• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
UPDATE: Debunked. Third person cutscenes will still be there.

========
Unlike the original poster in the other thread I thought was big enough to warrant a thread of its own:
Thought about making a new thread for this but decided against it as this is still a bit of a rumor.

So according to people on the CDPR forums any third person cutscenes like we still saw them in the 48 minute demo have been replaced with first person cutscenes. The only instance of third person would now be the optional camera when driving a car or bike.
Dani (fellow user from the polish forum) asked about third person cutscenes in the game on facebook and it seems my past speculation based on podcast with Lilayah was correct, they were removed from the game and now entire game plays out in first person, even during cutscenes.

I know some people will be disappointed by that (especially In That One Thread), but personally it's cool with me.

And a screenshot of a conversation with a dev

index.php

This would definitely be a disappointment to me. Of course have we known that it will be mainly first person but some sequences in which you can actually see your customized character with all their augments etc. would be great. I also think some sequences will also just be weird in first person, like the mentioned sex scenes.

This is extremely disappointing if it's true. Like, why even have a character creator and cosmetic customization at this point?

Last edited:

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Am I the only person who prefers first-person? Like, why does Cyberpunk have to be third-person? I don't get it.

First person causes extreme nausea for me, so I personally prefer 3rd, but that boat clearly sailed a long time ago. CDPR wants to do 1st person, and I respect their decision.

This game won't be for me, and that's ok.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only person who prefers first-person? Like, why does Cyberpunk have to be third-person? I don't get it.
A LOT of people seem to have trouble coming to terms with the fact that they're buying a first person shooter RPG. That said, shame because the direction of the cutscenes, dialogue aside, looked good with some really neat cinematography, pacing, and details like V's eyes lighting up when she answered a phone call. Along with some good transitions to first person.
TrDhhb6.gif

was looking forward to seeing more of that in the final game.

Vlodril

Dec 18, 2017
What is the point of changing to cool clothes as they said if you won't be able to see your character ever?

Oct 27, 2017
This kind of makes creating a cool looking character kind of pointless, if you are not going to be able to see them. I guess there will be mirrors and while driving a bike, but still that's not much.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
I like it, keeps you more immersed, assuming they don't make cuts/obvious cuts.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It really seems like they are feeling the crunch and dont want to have to deal with all the animations that would come with that. I have to wonder why they dont just delay the game if it seems like so many things are getting cut

And so the character creation system will only let you see your character on a bike?

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
What is the point of all of the customization and clothing options then? I was really excited for this game but like 80% of the news since the reveal has been disappointing

Toreal

Nov 5, 2017
That makes sense with the immersion they are going for, and choosing only first person camera for gameplay.
Looking forward to seeing the results, since this should allow extra focus on first person story telling.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
First person causes extreme nausea for me, so I personally prefer 3rd, but that boat clearly sailed a long time ago. CDPR wants to do 1st person, and I respect their decision.

This game won't be for me, and that's ok.

I get that, but I don't get why people who don't have to deal with that are mad at this being first-person. We have way too many third person games on the market as it is.

A LOT of people seem to have trouble coming to terms with the fact that they're buying a first person shooter RPG.

Then this game is not for them, straight up. Don't buy it if you don't like first-person.

Sorry if I come across like an asshole, but all these "oh no it's not third person so it's gonna suck" complaints in general just annoy the crap out of me. I'm glad that the cutscenes are in first-person only.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yea this is major news and a huge disappointment as part of the charm in the video last year was that you could see the customizations on your character. This makes stuff like clothes kind of pointless now.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Unlike the original poster in the other thread I thought was big enough to warrant a thread of its own:

This is extremely disappointing if it's true. Like, why even have a character creator and cosmetic customization at this point?

Same for me. Makes all this talk of them expanding the character creator rather pointless if you can't see your character for 99% of the game, and the immersion argument is moot if you can jump out of FPP to Third for vehicles and bikes.

Add it to the pile I guess that'll likely get bigger if they're intent on hitting April 2020.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Bummer, I guess.

Kinda bemused at the obsession with this game and third person.

It would be like if a whole bunch of people suddenly decided that, I dunno, say, Horizon Zero Dawn absolutely should have been first person and anything else is a betrayal.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I guess the only bright side of this is I won't take hours customizing my character before I even start.

I don't mind the game being an FPS, that's fine.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
So... in other words... they were running out of time to animate the main character for all of the scenes so they chose to eliminate that to save on time resources.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'll never understand how some people can't deal with first person

It's cool to prefer third person games, but if the game is good and works well in first person, then that's all that really matters surely?

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Makes me wonder if they cut this out so that they can make their release date. But yeah this realllly sucks big time. What's the point of all the customization if you can't see the fruits of it?

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
It really seems like they are feeling the crunch and dont want to have to deal with all the animations that would come with that. I have to wonder why they dont just delay the game if it seems like so many things are getting cut

And so the character creation system will only let you see your character on a bike?
This is honestly probably it. Especially considering the character customization and stuff

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of this at all

It's important for me to see the protagonist in a game like this

Vlodril

Dec 18, 2017
Deus is mostly in first person but still the cutscenes are in third person. Imagine not being able to see Jensen..

Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay with a first person game but I gotta echo others: what's the point of customization then?

Aside from voice and some other visual options, you won't see your character. No point in wasting effort customizing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.