• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Most people didn't care about the Koichi Sugiyama stuff, most won't care about this. They will release a non-apology and people will keep defending the companies that make their favorite games.

"It's just the PR guy"
"But what about all the other people working on the game"
"They are from another country, they have a different culture, can you blame them?"

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's quite simple guys. Stop using GoG and don't buy Cyberpunk 2077 on sale. Whining on here or on Twitter will do nothing in comparison to disappointing sales for their big budget release.

I have a feeling everyone posting in this thread will be cross referenced with the eventual Cyberpunk 2077 OT in order to form the new "Modern Warfare 2 boycott" Steam group picture.

you can very easily do both and telling people to not talk about it only makes sense if you're actively annoyed at the discussion and want to be a water-carrying doofus

also you should make a ban bet on users if you really think people here are being insincere, keep things spicy

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
Their social media people are trash. It sounds harsh, to put it one way, but this seems to seal the deal.

I still won't equally blame everyone else working for the company though, but shame on them for letting this situation continue.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I must have missed those cyberpunk/postal tweets, jeez. Yeah, clear that this is definitely a pattern of garbage behavior that goes well beyond just a bad pr guy. Safe to say I'll never be buying anything from them, which is probably ok, I couldn't get into Witcher 2 at all so I might not be missing that much anyway

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
This is a really bad look at this point. When it happens once it's easy to assume that it's just down to one employee who's a terrible person but for it to happen again just makes it look like CDPR didn't care enough to bother doing anything after it happened the first time.

Deleted member 1238

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi.

The New York Times broke news yesterday that the Trump Administration was looking to define transgender people out of existence. You can read the ResetEra thread here.

Since this news has started, the hashtag #WontBeErased has been trending on Twitter being used by transgender people who are fighting for their right to exist in the United States. There is no scenario where this can be as anything other than transphobia.

This is not a tone deaf response or accidental usage of a hashtag, but the third time they have done something like this. Posts which attempt to downplay or dismiss the transphobic nature of the tweet or play things off as simply tone deaf will be moderated appropriately.
Well said! There is simply no defending this one. Something needs to change over there.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No one.

This is so incredibly fucking stupid. What would make more sense is making a sub-forum called politics and gender discussion so we can actually have a forum about games.

Maybe this site is more up your alley, guy

You can talk about games without those pesky minorities bothering you till your heart's content.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
No one.

This is so incredibly fucking stupid. What would make more sense is making a sub-forum called politics and gender discussion so we can actually have a forum about games.
731636605C9C7334427F7C16929606763A22821B

Brinksman

Oct 25, 2017
i encourage mods to ban all cdpr and cyberpunk discussion.

this forum shouldn't be a place where actively transphobic people and their products get promoted.

I am behind this, or any comparable form of action, but admins please do step in to diminish their platform. It's past the point now where I would expect we tolerate the endemic discrimination and hatred this company resorts to to signal boost itself. Forget about the fucking electronic toy. A bit of basic solidarity with the trans community.

Deleted member 4044

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you can very easily do both and telling people to not talk about it only makes sense if you're actively annoyed at the discussion and want to be a water-carrying doofus

also you should make a ban bet on users if you really think people here are being insincere, keep things spicy

I don't think people are being insincere; far from it. But the game is a ways off and there is plenty of time for people to "forget" about this event, or overlook it amidst all of the pre-release hype. It happens all the time.

Threads like this are a good thing to discuss the immediate aftermath, but if you're truly disgusted by this, you need to make sure you drive the point home. Stop giving their trailers and streams views and stay far, far away from the game upon release.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm officially done with GOG and CDPR. This is fucking shitty, and the fact that it keeps happening tells me all I need to know about them.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, just ban discussion of one of the most anticipated games of the generation because of social media intern said.

It's not just an intern though. Social media is the way in which these companies communicate to us, and what they've repeatedly communicated is disdain for trans people who are struggling right now in the States.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Huge fan of CDPR so this was disappointing. If it happens once, okay people make mistakes. But your suppose to learn from your mistakes and actually make a change. It's obvious they haven't.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, just ban discussion of one of the most anticipated games of the generation because of social media intern said.
Social media interns said, that the company signed off of, multiple times, in full view.
I'm not buying Cyberpunk 2077. I was excited for it, but in the face of people trying to make sure I do not exist as a person, fuck them, fuck everything they do, fuck everything they stand for, and fuck anyone that defends them.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
At this point if they keep doing it and no one else in the company is doing anything to prevent this it kind of mean they endorse it. Disappointing.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Renmyra definitely doesn't bathe with a mindset like that lmfao, "they're gonna ban Cyberpunk discussion!!!!" lmfao

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
That seems prettt cut and die. Using something like BlackLivesMatter for a Video game promo would seem mocking of it just the same.

Eastern Europe seems to be behind social issue wise by a solid decade

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
Fuck GOG and fuck CDProjeckt. Its become obvious that they have some trash people high up the company and until they're gone from I won't be buying anything from them again.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm just honest enough with myself to know that I'm a hypocrite if I stopped playing CDPR's games when I still listen to Elvis and the Beatles, so I just carry on.

Thats not really hypocritical

My mom wants to quit smoking, cheating a cig every now and then doesn't make her a hypocrite, thats not the proper term

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Damn, I thought that this was only the second time they had done this, but it is actually the third?! They need to address this situation immediately as it is obvious that the person that it is managing their twitter is not only transphobic but also very proud of it, so if they stay silent about it will be just like saying that they support that position, as normally any tweet like that would be one that leads to somebody getting fired.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They better come right out and say they fired this PR person and give a lengthy apology to the trans community.

I will straight up never buy from them again if they don't. I've wanted to play Cyberpunk for 6 years, but it's just a video game and trans peoples' rights are not a fucking punchline.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
When PR speaks publicly in a similar fashion multiple times, with no correction, you have to accept it as a company position.

I work for a serious corporation, and please believe me, the person on the Twitter account is not some 18 year old intern like people try to convince themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.