• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Your first two paragraphs are exactly how most people would react after the first offence...

...but then your third paragraph points out that we are now in fact dealing with repeat offences, for the same thing.

Do you see the problem?

Yes I absolutely see the problem. That's why I said it's utterly ignorant and that I am disappointed in them. I can be disappointed without also needing to be angry at them.

It is absolutely malicious to take a movement about something so utterly serious and to turn it into an advertisement for video games, while saying "How's that for using a hashtag?"

Malicious implies that they did that intentionally. I honestly believe that there was no intent there. I think they just have an utter lack of awareness and used the hashtag because it sounds, on the surface, like something that goes hand in hand with preserving old games. I can understand how they came to take to the action that they did. Doesn't mean I don't think it was fucking stupid of them. Knowing that they are in a part of the world that is not necessarily in tune with American political movements outside of those published in international news makes it plausible that they had no clue. Hell I live here and I had no clue about the movement before this thread, and I even have multiple transgender friends, several gay friends, and several that are still struggling to find their own identities. The difference is that I clicked on the tag and educated myself on it, which they simply did not do.

EDIT: Forgot to add that the Cyberpunk "assume my gender" post was outright offensive. If this wasn't sitting in the wake of that one, this would be a little less of a big deal. This case though is an example of someone that should have known to do their homework first and still didn't, which makes me think they're never going to learn.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol, they're copying that fucking response when you ask for account deletion

screenshot2018-10-23azsicx.png

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
ok CDPR, do the right thing and can the guy. If you truly do not think the way your community manager does, remove them, and replace them with someone who does not make fun of entire groups of people.

And anyone defending this, shame on you.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes I absolutely see the problem. That's why I said it's utterly ignorant and that I am disappointed in them. I can be disappointed without also needing to be angry at them.

Malicious implies that they did that intentionally. I honestly believe that there was no intent there. I think they just have an utter lack of awareness and used the hashtag because it sounds, on the surface, like something that goes hand in hand with preserving old games. I can understand how they came to take to the action that they did. Doesn't mean I don't think it was fucking stupid of them. Knowing that they are in a part of the world that is not necessarily in tune with American political movements outside of those published in international news makes it plausible that they had no clue. Hell I live here and I had no clue about the movement before this thread, and I even have multiple transgender friends, several gay friends, and several that are still struggling to find their own identities. The difference is that I clicked on the tag and educated myself on it, which they simply did not do.
The second line of that tweets makes it very obvious that it was intentional.

Aug 29, 2018
Oh nooooooooo I can't post about a video game on one website such censorship

I would stand behind the decision to ban an OP for the game personally (not demanding it, but I get it). Also think some folks on here are very greatly over estimating how important resetera is for word of mouth and general publicity though. Twitch, youtube, larger gaming outlets, etc....just have more of an impact, Reseteras impact wouldn't be a blip on CDPR radar more then likely

Doesn't mean we shouldn't do it though like wtf, fuck you CDPR fire this asshole that non apology doesn't even work when you take the second part of the tweet into consideration. Like really disappointing stuff

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
I like you CDPR, but you really need to fire those dumbasses who handle your social media accounts, make public announcement and properly apologise, seriously.

Seriously how was he not fired after the second time? Even if you don't personally see the issue keeping someone around as a social media person who generates negative attention is idiocy.

Deleted member 11995

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland

I never said anything about being angry. I was more just wondering how many times can we simply be disappointed with the same repeated mistakes, but nothing more? Because I'm wondering that same thing myself right now.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
User banned (5 days): dismissing transphobia and ignoring modpost
I think what they did was careless and dumb but for me that's all it is. I don't think they're misogynists or sexists or whatever, it's just that they're ignorant and dumb or they just do not care. I mean it isn't happening in their country so of course it all feels foreign to them. I just don't think they're hateful as some claim to be but just really uninformed and ignorant.

Then again it's their 2nd offence.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Based on what was just posted on this page, they deserve absolutely 0 benefit of the doubt. And if a company decides to use a hashtag for something as important as that, and not even click on it, then the least they could do is apologize instead of saying "We're not taking a stance on this political debate, we won't talk about politics" When someone is as steeped in Gamergate as their PR guy seems to be, that's just a massive dogwhistle for keeping positive messages about minorities out, but they'll still keep making swipes at us.

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
lol the guy is writing fucking Gamergate trash articles for a public media outlet, how is showing that considered doxing?

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Why do you guys consistently post peoples social media and personal information? You know this isn't allowed.

Anyway, I dont get how GOG is so plainly unaware of the implications of what they are doing. Their social media account manager is absolutely using their platform to push this bullshit. Instead of constantly heaving out weak ass apologies fire this dude and revamp your outreach team.

This isn't hard. The grounds for termination are "consitstently fucks up and cause shit storms". Why they are protecting these people I dunno. I assume because they dont think its a big deal. Which is why they need a thorough dragging by gamers, media and other companies

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We get it. You support GG. You're not very coy either.

Also, a public LinkedIn isn't doxing, dumbass.

Living upto the username, taking giant steps.

Not a GG supporter at all, I just don't see how throwing a linked in and twitter about is constructive and let's face it, throwing up a linked in is baiting people into going further.

Let's keep this ethical.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not surprising that there are people who think this way, what I don't get is why would they say this? Thinking this makes you transphobic, but saying it out loud without realizing it would make for bad PR just makes you a complete moron.

It honestly impresses me that they thought this would be ok.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Doxxing of a Gamergater is still doxxing. Send that info to a journalist who might do an investigation about it and then write an expose. No need to post it here.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We get it. You support GG. You're not very coy either.

Also, a public LinkedIn isn't doxing, dumbass.

This is needlessly antagonistic. Using public information to identify, harass, and find other accounts of someone is absolutely doxxing, has been since the dawn of putting public information on the internet. It isn't heroic or less immoral just because the guy is a dick.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
My favorite part of threads like these is seeing people whom I've never seen before get banned in droves for being shitheads

Deleted member 41271

Banned
Mar 21, 2018

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you guys consistently post peoples social media and personal information? You know this isn't allowed.

Anyway, I dont get how GOG is so plainly unaware of the implications of what they are doing. Their social media account manager is absolutely using their platform to push this bullshit. Instead of constantly heaving out weak ass apologies fire this dude and revamp your outreach team.

This isn't hard. The grounds for termination are "consitstently fucks up and cause shit storms". Why they are protecting these people I dunno. I assume because they dont think its a big deal. Which is why they need a thorough dragging by gamers, media and other companies

It's only allowed when it's not someone from a game company. We have plenty of posts in off topic from racists, transphobes, homophobes etc where tweets and who they work for have been stated. It's a shit double standard to protect these bigots imo.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
It is clear at this point that CDPR just does not care. How you let something like this happen again after this just happened a few months back and was very high profile, it's just...insane.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Living upto the username, taking giant steps.

Not a GG supporter at all, I just don't see how throwing a linked in and twitter about is constructive and let's face it, throwing up a linked in is baiting people into going further.

Let's keep this ethical.

It's about ethical discussion about ethics in being transphobic

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's only allowed when it's not someone from a game company. We have plenty of posts in off topic from racists, transphobes, homophobes etc where tweets and who they work for have been stated. It's a shit double standard to protect these bigots imo.

It's not a double standard to protect bigots, moderators remove content in off-topic like this constantly, you're makings things up.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

What if they aren't unaware, and are signal boosting a specific audience while making feign resignations to the bullshit they post to save face

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
thinking back to what they said about the gamergate tweet from the gog account

This is kind of a spot-on interpretation of what happened. "The game is so crude so hey, let's go with this." Out of the two people who regularly work with our social accounts, neither of us was aware that it's far more deliberate and loaded imagery than just your run of the mill, bone-cutting, piss-on-journalism edge.

and if the pro-gamergate pr rep would be the other half of the two people working their social accounts...not a good look

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
can't believe people are still trying to brush this off as having no bad intention behind it, when we just learned that the guy is a bonafide, real deal GGer.

I don't think they're misogynists or sexists or whatever
they're probably sexist and misogynists too, but the exact word you're looking for is transphobic.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

It's never been allowed. Posting someone's linkedin in response to a controvery has literally never been allowed especially when comments were not made on their own social media. If you see it report it.

It's not a double standard. Its dumb to defend this shit btw. You dont even know who made the original tweet.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Thanks for the confirmation that the social media guy really is an alt right gamergate person. Breitbart links and whining about Anita, it's just oh so predictable!

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I think what they did was careless and dumb but for me that's all it is. I don't think they're misogynists or sexists or whatever, it's just that they're ignorant and dumb or they just do not care. I mean it isn't happening in their country so of course it all feels foreign to them. I just don't think they're hateful as some claim to be but just really uninformed and ignorant.

Then again it's their 2nd offence.
I'm sorry but come on, it's 2018...

They know what they did and their shitty "apology" doesn't make anything right. They are not ignorant neither should they be. This is a serious issue which I think needs to be adressed accordingly, so stupid hashtag snagging to sell your fucking service over an issue is definitely not the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.