• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
From their financial report:

Due to the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, the entire CD PROJEKT team has been working from home since mid-March.

There is no shortage of motivation and we also possess all the tools needed to facilitate remote work. We've been operating in this mode for over three weeks and to-date results confirm that we can carry on with all our operations without major disruptions. Our plans haven't changed – we're steaming towards the September release of Cyberpunk – adds Adam Kiciński.

www.cdprojekt.com

CD PROJEKT looks back at 2019 - CD PROJEKT

The CD PROJEKT Group posted 521 million PLN in 2019 sales revenues, which is 44% more than in the preceding year. This is mostly due to excellent sales of The Witcher 3, including its new

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
What about physical distribution? Last of us 2 is basically finished and they delayed because of distribution

Oct 28, 2017
I'll believe it when I see it but at this point I've just accepted everything that was scheduled for May or later is a 2021 release now.

I'd love to be wrong.

OP
OP
Xando

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
What about physical distribution? Last of us 2 is basically finished and they delayed because of distribution
Considering they still have 4 1/2 months until they would have to start shipping copies to retailers i assume they will be good. China is back to producing, europe is starting to look for lockdown exits too.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if they delayed the physical version and released on time digitally. Plus, there are places and supply chains that will probably be up and running by late August to get things moving.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
X3HshBR.png

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Developer: "We're 100% on track, no problems whatsoever"
Era: "Doubt. Delay imminent. I expect delays"

Lol

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I wouldn't be surprised if they delayed the physical version and released on time digitally.
Yeah, this. I mean, with GOG being basically owned by them and due to the fact that there is no one (unlike in the TLOU case with Sony) who's to say they must delay the release. Once it is finished, they can decide for themselves to release it via GOG/Steam.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Or so they claim. If cyberpunk is saying they are able to release, well that's evidence the other direction.

Who the heck knows what things will look like by September. It's April, and every week seems to take 6 months to pass as it is...

I'm also not sure why people mention physical distribution as if it doesn't currently exist. In USA, department stores (Like Wal Mart, Target) are "essential retail" (people need things like toilet paper, food, and arguably even clothes, basic hardware (faucets dont stop leaking because of pandemic), automotive etc) and are not nor will be closed. They sell video games just fine. Besides that digital is a vastly increasing share, even sped up more by these times.

Oct 30, 2017
Good to hear.

Hopefully by September the world would be little bit better than today, and we also get TLOU2 earlier in September as well.
Developer: "We're 100% on track, no problems whatsoever"
Era: "Doubt. Delay imminent. I expect delays"

Lol
I would be actually shocked if the posts were more positive.

lostconst

Oct 27, 2017

To be fair, they're telling this to investors.They're not come and go, "You know that major source of revenue? Oh yeah, we won't get it. Anyways, hope you don't panic." If a delay is likely we won't hear about it until it's fairly close.

could go either way honestly. Just saying that the statement by itself doesn't mean much.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
CDPR, that not only has their own PC storefront, but also sold more copies of the Witcher 3 last year on PC than all other platforms combined (and last year the Switch version released). If anyone is going to be willing to sell the game first on digital and do physical later when the supply chain issues are alleviated, it's CDPR. I can practically see all the "Good guy CDPR" reddit comments now

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
CDPR, that not only has their own PC storefront, but also sold more copies of the Witcher 3 last year on PC than all other platforms combined (and last year the Switch version released). If anyone is going to be willing to sell the game first on digital and do physical later when the supply chain issues are alleviated, it's CDPR. I can practically see all the "Good guy CDPR" reddit comments now
Wouldn't be the opposite? People saying cdpr only care about money and don't care about people who can't access internet?

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, they're telling this to investors.They're not come and go, "You know that major source of revenue? Oh yeah, we won't get it. Anyways, hope you don't panic." If a delay is likely we won't hear about it until it's fairly close.

could go either way honestly. Just saying that the statement by itself doesn't mean much.

Also, it would be illegal to lie investors. They can't tell them the game is still coming in September, while interally planing to push it to 2021. So if they say they are still commited to September then that is still the plan. Obviously, that comes with an asterix and depends what the world looks like in 4-5 months.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Unless they broke the mould and actually delayed the game in a way to stop crunch rather than just extend crunch, I just don't see how this game isn't going to suffer delays due to Covid-19.

Sylvestre

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Or so they claim. If cyberpunk is saying they are able to release, well that's evidence the other direction.

Who the heck knows what things will look like by September. It's April, and every week seems to take 6 months to pass as it is...

I'm also not sure why people mention physical distribution as if it doesn't currently exist. In USA, department stores (Like Wal Mart, Target) are "essential retail" (people need things like toilet paper, food, and arguably even clothes, basic hardware (faucets dont stop leaking because of pandemic), automotive etc) and are not nor will be closed. They sell video games just fine. Besides that digital is a vastly increasing share, even sped up more by these times.

Do you think Disk engraving, box making and printing presses are also essential services ? I'm 97% sure the physical copies of games don't materialize in Wal-Mart warehouses.

They must be misleading their investors

Clearly that, yes. Too many services, third parties, first parties, rating boards, marketing firms offline / indered right now to ship anything in time.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana

The difference there is manufacturers are shut down at this moment so the discs cant be produced, Walmart sells the copies but they dont make them. If manufacturers are opened back up in July/August then yeah, Cyberpunk wont get delayed. But if the manufacturers are still shut down at that time the there will be a delay, at least physically

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I must've missed a prior delay though. I swear the game was supposed to release in April or something like that. But I am not really following much news about this game.

OP
OP
Xando

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Do you think Disk engraving, box making and printing presses are also essential services ? I'm 97% sure the physical copies of games don't materialize in Wal-Mart warehouses.

Clearly that, yes. Too many services, third parties, first parties, rating boards, marketing firms offline / indered right now to ship anything in time.
Production in china is ramping up so there are your discs. They're literally saying their marketing campaign is in full swing by now and european countries are looking to end to lockdown in the next month. They haven't mentioned a risk of delay in any outlook so unless you're saying they're lying to their shareholders in todays report you don't really stand on any argument.

This game is still 5 1/2 months from release and won't go into printing for another 4 months.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I could see it. Even if physical copies can't go out by then, I think they'd put it up digitally.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Promising news, really hope it makes its September release as its my most anticipated game in some time.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Hard to make a call on that without knowing the situation of physical production by then.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Why are people even comparing to the TLOU situation.

Cyberpunk is five months away, yes it's still on track for the development side of things. Should distribution be an issue, they wouldn't know until much later.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Either way I'm waiting to play until Series X launches with an enhanced version, but I hope it hits September for those excited!

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

It's not really the distribution that is the main issue, it's the marketing activity that surrounds TLOU2 which they are unable to carry out.

Also Cyberpunk isn't about a Virus

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Good.

If it comes to it then do a digital only release. People wanting physical copies will just need to wait if there any issues printing/shipping.