1. Luxorek

Luxorek
    Member OP

[​IMG]

Taken from their 'Management Board Report on The CD PROJEKT Capital Group Activity in 2017'.

Source, page 26

2. Stygr

Stygr

Yes, this was known for a long time.

3. KoolAid

KoolAid

Witcher spinoff?

4. Tregard

Tregard

New Vegas 2, baby.

(No idea.)

5. Zacmortar

Zacmortar

Witcher Ciri, come the fuck on cd

6. Starlatine

Starlatine

I'm an industry insider and can guarantee this game is not coming out in 2017

7. Well they better get cracking on Cyberpunk if they want to release something else so close.

8. Trago

Trago

Witcher 4 starring Ciri.

9. zedox

zedox

I bet you that it is coming. End of our bet is in 2015.

10. TC13

TC13

An AAAAAAAAA game?

11. Coreda

Coreda
    SVG Wizard Member

I remember hearing of this a while ago and the thing that puzzles me is we've heard bits and pieces about Cyberpunk but absolutely nothing about this mysterious other AAA title which should be releasing in the new few years.

Wonder if it's Witcher related, given their comments to investors about the value and success of the IP.

12. Exentryk

Exentryk

Let's go Witcher 4!

*Waits patiently*

[​IMG]

13. Ahasverus

Ahasverus
    Banned Member

What could it b---- WITCHER 4 BABY

14. Max Deltree

Max Deltree

I like the idea someone proposed on these forums, of CDPR using another of Pondsmith's games: Castle Falkenstein. A steampunk game from CDPR would be really, really awesome!

15. Mr.Deadshot

Mr.Deadshot

Please no.

It probably will be TW related. But to be honest everything NOT Geralt wouldn't feel right. Geralt is the Witcher.

16. Luxorek

Luxorek
    Member OP

Lol, yep I done goofed.

News to me. When did they divulge that? Their previous financial reports or was it assumed due to job postings?

17. Ahasverus

Ahasverus
    Banned Member

Don't buy it I guess

18. Cinemikel

Cinemikel
    Banned Member

Crossing my fingers it comes out Nov 2017

19. Vault

Vault

Finally the Dandelion spinoff I have been waiting for

20. NoKisum

NoKisum

Could this be why they opened up that new studio?

21. Nirolak

Nirolak

They were pretty clear that The Witcher 3 would be the last game you play as Geralt in, and that any potentially appearances he made in future games (that, you know, weren't things like GWENT or a MOBA) would be as an NPC.

22. Stygr

Stygr

23. BitsandBytes

BitsandBytes

It is curious though. If they haven't released a AAA story-driven RPG in 2017 or 2018 (unless I missed something big here!?) and the whole team is currently working on Cyberpunk 2077 then how could it be possible they will release this new
    RPG by 2021? Unless Cyberpunk is very close to release now.....!?

24. CopperPuppy

CopperPuppy

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Coreda

Coreda
    SVG Wizard Member

I know that CDPR stockholder who would post investor notes made a thread about it some time back. Probably was published elsewhere as well.

26. Print_Dog

Print_Dog

I would totally buy a Witcher game with Ciri. Her parts on Witcher 3 were pretty legit.

27. Zacmortar

Zacmortar

Geralt is done. He's not god, the universe can exist without him, jesus christ. Let another character that they built up take the spotlight. The Ciri sections in W3 were the coolest parts gameplay wise.

28. Mr.Deadshot

Mr.Deadshot

I know. That's why I'd rather have something new instead of a Witcher game without playable Geralt.

29. Coreda

Coreda
    SVG Wizard Member

She was so OP though. It was good in small doses but I'm not sure how you'd balance an entire game around it.

30. Exentryk

Exentryk

The team working on Cyberpunk is not the one working on this other AAA RPG. CDPR has grown and now has multiple teams.

31. Scrobbles

Scrobbles

Ciri Witcher game please

32. Meowmixez

Meowmixez

I think they need to move on.

33. Zacmortar

Zacmortar

Thats the best part about designing the game around her. She'd likely be more balanced ad her powers would basically be a replacement for Geralt's signs.

34. Luxorek

Luxorek
    Member OP

35. Acquiescence

Acquiescence

So it's coming out somewhere between 2023-2030 then.

36. Dark_Castle

Dark_Castle

Based CDPR.

Give me all the good shit, you could have my firstborn.

37. Mr.Deadshot

Mr.Deadshot

Ciri parts were garbage. Make a Triss game and I might get hyped again.

But when a story is told they could make something fresh instead of milking the franchise. The Witcher world isn't even THAT great IMO. It's not Tamriel, Middle Earth, Star Wars or The Forgotten Realms. It was always about Geralt and his adventures for me.

38. Zaheer

Zaheer

Could've sworn they've mentioned this before.

39. BitsandBytes

BitsandBytes

That explains that then! Thanks.

40. JD3Nine

JD3Nine

A prequel as a rookie Witcher that had different paths depending on which school you pick would be awesome. Probably too much work though.

I like Ciri but I don’t know about a whole game designed around her.

41. Sabretooth

Sabretooth

As cool as another Witcher game would be, I hope they're working on something else, maybe an original IP or something. I'd like something fresh. Witcher 3 with DLC is honestly such a huge game, it'd tide me over for a decade.

42. Heathen

Heathen

Cyberpunk Online...

43. WestEgg

WestEgg

That's... quite the release window.

44. Se_7_eN

Se_7_eN

Unless it is a secret Witcher expansion (I would be 100% ok with that), then I don't believe it....

There is no way they are going to release a complete unannounced RPG before Cyber Punk 2077, if they do, I will eat KFC.

45. SuperSplit

SuperSplit
    Banned Member

So weird, I forget how good everything looks in that game sometimes, god damn masterpiece.
    Would love a game as a Witcher from a different school, and would love to see Letho again, guy was badass.

46. Zacmortar

Zacmortar

This isn't waifu wars dude, Ciri literally already has a gameplay base down. Triss has nothing. They wouldn't focus a game on a "choose your date" character over the actual main character of Witcher 3.

Also Witcher's world is a lot more interesting than any of those, except maybe Old Republic Star Wars.

47. MrNewVegas

MrNewVegas

Don't do this to me lol

48. Megatron

Megatron

I would be cool with some young kid learning to be a witcher, with the story turning into a quest to find geralt to complete his training. Kind of trying to do the last jedi correctly.

49. Bishop89

Bishop89

Cyberpunk 2

50. Zedark

Zedark

I disagree with that. Sure, Geralt is an extremely important character for the world, but the world itself, especially as crafted in Witcher 3, is formidable enough to support a different cast imo.