

This is so incredibly fucking stupid. What would make more sense is making a sub-forum called politics and gender discussion so we can actually have a forum about games.

I'm sorry that your cowardly little bubble has been shattered by the mean 'ol SJWs who have the nerve to recognize transgender people as more than a joke.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one.

Games have been banned from this forum before. This is no different. Budget shouldn't be a factor.

Oct 28, 2017
the games don't have any of those themes, it's only the guy who manages the twitter account. i don't think they're gonna get banned

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
No one.

Politics and games are entwined today more than ever. Similarly, the shitty politics a game company subscribes to is just as valid of a topic for discussion. This is not the generation of pong and pac-man.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm sorry that our fights for civil rights get in the way of you enjoying games. I know that's a massive inconvenience and I hope you'll forgive us.

deadbass

Oct 27, 2017
No one.

Yeah, what a bummer that a thread about a transphobic tweet isn't talking about the games. This is a forum with literally tens of thousands of threads about games, you are being well-served.

Status
Not open for further replies.