• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
This... makes no sense? Wouldn't this mean there is another team working on that AAA title right now? I thought they always said they were working on Cyberpunk after Witcher 3.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't waifu wars dude, Ciri literally already has a gameplay base down. Triss has nothing. They wouldn't focus a game on a "choose your date" character over the actual main character of Witcher 3.

Also Witcher's world is a lot more interesting than any of those, except maybe Old Republic Star Wars.
It's always about the waifus ;)

And just no at more interesting world. It's not even close. But lets agree to disagree.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Telltale co-developed Zoltan & Dandelion game with a Hangover style plot including some kind of curse and other fantasy elements forcing them to work together until they solve whatever.

Hope it releases in 2017 instead of 2021.

Frostman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great Britain
This... makes no sense? Wouldn't this mean there is another team working on that AAA title right now? I thought they always said they were working on Cyberpunk after Witcher 3.
The are working on Cyberpunk currently, but they are also expanding considerably and have also just bought a new studio making that 3 total studios in Poland.

They did say that they wanted to double their workforce, which was 300 and now much higher (I'm assuming 500+).

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Tell me this shit ain't Witcher related brehs:

Witcher.jpg

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
People are expecting a Witcher sequel with another character, but they can still make The Witcher 0, a Witcher game based on any of the books, or a Witcher 1 reimagining. Geralt's story is done, but I think it isn't necessarily fully told yet. :)

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Ciri sections in W3 were the coolest parts gameplay wise.

Absolutely not. I hated those parts. She had one cool move and all you did was just spam it to get through a bunch of enemies on a linear path. Boring as hell.

If Ciri becomes the main character then they'll have to make her far more interesting gameplay-wise.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
Market segment unexplored by the studio.

Sounded like mobile games will certainly be one of those unexplored segment. Perhaps even a F2P tile that is not a card game.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely not. I hated those parts. She had one cool move and all you did was just spam it to get through a bunch of enemies on a linear path. Boring as hell.

If Ciri becomes the main character then they'll have to make her far more interesting gameplay-wise.
Do people not understand the concept of mechanics changing when they become the focus of a next project? Are you people actually thinking they'd move her gameplay untouched and just use that? Really?

Even under the pretense the gameplay would be eh, W3's gameplay was also awful. The bst part of W3 isthe writing, and Ciri was a super interesting personality and brightened up most scenes she was in. There's a lot of cool shit to be done with a beginner Witcher.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any books or stories left to do a Witcher 4?

They should be remaking 1 and 2 since both those games sort of didn't age too well in many areas, not to mention a lot of people played 3 but never played 1 and 2.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The Witcher 3 is my favourite game of all time and I've been stanning CDPR since before they went mainstream (Witcher 1 days at) but I really hope it's not The Witcher 4, the series ended perfectly and plus that fucks with the ending choices. I love The Witcher but I'm done with it, would prefer to something new.

Also, cyberpunk must he coming out like early next year, mark my words it will have a Fallout 4-esque reveal and release date window.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Has to be Ciri based Witcher spinoff otherwise how
Well, since Cyberpunk is their exploration of making a narrative-driven open world (nailed in the TW3) with a character creator (damn hard to pull off), I'm guessing all the lessons they learn in pulling that off will be used in TW4. Closest Elder Scrolls competitor yet.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
A Witcher game not starring Geralt would be cool. Maybe a prequel with the adventures of Vesemir or something.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
It's my dream game The Kingslayer: A Witcher Tale starting Letho.

The perfect spin off.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
I love how open the range is! If they could have closed a tiiiny bit the gap would have been awesome tho.
P.S: I can certainly tell you guys, it will be realeased in the 2018-2022 window

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever it is I hope I can be a girl, I love Geralt but definitely felt over-dude'ed by the end of it all.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I think it's probably a new The Witcher game with Ciri or a new witcher from different school as a protagonist. It will take a while before we will hear about it, though.

Oct 26, 2017
I do not desire another Witcher game, if i am completely honest. TW3 is a milestone achievement for gaming as a whole and i would like it to be the way The Witcher as a whole leaves its mark on the industry.

I have full faith in CDPR to deliver on whatever they set their sights on, though.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Please no.

It probably will be TW related. But to be honest everything NOT Geralt wouldn't feel right. Geralt is the Witcher.

You have so many kingdoms and places that get mentioned in Witcher 2 alone that I think the witcher universe has almost inifite possibilities without Geralt. And if you want to, you could just rename the game while keeping it inside witcher universe.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CDPR definitely needs to step it up and prove that they're capable of being an actual studio, rather than producing a game every six years.