• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
If anyone is interested, they also proved they were homophobic in 2015.

https://twitter.com/Spacekatgal/status/590153077107265536

Long story short, a bad 'joke' was in the first Pillars of Eternity and a trans woman wanted to have the game removed from her account. The GOG customer support tried to lecture her on how she should interpret transphobic content. And the GOG Twitter account, instead of saying they fired the homophobic idiot, they just alerted the agent to be more considerate.

So yeah... needless to say, GOG and CDProjekt Red are quite homophobic and they will continue doing this.

giphy.gif

For the record, I'm not going to come in and claim people don't fuck up. I've said transphobic shit in the past, and I genuinely hate myself for having done so, even if I try to somehow convince myself there was no intended malice behind it. Difference is, when you realize you're being a fucking asshole, you try to be better. You try to find empathy for the people who you've hurt. I see no evidence that there is any attempt within the company to self-correct such bullshit.

Last edited:

shoptroll

May 29, 2018

Long story short, a bad 'joke' was in the first Pillars of Eternity and a trans woman wanted to have the game removed from her account. The GOG customer support tried to lecture her on how she should interpret transphobic content. And the GOG Twitter account, instead of saying they fired the homophobic idiot, they just alerted the agent to be more considerate.

So yeah... needless to say, GOG and CDProjekt Red are quite homophobic and they will continue doing this.

Thanks for digging this up. I remembered this had happened previously and couldn't remember the specifics. FWIW, they also continued to partner with TB for regular appearances on their streams during or post-GG, despite online complaints about his role in GG.

They're well past the "rogue operative" or "tone deaf" narrative at this point.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Uh, it shows their real name (assuming the author of the article in the image is them).
It's a byline. Even if self-published, I think you would have a hard time considering that "doxing." Think the bigger issue is there is no way to know who actually wrote that post and therefore if this is the person responsible.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
I don't know wtf is going on with their social media but this is like the third time this happens, if they let it slide again they are just complicit, no other explanation.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'd like to think this is just a tonedeaf attempt at humour, rather than anything intended to be malicious, but even if so it's tremendously tonedeaf.
Especially considering the last attempt at humour, they really really need to rethink who they have at the helm of their social media accounts. This is just embarrassing.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I don't know wtf is going on with their social media but this is like the third time this happens, if they let it slide again they are just complicit, no other explanation.
Is it still the same social media person?
It's not just social media, and it's not just from one person. Various accounts and departments were involved. Seems like it's the company-wide culture, unfortunately.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oof.

CDPR continues to shit the bed and taint the most aniticipated game in the works with hateful rhetoric.

If I was someone working for them, I'd be really pissed off that the people responsible for the public face of the company I'm pouring my life into are doing this shit over and over.

Maybe an internal uprising is what's needed to shut this shit down, cause they clearly don't give a fuck what the public thinks.

Aug 29, 2018
I'd like to think this is just a tonedeaf attempt at humour, rather than anything intended to be malicious, but even if so it's tremendously tonedeaf.
Especially considering the last attempt at humour, they really really need to rethink who they have at the helm of their social media accounts. This is just embarrassing.
Maybe the last one but this one is just malicious. "How's that for a hashtag?"

I mean c'mon

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, sorry for posting that, it kinda is doxxing after all, I didn't post the linkedin profile because of that but the article does still have his name after all

amphteamints

Aug 21, 2018
Unfortunately, Milwaukee
you aren't tonedeaf three times in a row while also telling someone who wants a refund because of a transphobic joke in a game that they just weren't enjoying it the right way.

they're straight up bigots and garbage and anyone who buys cyberpunk knowing about these events supports that.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Don't post something that could lead to someone's personal information being found. We don't know which individual made the tweet, only that it was someone on GOG/CDPR's social media team.

If you have to ask, don't do it.

OP
OP
Flammable D

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Again with the writing their last occurrence of transphobia off as tone deaf or not malicious

The assume your gender shit literally does not work as a joke unless the punchline is trans people's identities.

I tore my fucking hair out arguing this with people in the thread for that mess.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Ugh.
Also, it may be the least offensive thing in what's otherwise a cavalcade of barely coherent grammar and transphobic ramblings, but "suicide rates are always higher in a smaller group" was like the mathematically ignorant cherry on top of the bigoted shit cake.

Aug 29, 2018
I don't condone certain practices and won't do them, but in the case of Cyberpunk 2077 at this point....

I have no sympathy for CDPR with whatever happens honestly

Last edited:

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Maybe an internal uprising is what's needed to shut this shit down, cause they clearly don't give a fuck what the public thinks.

Some actual competition in the PC storefront space would be nice. Valve and CDPR are problematic for various (and occasionally overlapping) reasons. Humble is just a wrapper for everyone else and none of the big pubs deal with Itch.

It's the same problem with Facebook and Twitter. Everyone knows both companies are run by ethically questionable people, but there's no place to jump ship to.

If people could take their money and spend it elsewhere on DRM-free games CDPR wouldn't be able to let this stuff slide.

Mercuryvoid

Nov 1, 2017
From the business point of view, keeping the social media guy that already done these things is not a very good business practice. They can have their personal views on the matter, but to have the public relation blunder like this, I don't know how the business mindset of Polish company works.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Frankly, I don't see an issue at all with an "infinitely discussable and divisive controversy"; more visibility is always better. Anything better than doing nothing, let it slip through the cracks again and have everyone forget about it in one month. Hell, "infinitely divisive and discussable controversy" is what we have going at the female sexualization thread and it's been really positive for a lot of people!
The difference with the female sexualisation thread is that it's a discussion happening on this site, which is moderated appropriately.

Any conversation about "the SJW forum banning our beloved CP2077" being had on reddit/twitter etc is unlikely to hold any value.

Marauder85

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Auckland, NZ
User Banned (1 Month): Concern trolling on the topic of transphobia. Ignoring mod post. Account still in junior phase.
I think transphobia of any kind is horrible but the way this thread is throwing out bans to different opinions is quite fascistic.

You might as well have just put up an OP and not allowed comments. Isn't this a discussion board?

It's better to argue with people and convince them they're wrong than to just remove them from the board. Dare I say...erase?

Anyway. I hope this comment isn't taken too badly. I'm just saying what I see and being the natural contrarian I am. It often gets me into trouble.

And I hope I'm being reasonable enough to not be thrown out with the others. I like this board.

less

Oct 25, 2017

Learning of this incident really makes the recent incidents look even worse. Horrible look for CDPR and really destroys the goodwill I had left for the company.

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some actual competition in the PC storefront space would be nice. Valve and CDPR are problematic for various (and occasionally overlapping) reasons. Humble is just a wrapper for everyone else and none of the big pubs deal with Itch.

It's the same problem with Facebook and Twitter. Everyone knows both companies are run by ethically questionable people, but there's no place to jump ship to.

If people could take their money and spend it elsewhere on DRM-free games CDPR wouldn't be able to let this stuff slide.
itch.io is pretty cool for indie games.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though, I can't wait to hear the explanation for this one. If it's another "oh haha, we totally didn't realize this hashtag directly related to the extremely serious issue of trans erasure would offend people, whoops-ie!" "We'll be super duper sure to never do anything like this again, teehee!"...

Last edited:

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I think transphobia of any kind is horrible but the way this thread is throwing out bans to different opinions is quite fascistic.

You might as well have just put up an OP and not allowed comments. Isn't this a discussion board?

It's better to argue with people and convince them they're wrong than to just remove them from the board. Dare I say...erase?

Anyway. I hope this comment isn't taken too badly. I'm just saying what I see and being the natural contrarian I am. It often gets me into trouble.

And I hope I'm being reasonable enough to not be thrown out with the others. I like this board.
You're a real piece of shit.

OP
OP
Flammable D

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017

When you're being contrarian about people's existence and still too cowardly to come out and say what your opinion is you're terrified will get you banned... Not surprised it gets you into trouble. Jog on.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky

There's no place for transphobes on this board. We owe our transgender members that much.

Also, miss me with that fuckin erase shit, you can fuck off, man.

Also also, you really must love this forum, what with your 50 posts in just under a year, lmao.

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8

This whole post is a mighty Hmmm.

Transphobia isn't just having a different opinion, it's abhorrent and we should be past discussing if it's okay or not.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
My initial response was the tweet was tone deaf. I hadn't forgotten CDPR's history but didn't think it through. This in't tone deafness, this is CDPR pretending to snarky humor in a failed attempt to cover bigoted assholery.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

The natural contrarian lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.