• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Call me a mad person, but I just see someone saying, literally: "I understand some of these words..."

I don't have the superpower to see in that comment something like: "I want the trans to disappear from existence".

But hey, maybe I'm obtuse. Or probably you have an extraordinary imagination or a tendency to exaggerate things.
People are getting things mixed up.

Nobody was saying that person was being transphobic. People were responding because it was a shitty, ignorant, unnecessary drive by post

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Call me a mad person, but I just see someone saying, literally: "I understand some of these words..."

I don't have the superpower to see in that comment something like: "I want the trans to disappear from existence".

But hey, maybe I'm obtuse. Or probably you have an extraordinary imagination or a tendency to exaggerate things.

Here you go:

People are getting things mixed up.

Nobody was saying that person was being transphobic. People were responding because it was a shitty, ignorant, unnecessary drive by post

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
gonna read the kotaku piece, but gog can piss off with their non apology - they're clearly owning this stance by not taking action
i wish they didn't take any action, they made the situation much worse by putting a bunch of not-so-well-hidden gamergate breadcrumbs in that statement.

all you're done in this thread has been to trying to say how people who are angry/upset about this news are wrong or should check their tone. i don't see one on-topic post by you here. this is all you've posted itt.

Resetera in a nutshell.
That is precisely what i wanted to highlight.
Glad you are not a judge.
They deserved the benefit of the doubt because we don't even know if they are really they or just him. And of course we also don't know a shit about the beliefs of every person of the company either.

It is an awful tweet, but I wont say that everyone in CD Projekt deserves the worst or something like that.
btw, saying just "fuck off" is not an "opinion to look in high worth" either.

people can click on the posts to see the context, but seems like you're just here to backseat mod and tell us why we are over reacting or being angry and what not, without even having an opinion on the matter (in this matter not having an opinion has a very obvious meaning)

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
I really don't care what they want. I want other people watching to see a broad response telling them to "fuck off" and to model that behavior

Respectfully, I do care about what they want, in that I don't want them to get one iota of satisfaction, or progress, from me with their shitty words and/or actions. If we're talking about out in public, I'd like nothing more than to ask some hateful son of a bitch to step outside, but we're in a moderated space, here.

We don't have to respond to them, and other people will see them getting banned left and right, with reasoning for that ban often displayed. The behavior that they see is that shitheads get the boot.

I firmly believe that we're lowered when we allow ourselves to communicate in words what we think of them, when those words are just what they think of us. I wish they'd fuck off, but if I say that then I've just lowered any chance at all that they'll change, and I'd rather people change and try to make amends.

Benditormenta

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
people can click on the posts to see the context, but seems like you're just here to backseat mod and tell us why we are over reacting or being angry and what not, without even having an opinion on the matter (in this matter not having an opinion has a very obvious meaning)

Ah, yeah? And what is that obvious reason, if I may ask?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Cyberpunk is a sub-genre of science fiction that features advanced science and technology in an urban, dystopian future. On one side you have powerful mega-corporations and private security forces, and on the other you have the dark and gritty underworld of illegal trade, gangs, drugs, and vice.

"I don't mix politics with games." - gamer who's literally buying a game with a genre that's inherently political.

newgamewhodis

Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn
After looking at the terrible Twitter threads, I saw that GG'er/anti-SJW/raging ball of hate speech Ian Miles Cheong has already posted a YT video accusing ResetEra (by name!) and "a hateful mob of journalists" of doxxing CDPR/GOG even though the mod team here has continually been taking steps to ensure that nothing of the sort happens.

It's always the same, isn't it? The left has some conversation...some fools bring up some doxxing materials...the alt-right Youtubers latch onto those small comments as evidence of a "doxxing campaign/witch hunt" even though no such thing exists, and their pro-GG base is entertained and gets to laugh at the left and their trust in GOG/CDPR is reaffirmed. The ones who profit are the YTers and, by extension, GOG/CDPR.

I think it's more than a pattern at this point. GOG/CDPR's refusal to apologize, refusal to condemn the GG base, and in fact, their consistency in catering to them via social is condemnable. They have good writers, they have good artists, they have a smart team - and yet they waste that good will and talent on shit like this.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017

More like "let the mods kick them outta here, it ain't worth bringing myself to their level."

There's no discussion to be had. They're wrong, they're evil, and when they've been in power, they've killed millions. Freeze peach let's 'em say whatever they want and not end up in jail, but it's not like they're allowed to hang around here for long.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
The tweet makes it clear that the person tweeting it knew what they were doing, and considering that it's not the first time that happened and CDPR's social media people are still as bigoted as before, it seems to be the company's point of view. Gross.

Deleted member 11018

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone photoshop Iron Fist's mask onto this man's avatar.
Wait ... What ?
ironfistgegf8p.jpg

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No. I want him to tell me what he mean. I don't understand the relationship between not making an opinion known and being a transphobic.

It's fairly simple.

There are some issues where you can't just be indifferent to. You can't not have an opinion on the Holocaust. You can't not have an alternate viewpoint regarding slavery. There are topics where impartiality and/or apathy implies some very pernicious things about one's character. That applies to transphobia as well.

Imagine discussing pedophilia with someone who goes on to comment, "oh, pedophilia. Meh, I'm neutral." Would that not strike you as disturbing? While what GOG has done here isn't nearly as heinous, treating bigotry as a punchline or a fleeting issue either means you're explicitly in favour of discrimination or just don't give a shit about it at all.

How would you feel about someone who doesn't give a shit about discrimination?

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's more than a pattern at this point. GOG/CDPR's refusal to apologize, refusal to condemn the GG base, and in fact, their consistency in catering to them via social is condemnable. They have good writers, they have good artists, they have a smart team - and yet they waste that good will and talent on shit like this.
CDP has definitely DESTROYED their image in the last few months thanks to their social media team. between creating a mega successful game like witcher 3 and running a store than many people love, they had a lot of goodwill but i really don't understand how they're ruining all that by aligning themselves with gamergate. any decent company would have handled this situation much better (mostly by not letting there be a situation after the first time), but all these repeated tweets and lackluster (or downright offensive) responses have really made them seem like a horrible company.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You are uncapable to call me transphobic in a direct way? You did it subliminally through a rhetorical question. Now please, confront your previous question and answer if you have time.
definitely don't have time for you and your bullshit trolling and thread derailing. this is my last reply to you.

I think you overestimate how much the general public cares.
i'm talking for their fans that do care.

Status
Not open for further replies.