• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Sources:
https://www.stockwatch.pl/wiadomosci/przecenione-akcje-cd-projektu-kusza-maklerow,akcje,229571
https://www.gry-online.pl/S013.asp?ID=112143
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-con...projekt-group-teleconference-transcript-1.pdf

The brokerage house Vestor DM revealed that CD Projekt RED's new title - a long-awaited, futuristic RPG Cyberpunk 2077 game - is to be equally polished, like Rockstar Games' megahit Red Dead Redemption II, released in October. This information was included in the report made available on November 15, but its real source is a conference call with the participation of the developer.

At the teleconference, the management confirmed that the quality remains the absolute priority for CD Projekt and Cyberpunk 2077 will be no less polished than RDR2.

The brokerage house maintains the belief that Cyberpunk 2077 will sell 19 million copies in its first quarter. These are incredibly ambitious predictions, putting the Polish developer in a row with a company that currently does not really have competition in our industry. Rockstar functions in its own elite league. However, the expert consistently compares the Polish game to RDR2 and believes that such results should be expected from it. The author of the report also notes that there is no justification for such strong declines in the domestic company's course that we have recently faced.

Vestor DM say: We maintain the assumption of a debut in Q4'19 [it can not be ruled out that it is the fourth quarter of the fiscal year, i.e. in fact Q1 2020 - perm. aut.], sale of 19 million copies in the first quarter of the premiere and revenues of 1.9 billion zlotys (525 million USD).

Since the release of our previous recommendation, the price of CD Projekt shares fell by 33%. [...]. We believe that this is not fundamentally justified. The great debut of Red Dead Redemption 2 in October (gross sale of 725 million USD in 3 days) shows in our opinion the market potential of AAA titles such as Cyberpunk

Extremely bold claims considering not everyone can do what Rockstar does. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Last edited:

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At certain as i am of its success and quality, its foolish to make such commitments this early. Especially with regards to the polish.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a dumb statement that will come back to haunt them, like their graphical targets for TW3 did.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
Sources:
https://www.stockwatch.pl/wiadomosci/przecenione-akcje-cd-projektu-kusza-maklerow,akcje,229571
https://www.gry-online.pl/S013.asp?ID=112143

Extremely bold claims considering not everyone can do what Rockstar does. Hope it lives up to the hype.
Doesn't bode well then rdr 2 was a big disappointment to me but game was/is good but got very boring to me better story than the 1st but rdr 1 felt more fun

Anyway can't wait I'm excited for this game

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
extremely tone deaf response seeing RDR2 is the way it is because of the absurd crunch.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hopefully they also improve the gameplay from their last major title, something rockstar failed to do.

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
We'll see...

I'm really excited for the game and I think CDPR can pull it off but I don't know if a statement like this helps. Likely it'll backfire somehow.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is not CDPR putting a 19 million sold estimate on the game

It's an investment firms prediction

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How did they come up with 19 million now? When is this game releasing again? I guess it's coming to like 4 or 5 platforms.

Deleted member 10549

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have no doubts that it will sell a lot of copies, but 19 milions in first quarter? I wonder if they will reach this number in its lifetime.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
So half your NPC friends will disappear from your house because of a bug and remain unpatched for a month?

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Doesn't bode well then rdr 2 was a big disappointment to me but game was/is good but got very boring to me better story than the 1st but rdr 1 felt more fun

Anyway can't wait I'm excited for this game
giphy.gif

How does this pertain in any way, shape, or form to the notion of Cyberpunk being "as fine-tuned as RDR2"?

Sev

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, I'm sure the controls will be as polished as RDR2's are, if they're anything like TW3's.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're going to get mocked for this til the end of time, aren't they?

Gamers don't let shit like this go. Ever.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know about the polish, but judging by the 40 min gameplay video I'm sure it will be a more fun game to play.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The title really should be changed

To be clear this number did not come from CDPR.

Oct 27, 2017
This is not CDPR putting a 19 million sold estimate on the game

It's an investment firms prediction

Yes, and the actual quote from the conference call is available here.

---

Łukasz Kosiarski (Pekao IB): Okay, one final question. We recently saw the release of Red Dead Redemption 2 from your competitor. What have you learned by monitoring this event, and have you drawn any lessons which may benefit Cyberpunk as regards fine-tuning the game? Well, with The Witcher 3 the bugs took around 3 months to patch out after the release – from what I can remember – and the prevailing view seems to be that Red Dead Redemption was good enough on the day of release to merit that 97/100 score. Do you expect to be able to release Cyberpunk in a good enough state to score at least 95 points, or do you prioritize your release schedule?

Adam Kiciński (CEO): A fairly provocative question, isn't it? Without a doubt, quality is of paramount importance. We strive to publish games which are as refined as Red Dead Redemption 2, and recent Rockstar releases in general. That game is excellent, by the way, we are rooting for it. Rave reviews, excellent sales. What does that teach us? Well, it teaches us that we need to publish extraordinary games, and that's exactly what we are planning. Gamers, it seems, tend to focus more and more on hit releases. There's only so much time one can devote to videogames, and while there gaming community is growing, time cannot be stretched. There is – well, maybe not a surfeit, but a fair deal of good games out there, and playing them consumes a lot of time. So it pays to be among the best – that's how you get a nice fat slice of cake, businesswise, and the same cannot be said for the lower leagues. In summary, we are rooting for Rock Star and for Red Dead Redemption 2, and we're happy to see that excellent games continue to sell well.