• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It's better to argue with people and convince them they're wrong than to just remove them from the board. Dare I say...erase?

Yes, let's waste our time arguing with people that most likely won't listen or change their minds. You do realise that the "trying to convince people not to be bigots and assholes to minority groups" has been tried to exhaustion at this point and it's just better to fully de-platform them instead.

Scratches

Oct 25, 2017
Their entire PR department should be fired. If they don't do it, they support this type of bullshit, so fuck all of them too. I'm sure there are progressive people working at RED, but it doesn't matter if the ones making the decisions are bigoted scum.

mildshock.gif at the revelation that the guy behind the account might be a gamergator low-life.

With that said; I'm not from Poland, but what the hell am I reading with some of the generalizations in this thread. "They are polish, of course they suck" or some nonsense anecdotes. Most of you are posting from one of the most socially conservative nations in the west with a steaming pile of dung sitting in the White House taking rights away from minorities. I'm sure you don't want to be confused with some backward alt-righters because of that, so get some perspective before making wide-ass generalizations, please.

Last edited:

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The difference with the female sexualisation thread is that it's a discussion happening on this site, which is moderated appropriately.

Any conversation about "the SJW forum banning our beloved CP2077" being had on reddit/twitter etc is unlikely to hold any value.

No argument there. I thought we were talking about a discussion here, about the ban.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I think transphobia of any kind is horrible but the way this thread is throwing out bans to different opinions is quite fascistic.

You might as well have just put up an OP and not allowed comments. Isn't this a discussion board?

It's better to argue with people and convince them they're wrong than to just remove them from the board. Dare I say...erase?

Anyway. I hope this comment isn't taken too badly. I'm just saying what I see and being the natural contrarian I am. It often gets me into trouble.

And I hope I'm being reasonable enough to not be thrown out with the others. I like this board.
Transphobia is where you wanna wave your contrarian flag? Fucking really?

And you have the gall to cry 'fascism' over it? The same week this is happening:

Give me a fucking break.

rumplestilts

May 30, 2018
I think transphobia of any kind is horrible but the way this thread is throwing out bans to different opinions is quite fascistic.

You might as well have just put up an OP and not allowed comments. Isn't this a discussion board?

Anyway. I hope this comment isn't taken too badly. I'm just saying what I see and being the natural contrarian I am. It often gets me into trouble.

And I hope I'm being reasonable enough to not be thrown out with the others. I like this board.
Moderation isn't fascism. Not allowing bigots a voice on your privately owned and operated message board isn't fascism.

You know what's actually fascistic? The actual fascism that is rising in countries and political movements around the world.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Some actual competition in the PC storefront space would be nice. Valve and CDPR are problematic for various (and occasionally overlapping) reasons. Humble is just a wrapper for everyone else and none of the big pubs deal with Itch.

It's the same problem with Facebook and Twitter. Everyone knows both companies are run by ethically questionable people, but there's no place to jump ship to.

If people could take their money and spend it elsewhere on DRM-free games CDPR wouldn't be able to let this stuff slide.

It's entirely possible for businesses to exert pressure on CDPR. Just like advertisers withdrew support from some Fox News hosts, EA, Paradox, Deep Silver, Ubisoft and a whole host of other companies could threaten to not renew contracts if GOG continue to act in a morally/ethically questionable manner.

People are asbolutely fine with companies not staying with Valve or GOG or Sony or MS when it comes to financial decisions, so how about we expect more when it comes to taking a moral stand?

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Guess it's not horrible enough for you to be okay with banning people downplaying it huh. Makes you think.

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach

OWDPkYV.gif

The audacity of doing the joke again in this thread

OWDPkYV.gif

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Go fuck yourself.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
It's not just social media, and it's not just from one person. Various accounts and departments were involved. Seems like it's the company-wide culture, unfortunately.
Well, shit.

Of course one of the only developers left that makes games which appeal to me had to be involved with this hateful detritus. Now I can't even support them in good conscience, I sincerely hope they properly acknowledge this crap this time around and make amends somehow.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Transphobia isn't just a different opinion on some mundane topic, transphobia is a completely unacceptable "opinion" and if you agree with those sentiments that makes you frankly a horrible person. It is blatant lack of respect to fellow humans, and expressing "opinions" like that is a direct attack at transgendered people.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Fucking gross. This isn't just a mistake, this a clear and persistent pattern and this one is seriously blatant in how it's baiting and basically outright belittling Trans people and issues.

Going to take some serious effort and about face actions to get me to support GOG or CDPR going forward. Wholly in favor of banning them from the forum until further notice. Making great games and working against DRM doesn't excuse such shitty behavior.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017

Wow, natural contrarian. So brave.

People posted their comments. Those comments haven't been erased. Those comments downplayed transphobia and users banned accordingly. So your post is bullshit and so is being a "natural contrarian."

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Don't you worry, I can't possibly see how calling the moderation "fascistic" could land you on any sort of trouble; especially considering how much you've contributed here otherwise. I mean, you "like this board" so much that you have a grand total of 50 posts since you registered in 2017. That's nearly one post a week, wow!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
But... how could there be a discussion here if the discussion is banned on here? lol, I'm confused now.

I was assuming the ban would be about the game (having an OT, etc.), not about the reasons for the ban itself. Much as there was, IIRC, at some point consideration whether to ban Kingdom Come: Deliverance, but banning whatever shitty things Vavra said was never in the cards. I mean, banning meta-discussion would be indeed counterproductive to raising awareness about why they're banned.
(that said, a pinned topic explaining what games are banned and why may be enough, as long as there's not new stuff to discuss like more bigoted tweets you just know CDPR will keep making).

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I was assuming the ban would be about the game (having an OT, etc.), not about the reasons for the ban itself. Much as there was, IIRC, at some point consideration whether to ban Kingdom Come: Deliverance, but banning whatever shitty things Vavra said was never in the cards. I mean, banning meta-discussion would be indeed counterproductive to raising awareness about why they're banned.
(that said, a pinned topic explaining what games are banned and why may be enough, as long as there's not new stuff to discuss like more bigoted tweets you just know CDPR will keep making).
Right, gotcha. I do kinda think banning discussion about just the trailers or just the OT isn't going to have the required impact.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

If you thought transphobia was horrible you wouldn't in the same sentence downgrade it to an opinion. "I think the Haunting of Hill House is Netflix's best and great horror" is an opinon. "That tweet was just tonedeaf, stop being offended" "I'll still buy it I dont care what they tweet" "none of you will boycott, stop being lying hypocrites" is not opinions, it's statements that are best supporting bigotry, at worst bigoted themselves, and worst of all trying to transpose their views upon others.

But you knew that with your snide little erasure comment, and you can miss me with that this board is important to you bullshit, if you cared that much you wouldn't be okay with, and yourself use language meant to dehumanize a section of this forums users.

But I am sure you don't really care, you use the phrasing of loving the board but eggshells contrarian blah blah blah same old merry go round of all the posters who get banned and then run to whatever pissy hate era board you post at to circlejerk about how it's a hive mind echo chamber because somehow that's what every board is that bans on things these posters call "opinon" which always seem to be the same old tired bigotry.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I like how a transphobic company is the hill some of these guys want to die on.

Like you really think this faceless company gives a shit about you?

Such a shame that transphobia has to be the honeypot to purge these douchebags though.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

And fuck you.

Status
Not open for further replies.